Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have bought the doordbird d2101kv, what a crap, sometimes no audio, crap sound quality., Gonna bring it back and buy hikvision....

The keypad, does it only supports 6 digit PIN? Is 4 number not possible?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
also, gonna buy the 8003 with keypad, but i am confused about the wiring? on m doorbird, i have 2 wires, it was setup as a relay, so when i entered the correct code, the relay was closed for 2 sec
see attached files how i did the wiring... how do i need to setup on 8003 ? do i need to use nc1 and com ? or nc1 and no1 ? is there also a setting in invms to define the seconds that the relay is cosed?

my electrical lock is powered with an external 24v power adapter

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have bought the doordbird d2101kv, what a crap, sometimes no audio, crap sound quality., Gonna bring it back and buy hikvision....

The keypad, does it only supports 6 digit PIN? Is 4 number not possible?
Only 6 digits.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thnx for feedback @maximosm

also are you using POE? are 2 pairs (4 wires) enough? wire 1,2,3,6 ?
my doorbird only needs 4 wires for poe 802.3af , so i can use the other 4 wires for door locks or other stuff
is this also for hikvision?

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thnx for feedback @maximosm

also are you using POE? are 2 pairs (4 wires) enough? wire 1,2,3,6 ?
my doorbird only needs 4 wires for poe 802.3af , so i can use the other 4 wires for door locks or other stuff
is this also for hikvision?
There are 2 versions of hikvision
DS-KD8003-IME1 need normal poe with all 8 wires(but have 12v output)
DS-KD8003-IME2 need only 2 wires but you need extra device for this version to comunicate with this 2 wires.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@maximosm
are you sure about the 8 wires? it doesnt work with 4 ? normally 4 wires is enough for 802.3af POE (power + lan) , only at10 / 100

for the IME2 , what do you mean by extra device? how can it it work with 2 wires with a LAN jack?

Last edited:

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need this device DS-KAD706-S to connect DS-KD8003-IME2 .And after that you can choose if you want a 2 wire display or ethernet.I have not test it to use only the 4 wires but i dont think it works.And yes using poe. With this model DS-KD8003-IME2 you dont use lan jack.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, gonna read/call, to specs, the kd8003 uses 802.3af
according to articles in internet, for example on this site : An Introduction to Power-over-Ethernet

at the bottom of page in table, it says only 2 pairs

or another example : 3398 - Power over Ethernet (PoE) Explained: PoE Standards, Types and Power Levels
A ok.I just read it.I am not sure if it works because if there is inside the module wired with B alternative then you need all 8 wires.If it is with A then you need all wiring to your swich running in A and then can be work.I will make a test with my demo display and see if working.I have not any 8003 modul to test.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A ok.I just read it.I am not sure if it works because if there is inside the module wired with B alternative then you need all 8 wires.If it is with A then you need all wiring to your swich running in A and then can be work.I will make a test with my demo display and see if working.I have not any 8003 modul to test.
with 1236 connection powering on but not taking data.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that would be great if you could test it, i think it should work

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh, crap :s , pff, then i cant use POE , forced to use 2 wire system then ?
i only have 1 UTP outside , i need 2 wires for the door , so i am left with 6

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh, crap :s , pff, then i cant use POE , forced to use 2 wire system then ?
i only have 1 UTP outside , i need 2 wires for the door , so i am left with 6
You can use the output of the modul .I have 12v outpout for the door.....

Attachments

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my door is 24V, its powered with external power now, but what output you mean? how to connect that if all 8 wires are needed by poe/lan?
or are you talking about the 2 wire system?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ah, you mean , 4 for the LAN, 2 for the doorlock, and 2 for the 12 v dc power?
is there a 12 v dc power in the box with the IME1 where i can then attach 1 pair of UTP to it? can you show me a pic of that external power supply ?

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is there a 12 v dc power in the box with the IME1 where i can then attach 1 pair of UTP to it? can you show me a pic of that external power supply ?
No . You are using all 8 cat 7 for the Modul. And After that the Modul have a 12v output that using for your door.If you want send pm.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, send me PM, dont understand the wiring for my door :)

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guys , where can we fnd release notes for the submodules? i cant see them here?

also, why are there 2 fles for upgrade of firmwares for submodules? sorry, new to this :)
is it true with new firmware, now 4 digits passwords can be used as code for keypad?

ztm

n3wb
Reaction score
No . You are using all 8 cat 7 for the Modul. And After that the Modul have a 12v output that using for your door.If you want send pm.
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
It's been discussed many times - even on this forum - DON"T USE that 12V DC terminal for powering electric locks. You MUST USE a uniqe power supply for the lock. Try to reed forward the manual, 'bout just 2 pages. Door Lock Wiring you should look for.

The 12VDC terminal is an INPUT if you are powering the module directly with a 12VDC adapter not by PoE.