Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same problem. The outdoor station was working. I can see the video image on the indoor station and the hik-connect app. But when I ring the doorbell a female voice says "calling failed".
Also I couldn't change any settings on the outdoor station because it kept saying "incorrect password". I believe the mistake I made was upgrading to the wrong firmware. Hikvision makes different firmware versions for different country's. I used the uk firmware. Eventhough I live in the Netherlands. This was my mistake.

What I did to solve the problem:
I went to the dutch (Netherlands) website of hikvision hikvision.com/nl.
I searched for DS-KIS702.
Scrolled all the way down. Downloaded the:
Upgraded the firmware of the DS-KH6320-WTE2 with the SADP or BATCH program from Hikvision.
Upgrading the DS-KD8003-IME2 was more difficult because of the incorrect password problem. But I found this program called TFTP. With this I could change the firmware.
With the correct firmware my old password for the DS-KD8003-IME2 was the correct password again!
I rang the doorbell (with my fingers crossed) but still I got the "calling failed" message.
I used the indoor station next. Went to the configuration menu to reset the device using the "remove all" option. After the device restarted I entered the new password. (I used the old password which worked to enter the DS-KD8003-IME2, don't know if this matters).
I used the wizard to configure the device.
Rang the doorbell again (fingers crossed) , and YES finally the indoor station was ringing again. After a whole week of struggling.
I believe that maybe the password of the indoor station needs to be the same as the outdoor station.

In the release notes of the uk firmare it says:
When configuring the video intercom system, the registration password of the door station
must be configured first, the registration password on the indoor station must be the same as the
door station to register successfully.

In the release notes of the dutch firmware it doesn't mention this.

Anyway, I hope you can use this information to solve your problem.
Which region is your KD8003 and the 6320 ?You can find it at the serial number.

EmKay

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so you think the hardware is different then for each country?

Where did you bought it from?
Yes I believe so. Hikvision doesn't want you to buy there products from China if you live don't live there. Or from anywhere else. For obvious reasons.
They might work as long as you don't upgrade the firmware. But don't count on any support from Hikvision if you do so.
I had it installed by a Dutch security company. So I bought it from them.

Last edited:

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Door station says "RRE" and the indoor station says "WRQ"
I dont think was problem with uk firmware beacause the most off units are like this. RR and WR. If any other member can confirm a device bought from Uk market what region says at SN, than it is 100% no any diference betwen firmware.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I believe I am mistaken. I downloaded the firmware from the Hikvision portal. Now I remember! This was the firmware that caused the problem.
No this is not problem downloading firware from the portal this link is the EU portal and support the EU devices but the UK portal you can use it as well for your update.The best is use the Portal tha is the same with the device SN region but in this situation the RR and WR can use both portals.
RR=Other/unspecified
WR= World/multilanguage

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I can also buy from AliExpress if it's worldwide?
I think you can,if there are WR versions. but if you have aproblem with Garantie or password reset then you lose your monay.
See you PM.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, will send you models later that I am interested in... Allthough still not sure , still deciding between doorbird too... Because of the open API ... Cause if hikvision stops with the cloud/app , then game over...

And the possibilities to integrate into other apps

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, will send you models later that I am interested in... Allthough still not sure , still deciding between doorbird too... Because of the open API ... Cause if hikvision stops with the cloud/app , then game over...

And the possibilities to integrate into other apps
I cant confirm it but with the last update if you take the onvif you take the ISAPI and then you can use the isapi url.

Edit: I also use as demo a Hikvision NVR and use the motion Dedection from the Hikvision KD8003 to trigger a led to ON.
Motion KD8003 -> Hikvision NVR -> HA ( With this you can trigger a relay or everything you want).

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, but I want todo more then onvif support, want to use my own app for incoming call, .. also for the relays for the door ... Don't want to be dependent on hikvision app

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, but I want todo more then onvif support, want to use my own app for incoming call, .. also for the relays for the door ... Don't want to be dependent on hikvision app
incoming call is the only that i cant take from the NVR.

Scrabble

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to get the DS-KD8003-IMEI to communicate with the indoor DS-KH6320 again. I think the trick was to set the SIP server to 0.0.0.0? Not sure if it's stable though...
Now I noticed after the doorbell firmware upgrade, my Hikvision NVR kept crashing. I had to remove the camera from the NVR for it to stop rebooting (after the video feed loads for a few seconds). As soon as I add the doorbell camera again, the NVR freezes after a few seconds and starts rebooting.

Anyone seen this before? I think it has something to do with protocols/encoding, but changing the resolution/bitrate settings of the doorbell video doesn't seem to work.

I'm really regretting upgrading to the latest firmware.
I see there's a new firmware "v2.2.3_201202 fix password issue", but the DS-KD8003-IMEI refuses to install this update/bugfix.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's the most important :)
You have another options that are hide.At tha back off the display there are 8 inputs and 2 outputs.With input you triger the display to work as alarm or as a doorbel .with the 2 outpout relays you can trigger another wifi device and then you have your (own api).also with 1 of the 8 inputs you can trigger the other relay to do somethig else.So if you want you have a solution.

Attachments

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have another options that are hide.At tha back off the display there are 8 inputs and 2 outputs.With input you triger the display to work as alarm or as a doorbel .with the 2 outpout relays you can trigger another wifi device and then you have your (own api).also with 1 of the 8 inputs you can trigger the other relay to do somethig else.So if you want you have a solution.
yeah, i can maybe trigger an api, i could maybe get an incoming rin notification
but still , i dont hear or cant speak with someone at the door, without the hikvision ap

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah, i can maybe trigger an api, i could maybe get an incoming rin notification
Ok you dont have this option.And as you say ther is no open api.But if i go to make for some one an offer with doorbirt and an offer with hikvision it is sure that take hikvision.the other is you dont have a 2 wire option .But i think we must stop the vs talk becaus is a kd8003 thread.

I managed to get the DS-KD8003-IMEI to communicate with the indoor DS-KH6320 again. I think the trick was to set the SIP server to 0.0.0.0? Not sure if it's stable though...
Now I noticed after the doorbell firmware upgrade, my Hikvision NVR kept crashing. I had to remove the camera from the NVR for it to stop rebooting (after the video feed loads for a few seconds). As soon as I add the doorbell camera again, the NVR freezes after a few seconds and starts rebooting.

Anyone seen this before? I think it has something to do with protocols/encoding, but changing the resolution/bitrate settings of the doorbell video doesn't seem to work.

I'm really regretting upgrading to the latest firmware.
I see there's a new firmware "v2.2.3_201202 fix password issue", but the DS-KD8003-IMEI refuses to install this update/bugfix.
Have you make a new setup to nrv after the upgrade?

Scrabble

n3wb
Reaction score
Reset of the NVR did not help.
I now set the steaming protocol to UDP and it seems to work! Setting to TCP freezes the NVR again.