Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

etcha

n3wb
Reaction score
dont
OK, so i finally got the my computer to show the devices on IVMS but when i try to add them they stay offline in my added devices. Anyone have a work around for this issue?
issue fixed. dont know what i did but after hours of trying to fix it. it finally connected and i restored it. thanks for the assistance

bccrew

n3wb
Reaction score
According to this diagram, the DS-KD8003-IME can be attached via a 2-wire system or via standard POE ethernet. Are these 2 different models?

The diagram also suggests that the DS-KD8003-IME can be used separately without an indoor station for use with the HIK-CONNECT app. Is that correct? It is still unclear for me.

1571668941141.png

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
According to this diagram, the DS-KD8003-IME can be attached via a 2-wire system or via standard POE ethernet. Are these 2 different models?
Yes, there are different models:

DS-KD8003-IME1 - PoE

DS-KD8003-IME2 - 2 wire

The diagram also suggests that the DS-KD8003-IME can be used separately without an indoor station for use with the HIK-CONNECT app. Is that correct? It is still unclear for me.
Yes, 8003 could be used without indoor panel. Only with the HIK-CONNECT app.
But
1. functionality is different
2. I have no idea how to make initial setup of 8003 without panel

Last edited:

shai

n3wb
Reaction score
do you guys know how to change the background on the indoor station KH8350?

shai

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm doubt that it is possible.
There are no menu for that. Telnet/SSH access for KH8350 is also closed.
such a shame for a product thats supposedly designed to be installed in corporate lifts etc..

why does hikvision always do half-backed products...ahhhh

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
such a shame for a product thats supposedly designed to be installed in corporate lifts etc..

why does hikvision always do half-backed products...ahhhh
You are right, we need this panel also with custom features.
May be they would implement in the future firmware more features, web-interface, ssh access.
Also SIP protocols shall be improved.

lemonmagic

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Problem with my kd8003 Unit.
I bought it for a sip configuration, which partly worked with our Grandstream PCB and Phones, we just couldn`t pick up the Phone, but at least the Ring to the Phone Group worked.

But the real Problem I have now is that the Unit is not accessible anymore, not able to ping it or control it through ivms-4200
So I want to do a Reset of the Device, but how is that possible? There is no Reset Button, and the Manual doesn't show an Option either.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try a soft reset?

 Click Restore Default Settings button, all default settings, excluding network parameters, will be restored.
 Click Restore All button, all default settings, including network parameters, will be restored. The device will be reset to inactivated status.

I have a Problem with my kd8003 Unit.
I bought it for a sip configuration, which partly worked with our Grandstream PCB and Phones, we just couldn`t pick up the Phone, but at least the Ring to the Phone Group worked.

But the real Problem I have now is that the Unit is not accessible anymore, not able to ping it or control it through ivms-4200
So I want to do a Reset of the Device, but how is that possible? There is no Reset Button, and the Manual doesn't show an Option either.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could you have a cable or connector fault? Presumably you have tried simply pulling the plug and rebooting it? If all else fails you may have to contact Hikvision who can do a remote reset.

lemonmagic

n3wb
Reaction score
The Device has not been installed yet, it just lays in the Server Rack and is powered through PoE.

Do you know how to contact Hikvision best? Had an equiry sent about 6 months ago, but never recieved an answer.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HIkvision Azerbaycan ?
or Hikvision Azerbaycan ?

But it's unusual for solid state devices to break down. I'm thinking there must be a more basic issue if you have previously connected to the device.

The Device has not been installed yet, it just lays in the Server Rack and is powered through PoE.

Do you know how to contact Hikvision best? Had an equiry sent about 6 months ago, but never recieved an answer.

alandster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Is there some possibility to disable IR light on the door station (DS-KD8003-IME1)?
It produces VERY crappy images while IR light is enabled.

painy

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to only buy the DS-KD8003-IM and use an android tablet that's already in place to control Home assistant instead of the hickvision tablet to view the camera?. E.g. 2 way audio via SIP + live video on the tablet on a HA card that it automatically switches when te bell is pressed?

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to only buy the DS-KD8003-IM and use an android tablet that's already in place to control Home assistant instead of the hickvision tablet to view the camera?. E.g. 2 way audio via SIP + live video on the tablet on a HA card that it automatically switches when te bell is pressed?
I assume it would be the same as this guide to setting up the 1st generation Villa system using Hik-Connect. But I think there may be some functions which can only be configured from an indoor panel.

painy

n3wb
Reaction score
I assume it would be the same as this guide to setting up the 1st generation Villa system using Hik-Connect. But I think there may be some functions which can only be configured from an indoor panel.
That's what I'm afraid off reading this topic..
Could I show HA on a hikvision panel? It would be silly to use two different tablets...

painy

n3wb
Reaction score
That would be ideal. But reading through this topic I don't know if that's possible. Can I do advanced configuration (mainly for integration with home assistant) with iVMS-4200 and setup hikvison app on android tablet/phone without needing a hikvision panel?

This doorbell 8003 is designed to work with panel(s), for instance I useDS-KH8350-TE1 - it is easy to change IP of doorbell or set DHCP there.
I can confirm that DS-KD8003-IME1 alone is not working with Hik-Connect app. A am still waiting for DS-KH8350-WTE1 to be delivered.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't answer from personal experience. The Villa PDF I linked to suggests that you can and the system diagram above at least shows a mobile device connecting directly to the door station via a POE switch; but HA may be a complication too far. Why not order the kit and bench test? If it won't work, send it back or order a panel.

That said, the diagram above is incomplete as it indicates that three panels have to be individually connected to the switch via ethernet and that isn't necessary with the 2nd generation kit which requires only the first (master) panel to be ethernet-wired.