Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can use any switch which supports IEEE802.3af standard (48V, 30W port). HIKVISION DS-3E0105P-E switch is a cheapest one (just $40 for 4+1 ports switch) and the best for the functionalities. Do not save such small money to have a professional switch with 802.3af support.
Thanks again, Dreamliner. Do you carry all this stuff in your head? Maybe I could fly you to the UK to install it for me? Warmer than Moscow…

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wanted a 10in HIK screen in one room where cabling isn't practicable. But I guess an iPad would do the job instead.
10" needs appx. 15W of power. You can place 10" panel in another room powered from wall outlet via small power injector (220V -> PoE 48V). Good model from Ubiquiti cost just $8.
Data connection will be done with Wi-Fi. You can connect several panels (displays) to your doorbell camera.
U-POE-AF

Ubiquiti - PoE Adapters

Last edited:

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks again, Dreamliner. Do you carry all this stuff in your head? Maybe I could fly you to the UK to install it for me? Warmer than Moscow…
London is too cheap for Russian gentlemans, we love to pay double to compare with Piccadilly shops :)

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
10" needs appx. 15W of power. You can place 10" panel in another room powered from wall outlet via small power injector (220V -> PoE 48V). Good model from Ubiquiti cost just $8.
Data connection will be done with Wi-Fi. You can connect several panels (displays) to your doorbell camera.
U-POE-AF

Ubiquiti - PoE Adapters
Thanks for this. I have ordered one - but it costs UK£ 14 here! I know that Sterling is falling but that's extreme.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I have ordered one - but it costs UK£ 14 here! I know that Sterling is falling but that's extreme.
I don't know cheaper alternative to provide PoE 802.3af, quality is also excellent.
I am personally always using PoE injectors instead of 12V AC/DC adapters for cameras.

zun

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally installed the setup and am beyond disappointed with the call log photo capture functionality of this system. I just finished repairing the stucco around the gangbox housing and I'm debating on ripping it out, finding a new setup and starting from scratch. I have all the settings to Max resolution. See example attached. Any suggestions on why this capture is so poor/unusable. The 2mp stream is not bad and doesn't look anything like the attached.

Attachments

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally installed the setup and am beyond disappointed with the call log photo capture functionality of this system. I just finished repairing the stucco around the gangbox housing and I'm debating on ripping it out, finding a new setup and starting from scratch. I have all the settings to Max resolution. See example attached. Any suggestions on why this capture is so poor/unusable. The 2mp stream is not bad and doesn't look anything like the attached.
Well, I know nothing but that can't be right. Have you tried saving in a different image format - in the door station's Configuration>Local?

Also, your attached file seems to be in a format which isn't exported so perhaps you have converted it?

zun

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I know nothing but that can't be right. Have you tried saving in a different image format - in the door station's Configuration>Local?

Also, your attached file seems to be in a format which isn't exported so perhaps you have converted it?
There are no options for a different file format within the drop-down on Configuration>Local settings of the door station. I've accessed it through my NVR configuration and the IVMS configuration. See attached view of the configuration available within the IVMS.
The first file format I uploaded was based off a screenshot from my phone. That was the event capture that showed up in my notifications in Hikconnect. Upon review of the call log back on the indoor station, it has the same unusable resolution. As you can see from the IVMS configuration screenshot, there are limited options for the capture; JPEG and really horrendous resolution options. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. I'm going to add an SD card to the indoor station, but I don't believe that will make a difference.

Attachments

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The plot thickens. How did a 704x576 JPEG image get converted to a 2789x1440 PNG image?

zun

n3wb
Reaction score
Because it's a screenshot from my phone of the app, not the image download. My phone changed the format and sizing. (Landscape)
Hikconnect also doesn't let me download the image via the app, just displays it.
Attached is a picture (taken with cell phone) of the call log on the indoor station, eliminating Hikconnect potentially messing with the resolution. Still horrible resolution.

Attachments

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even then, your posted image is 4 times bigger than the resolution of the HIK monitor...But what I'm struggling with is how they could limit captured images to 704x576 when their screen is 50% bigger than that. I would have thought they would at least offer a screen-sized capture option. Wish I had a system here to investigate.

zun

n3wb
Reaction score
Even then, your posted image is 4 times bigger than the resolution of the HIK monitor...But what I'm struggling with is how they could limit captured images to 704x576 when their screen is 50% bigger than that. I would have thought they would at least offer a screen-sized capture option. Wish I had a system here to investigate.
Got it. Great question. Sell you mine ;)

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can save the capture image to your PC - that would be the best place to investigate.
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 20.23.03.png

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're using the slimline DS-KIS204 door station, that has a max resolution of only 720x576 so is probably overblown on every viewing device.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
iVMS may be blowing up the image in order to display it. What model is your door cam?

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm about to order my own system. Will my wi-fi enabled Hikvision screen be able to pick up feeds from my other-make wireless cams or will it only see whatever cams are plugged into its own PoE switch? (As you can tell, I'm new to this.)

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
I have recently bought the following set : KD8003 video intercom, KH8350 indoor device, a DS-KD-M and a DS-KD-KP.
The KD8003 is connected to a PoE switch, the KH8350 to a 12v power supply and the Wifi, and the KD-M and KD-KP are connected to the KD8003.
I can connect to the KD8003 and KH8350 with iVMS 4200, and when I press the button on the KD8003, it rings on the KH8350.
I have also added the KH8350 in the Hik Connect app, and it allows me to see the camera of the KD8003. When I press the button on the KD8003, the is no notification in the Hik Connect app however.
Can anyone help me out with the steps I need to take to properly setup these devices? Doesn't have to be in great detail I guess, just a description of the steps I should take, step-by-step, to set this up properly. Some help on setting up the KD-M and KD-KP would be a great bonus :)