Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

Discussion in 'Hikvision' started by copex, Sep 27, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Martyn Campbell

Martyn Campbell n3wb

Hi,

I am having some trouble adding a chime to this doorbell.. I have wired it as per the diagram to a Byron 776 but there is no chime when pressing the button

I have one wire going from the transformer going to terminal 0 on the chime and then out of terminal 2 to the doorbell.. Any ideas? Would the resistor make a difference seeing as the chime is 8V?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

20190330_105238.jpg

20190330_105251.jpg

Just thinking about this, do I also need to put mains voltage to the Chime?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Martyn Campbell

Martyn Campbell n3wb

Ok, just to update, everything is wired as first mentioned in my previous post but I have now removed the resistor.

When the power is connected I hear the doorbell announce "The Doorbell is Running" then I hear the Chime making a buzzing sound.

When the Doorbell announces the WiFi is connected the Chime "Dings" and the Doorbell reboots!.

I measured the voltage before the ding at 16V as soon as the Chime dings the voltage drops to 11V which is why the Doorbell is rebooting in this neverending cycle.

Hoping someone can "Chime In" (Pun intended) and throw me a bone here?

Many Thanks

3. Martyn Campbell

Martyn Campbell n3wb

Ok, I guess if you leave someone alone with their problems long enough they will sort themselves out :-D

Bought the Chime mentioned previously from Toolstation and all working now.

4. Saadmamlouk17

Saadmamlouk17 n3wb

Hello , can you pls reWrite the chime model and link so i can buy it.
    And it will work fine with 24vac transformer.
    Thanks in advance

5. copex

copex Getting the hang of it

WIth VAC they devices normally have a wide tolerance, with the door bell you could apply 24vac constantly to a 12vac device it would probably burn out the coil quickly and there would be a higher chance of fire, but as the voltage is only applied for a short amount of time, it is unlikely to cause an issue, trying to do the same with DC would be an instant issue.

overdrive just means you are using a higher than required voltage.

6. copex

7. sunday

sunday n3wb

all true, as long as people press the button for only a short time. I don't know, but my guess would be that the current goes through it as long as the button is pressed. Things might go wrong when people keep the button pressed. I think the bell comes with a resistor, which normally would be placed instead of a chime, if you don't want to connect the chime. It might be worth to put that resistor in series, so the current goes through the resistor and the bell, lowering the voltage for the bell. (if the resistor would be a very good replacement for the chime, the voltage at the bell would half of what it would normally get).
    ((but i don't have this bell, I've unfortunately bought the 12V lookalike, which doesn't support any chime)

8. Saadmamlouk17

Saadmamlouk17 n3wb

9. copex

you can only try... the built in transformer may not work down to the way it is wired but as i don't have one i can not be 100% sure :)
    i can only say what i purchased works and has done for some time with out issue

@sunday - it dose not work as a switch early versions of firmware you could press and hold the button and the bell would only chime once, after a firmware update holding the button the bell will chime more than once every few seconds,

10. sunday

sunday n3wb

What are the pro's and cons between the various hik-vision programs. Hik-connect, , ivms-4500, hik central, guarding expert, guarding vision (last two were mention in the bell's manual)

11. maximosm

maximosm n3wb

I have buy this doorbel for one customer and working good with chime 12v and 24v transformer.We will see how long will last the bell but i dont think have any problem. The only not good is the ir lights that are not so bright.I want to buy enother one for personal use to test it in compare with a ring pro.the no1 advandance of hikvision is tha you can use it with blueiris(not so easy and with clear icon)but its ok.I hope with next updates to be beter at this section.

12. Martyn Campbell

Martyn Campbell n3wb

I disconnected the IR lights as per the guide in this thread MUCH better without them!

13. BLev

BLev n3wb

I have exactly the same question.

I just installed my Uniden doorbell and it seems to work fine. I put the Hik-Connect app on my wife’s phone and shared the device from my phone to hers. She can see the video fine when doing a live view, however only my phone beeps when the doorbell button is pressed.