Hikvision DS-KD8003 back light and IR

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, or use HA :)

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With hikconnect I can also connect to the IP of my device, but it only acts as camera then... Not sure about dahua
Probably because the SIP propietary runs in the Hik cloud and not locally?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, it runs local, the indoor station is sending the forward to cloud, not the outdoor station

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, it runs local, the indoor station is sending the forward to cloud, not the outdoor station
LOL, instead of sending the call to the devices pointing directly to the unit, it sends the notification to the cloud :// That sucks...

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The outdoor station is calling to a conference room, with HA, on a call notification you can join the call to answer , the early media will come trough RTSP or webrtc

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you use HA, you don't need their indoor stations , you use a regular android tablet then

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The outdoor station is calling to a conference room, with HA, on a call notification you can join the call to answer , the early media will come trough RTSP or webrtc
so all your units run through tablets with HA, to be able to run RTSP or webrtc and at the same time have a SIP card, right?
Are you able to share with us an image of how that is showing in your HA?

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you use HA, you don't need their indoor stations , you use a regular android tablet then
Yep, I guess that once you go with the own SIP, it is better to run an Android with HA, instead of indoor stations, that will have the early media issue

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm need to see if I can find a screenshot, because now I'm using ISAPI two way audio instead, it's another test case, that also runs local without their cloud :)

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, even if that works like you say. What will happen if I decide not to run an indoor station? The Android apps won't work?

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm need to see if I can find a screenshot, because now I'm using ISAPI two way audio instead, it's another test case, that also runs local without their cloud :)
Losted now. Don't know what is ISAPI xDD Another protocol like SIP? Is that ISAPI working the same with HA? Or what benefits is ISAPI giving you, for you not to use SIP?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is btw the HA sip card I use...

ISAPi is just a protocol, you can develop your own app to start two way audio ... The benefi for me is that I can still use the indoor stations, with early media... With app on sofphone , I can open the outdoor station based on IP and manually start two way audio...I use the Synology app for that

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is btw the HA sip card I use...

ISAPi is just a protocol, you can develop your own app to start two way audio ... The benefi for me is that I can still use the indoor stations, with early media... With app on sofphone , I can open the outdoor station based on IP and manually start two way audio...I use the Synology app for that
mmmmm, so the issue of SIP with early media is solved then with ISAPI? Does that protocol run into a different ISAPI server? Is that also working fine with HA?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, doesnt work with HA, you need an app that supports twowayaudio.. allthough I use HA for the incoming call notification, I get a popup on my android (now they use websockets, so it's always instant) from that popup I do an action to open the Synology app, with that app I start two-way audio... The only command that I need to send first, is to answer the call, I do that from HA, afterwards I can start the talk... I can also open the door from my Synology app.... So if you own one, it's a good alternative...
Otherwise , don't use Isapi :)

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, doesnt work with HA, you need an app that supports twowayaudio.. allthough I use HA for the incoming call notification, I get a popup on my android (now they use websockets, so it's always instant) from that popup I do an action to open the Synology app, with that app I start two-way audio... The only command that I need to send first, is to answer the call, I do that from HA, afterwards I can start the talk... I can also open the door from my Synology app.... So if you own one, it's a good alternative...
Otherwise , don't use Isapi :)
No, I do not own a Synology. However HA is not capable of twowayaudio? shouldn't it be capable since it has a SIP card for it?