Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @Dreamliner
this door station cant connect and use the HIK-Connect
Do you mean DS-KB8112-IM ? I'm using DS-KD8003-IME and DS-KB6003-WIP, both of them could be added to HIK-connect.
I could only confirm that my DS-KB6003-WIP is not appeared in the installation wizard of DS-KH8350-TE1, i.e. most probably your DS-KB8112-IM is also not compatible.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another question. I cannot configure Submodule DS-KD-IN since I have no menu "Submode".
It is getting 12V from main module, but looks as a died. Any idea?

Paskalou

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
About my pinkish problem.
The support contacted me this morning, and the IR filter is blocked in night vision mode... so a new camera will be sent today & normally I will received it tomorrow. ;o)
w3cam.fr support is awesome !

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First, thanks for your future tests.
I have tried with HIKVISION and ONVIF protocols as well port 8000, since port 80 is blocked on DS-KD8003-IME.
Finally I have connect camera thru RTSP protocol, picture 2 as written here: How to add IP camera via RTSP protocol?-Hikvision UK & Ireland

I.e. rtsp:/admin : password@192.168.xxx.xxx:554/ch1/main/av_stream

Recording to Synology works. I was also able to add DS-KD8003-IME to HIK-Connect (port 8000).

Pic. 1

Pic. 2

Last edited:

zun

n3wb
Reaction score
@Dreamliner Thanks for the details and write up. I purchased the DS-KD8003-IME1 and have it connected to IVMS, my Hikvision NVR and Hik-connect. The only issue I have is receiving notifications on the Hik-connect app when someone presses the doorbell. (yes, its kind of an important feature) When someone presses the doorbell, my IVMS rings and allows 2-way audio, so I believe it isn't a hardware issue. The weird thing is that the Hik-connect does get alerts from motion detection on the DS-KD8003-IME1 but never receives a notification from a doorbell ring. Any thoughts on what could be the issue? Does the DS-KD8003-IME1 require a "master indoor station" to enable the full intercom capabilities on the hik-connect app? I'm attempting to get on the line with Hikvision support in the upcoming days and will respond with what I find out. Thanks in advance

zun

n3wb
Reaction score
After speaking with Hikvision support they informed me that the DS-KD8003-IME1 requires a master station to fully connect with Hik-connect. They suggested the DS-KH8350-WTE1, which I purchased and have since received/tested. There doesn't seem to be a benefit to hooking this setup to a Hikvision NVR except storage beyond the TF card? I have now tested this setup and it works better than my previously wifi Ring setup. Still waiting on the appropriate single gang box to be shipped from China via aliexpress. They are not offering the single gang box for the DS-KD8003-IME1 in the US. Only the 2 module gang box.

Happy to answer questions related to this setup as I'm kind of committed to it at this point. i.e. Special Order - Can't return :)

Couple notes on setup:
  • There seems to be a character limit of 16 characters on the length of a password when adding additional cameras to the DS-KH8350-WTE1 for viewing. This means that I need to reset a number of my camera's passwords to get it to function with the DS-KH8350-WTE1. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense when every other Hikvision product (IVMS; NVRs; Web Browser) allows for these longer pws.
  • Motion Detection configuration of the DS-KD8003-IME1 is not available through the DS-KH8350-WTE1 interface
  • Activation of the DS-KD8003-IME1 through the DS-KH8350-WTE1 interface may cause difficulties in getting to configuration of the DS-KD8003-IME1. There is no web interface for the DS-KD8003-IME1 and the IVMS is the only way to configure it.
  • Screen Resolution of the DS-KH8350-WTE1 could be higher given the opportunity to add additional (4k) cameras to the setup and it being 2019; I had a 1.44 million pixel 7" Alpine in-dash car screen back in 2004. This screen is half that - 1024 × 600.

bccrew

n3wb
Reaction score
  • Activation of the DS-KD8003-IME1 through the DS-KH8350-WTE1 interface may cause difficulties in getting to configuration of the DS-KD8003-IME1. There is no web interface for the DS-KD8003-IME1 and the IVMS is the only way to configure it.
Can you set motion alerts from the HIK-CONNECT app?

Too bad the boxes are only available in grey color, as the module itself is black, I would expect that the boxes are available in black too.. :(

zun

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you set motion alerts from the HIK-CONNECT app?

Too bad the boxes are only available in grey color, as the module itself is black, I would expect that the boxes are available in black too.. :(
No, you cannot setup the motion alerts from the Hik-connect app from what I can tell. It doesn't give any options in relation to the DS-KD8003-IME1 camera settings.
Regarding the box exterior color, I'm going to bring it to a local car tint/wrap company as i think they would be able to help. There are a variety of vinyl wrap options that look like metal or flat plastic. I'll be looking to go with a flat black color. Just not sure if the contact area is too small and finding a knowledgeable installer is key.

zun

n3wb
Reaction score
I have DS-KH6310-WL. The thing is, it has worked. I have tried it out. Everything works. I disconnect the doorbell and I Put it on the right placewhere it should be. And it do not work anymore.
Ping OK. I see it in the SAPD software etc. but acces denied or wrong IPadress.
@Igvfer did you ever get this figured out? I have a similar issue with my DS-KD8003-IME1. I activated it via the indoor station and don't recall if it required a password to setup. Now when I attempt to add the DS-KD8003-IME1 to the IVMS or NVR, the passwords I would usually use do not work. The DS-KH8350-WTE1 configuration tab for "Device Management" fails every time I attempt to reset the DS-KD8003-IME1 from the interface.

As for reading through the owners manuals, it does not reference resetting passwords. In fact, I think someone rushed it off their plate before heading to lunch. i.e. its 1/3 complete even for Hikvision standards.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone tried running the 10in screen instead of the 7in version? Looks like it should run off the same PoE switch and I'm not sure how it differs other than in size (and price)…
Same functions, price is appx. $469

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Dreamliner. I'm not clear what the outcome of the discussion is but can I configure these cams from iVNS or the IOS app, or both?
You can connect & setup 8003 doorcam and/or any external cam directly from panel 8520. No any other application is needed.

Configuration of all HIK's devices could be done from iVMS-4200, but it is not a must.
iPhone (HIK-Connect app) usually used to view cameras remotely.

Last edited:

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last question for now… Hikvision seem to make a point that this system can only run from their own PoE switch. Is that credible? I have free channels on my Netgear switch.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Genuinely last question for now: is there any way to have a standalone monitor function without any cable? The built-in wi-fi sends video, alerts and other data to mobile phones so why not to another monitor?

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Genuinely last question for now: is there any way to have a standalone monitor function without any cable? The built-in wi-fi sends video, alerts and other data to mobile phones so why not to another monitor?
Power cables shall be provided to any monitor. Except iPad/iPhone since they have a battery.
I.e. iPad is another monitor without any cable :)
Do you want to stream door-camera to monitor of your Mac/PC ? Use iVMS-4200.
Or your mean something else?

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last question for now… Hikvision seem to make a point that this system can only run from their own PoE switch. Is that credible? I have free channels on my Netgear switch.
You can use any switch which supports IEEE802.3af standard (48V, 30W port). HIKVISION DS-3E0105P-E switch is a cheapest one (just $40 for 4+1 ports switch) and the best for the functionalities. Do not save such small money to have a professional switch with 802.3af support.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted a 10in HIK screen in one room where cabling isn't practicable. But I guess an iPad would do the job instead.