Hikvision DS-KD8003 back light and IR

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct, with a sip server you can use HA as client or just softphone...

For indoor purposes you could also use a google hub if you have any, just cast the video to a hub device to see the early video :)

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, even if that works like you say. What will happen if I decide not to run an indoor station? The Android apps won't work?
And what about this?
What happens with the Android calls, if I decide not to run SIP, and go with propietary SIP? Won't I receive android calls because I do not have an interior unit?

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Correct, with a sip server you can use HA as client or just softphone...

For indoor purposes you could also use a google hub if you have any, just cast the video to a hub device to see the early video :)
hehe, the idea is to see the early video and to be able to take the call. Will I be able to make both things from the google hub?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, for an 8003 device you need the indoor , if you use their private protocol, there are other models that work standalone...
If you go the private protocol road, you can only use their hikconnect cloud service on your Android phones...

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if you can actually pickup a call from the hub device, never tried it ;+)

I don't cast the Lovelace to it, just the RTSP stream

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, for an 8003 device you need the indoor , if you use their private protocol, there are other models that work standalone...
If you go the private protocol road, you can only use their hikconnect cloud service on your Android phones...
crap... I thought I would be able to use the 8003 standalone :(

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can only use 8003 standalone, if you use your own pbx

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure if you can actually pickup a call from the hub device, never tried it ;+)

I don't cast the Lovelace to it, just the RTSP stream
So, I guess you see the RSTP from the google hub, and then take the call from a softphone?

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can only use 8003 standalone, if you use your own pbx
Yep, I was meaning with the hikvision service.
If I go with the PBX option, I will need to build all HA stuff, to be able to check RTSP and take the call from the same device.

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How complex would you say it is to set up the PBX thing to work on the hikvision unit, and then integrate it in HA for it to work on all of my android tablet/smartphones?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's quite easy, the asterisk server is also avaible as an add-on, it's already preconfigured with conference system

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But remember, it's a different approach, with an HA card, you join the call , instead of answering

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But remember, it's a different approach, with an HA card, you join the call , instead of answering
You mean, that 3 people can take the ring call at once, right?
Isn't there a limit in the asterisk server? So that only 2 people can join a call? In this case the person outside the house, and another one that takes the call

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, probably , it's plain asterisks... You can limit the conf room to 2 people :)

The idea of conf room, is because of you use HA and a sip card, when you close HA on your tablet, the registration is gone, and you want receive the call... So upon a call, HA gives you the popup, from that popup you open the view/card where the Lovelace card is configured , there is a setting on the card that auto joins the conf when you open it...
Opening door can be used by sending DTMF signal

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the best alternative not to use their cloud, works on Dahua too offcourse

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, probably , it's plain asterisks... You can limit the conf room to 2 people :)
mmm, so why did you say "with an HA card, you join the call , instead of answering ", didn't get that point

Opening door can be used by sending DTMF signal
mmmm can DTMF signal be sent from HA? Isn't there an integration of hikvision with HA for that already?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
And what about this?
What happens with the Android calls, if I decide not to run SIP, and go with propietary SIP? Won't I receive android calls because I do not have an interior unit?
The benefit of dahua devices is that they have NOT a proprietary sip server instead they have a standard sip server and you can just use a softphone like groundwire or zoiper ... or just their own app..
problem of all hikvision/dahua.. you cannot call the devices, that only works with their own app

there are MANY problems with these devices if you dont want their indoor stations/apps ..
all intercoms works best with their own app. some support standard sip, so can use softphone, but also early media problems when more than one device is called.

dahua uses mostly standard sip but inject custom header which their indoor stations use for early media,...

also with newest intercom gen and firmware 4.5 they finally add options to remove the annoying sounds / you can use own ... on hikvision you cannot disable them, you can just disable all but then losing ringback tone.

when you buy something, first lower your expectations.. you will always find something which is crap.
for me the image quality of the dahua devices is better,... only annoying that you cannot use IR always at night

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes you can send DTMF signals from the sip card, it's a button...
Well ,in normal circumstances, with a PBX server, you call people (extensions). But to call someone, that extension needs to be online, otherwise you get the busy tone....
So what happens, with HA, the Lovelace sip is just an extension... So if you close HA app, the 8003 isn't able to call HA ... So instead, the 8003 calls an conference room... That room is always online, with HA you just join the room

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
problem of all hikvision/dahua.. you cannot call the devices, that only works with their own app
mmm, you mean, I can not use the dahua standalone, with their dahua app?
So it is clear now, that I am not able to use the Hikvision, since I need interior unit, but using the dahua standalone, with its own app, isn't that really possible either? And receive the call notifications?

only annoying that you cannot use IR always at night
Well, up to what I know the backlight button is not working either during night, until someone presses it, doesn't it?