Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

allpro

n3wb
Reaction score
@allapro: No, i haven't connected a doorbell.
unfortunately there is no clear scheme to manage this open collector output, on 2 monitors the same problem, I think it is a manufacturing problem, as even a new firmware I do not think can solve ..

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, also looking for a doorbell, 2 options are the kd8003 with keypad and rfid OR the much expensive doorbird
anyway, some questions:

• Can we use the hikvision app to open the door? without a call?
  • i want to use POE, on doorbird , on 4 wires are used to power the outdoor, so 4 wires are left over, for the relays, is this also possible with this KD8003 system? are 4 wires enough for POE to work?
  • On the doorbird indoor system, you can create custom tiles to make rest calls, for example to turn on light and other smart home stuff, is this indoor station also configuable too and extra buttons to make https calls for example?
  • can the indoor device also be used for relays? so i can connect the door to the inside device? offcourse i want to open the door with the keypad on outside ... but its more tamper proof that way
EDIT:
are those new models?
and
seems they have an OPEN platform to integrate ? anyone tested them ?

also whats difference between, i only see the WTE1 in description added, specs are the same it seems?
and
thnx!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it possible to disable the backlight on the nametag/button - currently its off during the day and comes on a night - id like it permanently off. I use IVMS on MAC and cannot see the options for it. Have updated to V2.2.3_200805 but cannot get it working in any browser - anyone else had any luck?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
do you already have it? how cusom is it? can you make buttons on that connects to smart home devices (api/rest/https.....) ?
or can you just install an .apk ?

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do you already have it? how cusom is it? can you make buttons on that connects to smart home devices (api/rest/https.....) ?
or can you just install an .apk ?
I have not bought it for me or for any of my customers.I believe that having an Android at this device you will be able to do many things as apk or other brand smarhomes.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, but thats something i dont want

i dont have the hikvision yet, still deciding betweet Doorbird vs hikvison
With doorbird, you can just add buttons/tiles, a button that does one specific thing, like turn on/off something (based on a https/rest call)

i dont want to overkill, and install a complete app/apk on it , to just turn on a light :)

jek_la

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a single DS-KD8003-IME1/EU and managed to connect it to our Synology for 24/7 recording and also connected it succesfully to Hik-Connect Android App by use of the QR Code (from iVMS-4200).
So far so good.
When I press the door bell button i get a "calling failed". I've learned from this thread that this is because I have no Indoor Station.

Is it possible to use the door bell button of the DS-KD8003-IME1/EU as trigger for a notification and/or snapshot in the hik-connect app (without usage od an indoor station)?

If this is not possible, how can I deactivate the "calling failed" massage while still using the door bell button to ring the bell? :)

Thx a lot
Jens

Bucofski

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,

I have e hikvision doorbell ds-kd8003 ime1 and a ds-kh6320 al connected with a asterisk 16 RPI server. Everthing works well except for one thing if i press de butten it calls to asterisk then asterisk looks if somebody is home if not it plays a massage, but after 7 seconds it ends the call. the first intension was that i can enter the house with speech recognition but i cant say anything if it stops after 7seconds. somebody an ide

Bucofski

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry for the typos but is was sent to early... My question was if somebody has a work around?

Reaction score
I've recently upgraded my
DS-KD8003-IMEI to v2.2.3
DS-KH8520-WTEI to v2.1.10

They seem to have changed the layout of ivms and I've lost my call button just keeps saying call failed. I also can't find where to put in the key code for access. Any help would be appreciated.

Bucofski

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-KD8003-IMEI to v2.2.3

They seem to have changed the layout of ivms and I've lost my call button just keeps saying call failed. I also can't find where to put in the key code for access. Any help would be appreciated.
I had the same problem! You have to update a plug-in in your browser. After a couple of try’s I finally downloaded the plug-in and installed it. After that I could configure my doorbell...

gahumadag

n3wb
Reaction score
HI - I'm jumping on this train as I found the answers provided by the community here very helpful so far - maybe someone can nudge me in the right direction on this..

I'm looking for a way to trigger the output Relay (door opener) on the DS-KD8003-IME1 from a non-hikvision device / app (DS-KH8350-WTE1 works as does the Hik-Connect app).
The background: I'm recoring the door cam (and a few others) on my Synology NAS and am then displaying the images on a large tablet in the kitchen area on my home automation console (iobroker).
I would like to be able to add a feature to the GUI to open the door (as you would see someone coming up to the door).
I do think that since the device is implementing ISAPI (and pulling from it with RTSP works) that you would be able to trigger that through a http (port 80) or https (port 8000) call.

However, the connections are all refused when you try to connect to those ports.. I'm getting the feeling that this was locked down by Hikvision and is only available from iVMS, the connected Door Station and / or HikConnect... Unfortunatly, my researches did not turn up anything useful on this.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to send REST calls to the DS-KD8003? or to the indoor station as a proxy?
Hi, you got some solution for trigger the output Relay with external device?
i tried to use the isapi endpoint 'PUT /ISAPI/VideoIntercom/remoteOpenDoor' but just responds me 'invalidOperation'
even though when checking the capabilities it answered <isSupportRemoteOpenDoor>true</isSupportRemoteOpenDoor>

admiralzen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am using the KD8003 together with KH6320.
The Tamper-Alarm is just triggered locally for a very short time. There is no notification at the Indoor-Station or the Hik-Connect-App.
Hay anyone found out, how to configure this?

Thx

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I am using the KD8003 together with KH6320.
The Tamper-Alarm is just triggered locally for a very short time. There is no notification at the Indoor-Station or the Hik-Connect-App.
Hay anyone found out, how to configure this?

Thx
With the V2.0.8 it have no any choice to get an alarm to the display or to the ivms.I dont know if there is any setting at new update.

Scrabble

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-KD8003-IMEI to v2.2.3

Did you manage to fix it? I have the same issue currently, so there's currently no doorbell...
I'm getting call failed on the DS-KD8003-IMEI. From the DS-KH6320 I can access the doorbell/camera just fine.

EmKay

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you manage to fix it? I have the same issue currently, so there's currently no doorbell...
I'm getting call failed on the DS-KD8003-IMEI. From the DS-KH6320 I can access the doorbell/camera just fine.
I had the same problem. The outdoor station was working. I can see the video image on the indoor station and the hik-connect app. But when I ring the doorbell a female voice says "calling failed".
Also I couldn't change any settings on the outdoor station because it kept saying "incorrect password". I believe the mistake I made was upgrading to the wrong firmware. Hikvision makes different firmware versions for different country's. (Edit) I used the firmware from the Hikvision portal. This was my mistake.

What I did to solve the problem:
I went to the dutch (Netherlands) website of hikvision hikvision.com/nl. This is where I live.
I searched for DS-KIS702.
Scrolled all the way down. Downloaded the:
Upgraded the firmware of the DS-KH6320-WTE2 with the SADP or BATCH program from Hikvision.
Upgrading the DS-KD8003-IME2 was more difficult because of the incorrect password problem. But I found this program called TFTP. With this I could change the firmware.
With the correct firmware my old password for the DS-KD8003-IME2 was the correct password again!
I rang the doorbell (with my fingers crossed) but still I got the "calling failed" message.
I used the indoor station next. Went to the configuration menu to reset the device using the "remove all" option. After the device restarted I entered the new password. (I used the old password which worked to enter the DS-KD8003-IME2, don't know if this matters).
I used the wizard to configure the device.
Rang the doorbell again (fingers crossed) , and YES finally the indoor station was ringing again. After a whole week of struggling.
I believe that maybe the password of the indoor station needs to be the same as the outdoor station.

In the release notes of the doorbell firmware it says:
When configuring the video intercom system, the registration password of the door station
must be configured first, the registration password on the indoor station must be the same as the
door station to register successfully.

Anyway, I hope you can use this information to solve your problem.

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @EmKay , thnx for feedback, i am also interested buying this hikvision, don't have it yet...
But is there a difference then on hardware from UK? Why shouldn't it work with UK firmware? I do live in Belgium... So if it's hardware dependent i should pay attention where I want to buy? My first choice was AliExpress ... But maybe that's not a good idea then?

EmKay

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey @EmKay , thnx for feedback, i am also interested buying this hikvision, don't have it yet...
But is there a difference then on hardware from UK? Why shouldn't it work with UK firmware? I do live in Belgium... So if it's hardware dependent i should pay attention where I want to buy? My first choice was AliExpress ... But maybe that's not a good idea then?
I'm no expert. But you should be careful when upgrading the firmware. If you buy the device from aliexpress and one day you use the firmware from the Belgium or EU hikvision website you'll run into a lot of problems.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so you think the hardware is different then for each country?

Where did you bought it from?