Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, extract files and create own firmware

rudeboy-86

n3wb
Reaction score
In that case, it is necessary to be connected to uart and to see the log of loading in putty

globash

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you!
In my PC there is a COM port (rs-232). It's not the same?

Last edited by a moderator:

globash

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you!
The DVR has a SPI FLASH winbond 25Q128FVFG. As far as I understand it the firmware.
Where can I download this firmware?

rudeboy-86

n3wb
Reaction score
yes Com port it too most
in your SPI FLASH there had to be a u-boot loader. It is enough to restore the firmware
for restoration connect DVR to the computer from the established putty, at inclusion of DVR press CTRL+U, then start tftp and enter "Update" into putty

globash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
Did everything as you said.
Launched PuTTY. Put COM1, 115200, connection. When enabled, the DVR I pressed Ctrl+U and run TFTP. But that does not happen.WP_20160709_12_57_15_Pro.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say that you are using a 'classic RS232 interface' as opposed to a 'Serial TTL-level' interface.
Classic RS232 uses biploar signal levels of plus and minus 3-15v
Serial TTL uses unipolar signals of 0-3v
They are not signal compatible.
The simplest solution is a 'USB to serial TTL convertor', can be had for a few $ or £ in ebay etc in large numbers.

Oh, and by the way, PuTTY has a really good rollback buffer that can be copied to the clipboard as text, easier for you and easier for us. Click the top left corner for the menu.

globash

n3wb
Reaction score
Today I connected the DVR via usb 2.0 to com device.
On PC screen this.
What to do next?WP_20160710_12_57_41_Pro[1].jpg

globash

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a programmer for SPI FLASH chips. Please tell me where can I download firmware for SPI FLASH DS-7608N-E2/8P.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Today I connected the DVR via usb 2.0 to com device.
On PC screen this.
Definitely 'TTL serial'?
Is it connected to the serial console on the main board of the DVR, or to an external port on the DVR?
Check again your COM port settings for the USB to serial TTL converter - 115,200 N,8,1 for the main board serial console.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Today i have tried to update my 7608N e2 with fw 3.3.4 to 3.4.0. Downloaded it from Hikvision website, changed LANG to 2..
After doing the update by webui , the nvr reboots. gives around 12 peeps then reboots again.
Have tried tftp, but the nvr isnt seen. Server is 192.0.0.128 ( have done it earlier ) tftp just gives 1 line with:
tftp server ( 192.0.0.128 ) initialised.. nothing else.

I think its the same as GLOBASH

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the nvr reboots. gives around 12 peeps then reboots again.
If you had a connection to the serial console, you'd be seeing line after line something like :
"You device is illegal, you bought in CN" (sic)
where it's complaining that you have applied ML firmware to a CN device which the ML firmware does not allow.
If your tftp access is not working - your only fix will be to change the firmware using the serial console connection.
Some usefil info here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2666-UART-connection-to-recover-Hik-cameras?highlight=uart
Though I'm not sure if it has a link for the required connector.

If you haven't used the tftp updater successfully before - don't use WiFi for the PC connection, best use Win7 instead of Win10, and check the Windows firewall settings for inbound for the tftpserve.exe program (Windows firewall | Advanced Settings | Inbound rules )

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
[QUOTE]Yes. All so set up. 115200 N,8,1.[/QUOTE] @globash - did you get this working yet?
What USB to TTL serial convertor did you buy (link?)

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's certainly the type that should work OK.
I wonder what we're missing?
Your setup should be fine, it should work.
Have you tried changing the baud rate setting to see if the device has a non-standard value configured?