Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's been discussed many times - even on this forum - DON"T USE that 12V DC terminal for powering electric locks. You MUST USE a uniqe power supply for the lock. Try to reed forward the manual, 'bout just 2 pages. Door Lock Wiring you should look for.

The 12VDC terminal is an INPUT if you are powering the module directly with a 12VDC adapter not by PoE.
I know the wiring and that what you say it is the right.It is INPUT...But we have testing as demo one 8003 module with this type of connection and working without problem for the last 6 months.This is only a backup extreme solution.When i make a job for me is a must the extra 12 or 24 volt power suply.Hire an electrician for extra line is better solution.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, figured that out too.. and seems we can use just 2 pairs of the UTP for poe , so I have 2 pairs left for relay outputs

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guys, i want to connect my electric door to NO1/COM on the indoor station, instead of the main unit outdoor
how can i setup that if i unlock the door, the relay from the indoor gets triggerd instead of the one of the outdoor station?
when i click the key button, i hear the relay from outdoor main station

i see a setting called linkage on the indoor, i have enabled relay 1 , but if i unlock, i still dont hear the relay triggering from indoor panel

ztm

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, figured that out too.. and seems we can use just 2 pairs of the UTP for poe , so I have 2 pairs left for relay outputs
I don't think it will work. Though the blue/brown pairs are used for transmitting only power if they are in a 10/100M network the cable test will fail and there's a good chance that your KD8003 won't be powered. (I have met such problem in NVR / IP CAM configuration when one of the wires was not properly crimped.)
Even if you manage to make it work, on a long-run cable you'll be facing with high voltage drop and the device won't work as required. UTPs are very bad at power transmitting.
If it's a gigabit network than all four pairs are needed, since power is transmitted with data.

If you have absolutely no way of powering the electric lock from a nearby 230V outlet or any other source than give a try to a 2-wire PoE converter. I have never used such thing, so I don't have experience with them.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It works, i tried a 15 meter cable where I cut off 4 wires... It's a standard, 802.3af, mode A

Power is transmitted over 4 wires 2 for + and 2 for - , also data is is over same wires, but at 10/100 , more then enough for a doorbell

Better then using 2 wires connected to a 15 v power supply over UTP

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At the manual says support IEEE 802.3af .That is mean can work ok with 4 wires.But i dont know how logg and if can be used for live streaming (RTSP). With one KD8003 + 3 modules need 5-6Watt with live streame enabled at 720p. You can test it and say if it worked.

I wish to all have a Happy new year*****

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys are you using firmwares from UK or eu portal? Seems the folders are different..

Ok eu portal , the submodule is newer that on uk
Vs

And For main module, its the other way around, there is the main module newer on UK portal

A bit confused here, where to take firmwares from?

Vs

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can confirm, with new update we can now use 4 digits instead of 6 for key code access

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, how to read the mifare cards?
if i go to person tab , i add a card, for device i select the "outdoor station" 8003 , i press read card, i swipe, i hear sound .. but the card nr is not filled in ... how can i read cards? i dont have an external reader

Hmm, tested another badge , just swiped it and the door went open ... WTH? I did import users , and it created an extra user.. how is this possible? :)

EDIT: solved, seems that equipped card is a master card to add other cards :)

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvison APP, if the persons answers with the Hikvision app, the person at the door on th kd8003 , when he speaks , he can hear himself talking with as an echo ?
with the indoor station its fine, everything OK then

i think its because, if i answer the call on android, its activates the speaker on android, so someone speaks, it comes to loudspeaker, and the mic of the android is picking it up again ...
how can i disable the loudspeaker on android?

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. Your Like is highly appreciated :)
2. Yes, you can add additional HIKVISION cameras to 8350, not only 8003
3. No idea, other standard cameras you can record with Synology, just try it with HIK protocol. Or try RTSP port 554 as alternative. I could test for you 8003 with Synology in about a week.
I think that original NVR from HiLook NVR-104MH-C/4P PoE for appx. €55 (picture below) or HIKVISION 7604 generally cheaper and better. Especially when you need PoE and 4K or more than 2 cameras.
4. You can buy hereDS-KH6320-TE1 for apps. €150. They deliver to EU.

hey, how can you add any additionals camera to the 8003 indoor station? i have a synology surveillance, and i want to add the cameras to the indoor panel
is there a way to add rtsp cameras? i see an camera page, where i can add only hik protocol ... i tried adding there the rtsp camera with 554 , also asking me for a channel no idea what i need to enter there
any idea how to add rtsp cameras / onvif to the indoor station ? is it possible? or only other hikvision cameras?

Paskalou

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hey, how can you add any additionals camera to the 8003 indoor station? i have a synology surveillance, and i want to add the cameras to the indoor panel
is there a way to add rtsp cameras? i see an camera page, where i can add only hik protocol ... i tried adding there the rtsp camera with 554 , also asking me for a channel no idea what i need to enter there
any idea how to add rtsp cameras / onvif to the indoor station ? is it possible? or only other hikvision cameras?
I also use Surveillance station, so try this :
rtsp:/<username>:<password>@<address>:<httpport>/ch1/main/av_stream
example:
rtsp:/admin:TOTO@192.168.1.22:554/ch1/main/av_stream

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also use Surveillance station, so try this :
rtsp:/<username>:<password>@<address>:<httpport>/ch1/main/av_stream
example:
rtsp:/admin:TOTO@192.168.1.22:554/ch1/main/av_stream
Thx, but I want it the other way, i want to add my synology cameras to the 8003, so I can watch them on the indoor station...

Adding the 8003 to the synology, that's working perfectly

Paskalou

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thx, but I want it the other way, i want to add my synology cameras to the 8003, so I can watch them on the indoor station...

Adding the 8003 to the synology, that's working perfectly
decrease the resolution and use only h264. indoor tab is not compatible with h265.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah ok, but how to add the cameras to ivms, i can only use hikprotocol there to add cameras , no option to use rtsp

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey @Max001 , @Paskalou

already using latest firmwares from UK, see screenshow, i cant enter the RTSP streams coming from synology there ...
i can only use Hik Protocol, it also asks me for a channel , no idea what i need to enter there

can you post an example fo yours? how did you add a synology camera there?

Attachments

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've added dahua cams via ONVIF protocol which work perfectly with the newest uk firmware. Try using the newest ivms for windows.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can choose onvif instead of Hik Protocol there? i am already using latests windows version :)