Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, extract files and create own firmware

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh is that what it is, ive got them already, I thought it was another set of something I was looking for. cool.

Reaction score
Hi Folks little stuck here i have 8 Model is DS-2CD4526FWD-IZ
Firmware I have is V5.3.6_151219
I tried loading on a firmware from here and now i cant see the camera at all on sad tools if i ping it i sometimes get 2 of 4 replies, if i reboot it and tftp the sea each other and can do the transfer again i get a completion but camera dosnt gome back on line. ony via tfpp do i se the camera or it sees tftp. they where in chinese and tried to change using file on here but no go
Before i try another camera is there any way to extract the original firmware so that if i loose a camera like i have now i can put the original firmware back in
So original firmware is obviously my first point of call in case i mess something up again

The next one is can this chinese laguage be changed on the firmware and camera above
I have spent all day zapping through the various threads and now eyes are boggled so if i have missed something maybe just let me know the thread and post date roughly or maybe as these are not that old they cant be hacked any more

thankyou in advance to any one that can help

Reaction score
but tried to down grade with a file from here unsure of its version as un packed says digicap.dav lol, so some how i have stopped it from working and can only see it in tftp server not SADP or via web brouser. I am sure i cant just put in firmware from another country into it as i belive the camera wont work due to the hacking of them etc so this one will only work in chinese language but the language is hackable to make it seem like english only I dont have that knowledge I will try the EU firmware on the one that know wont boot up see how it goes but i will need the original china version maybe at least the camera will work via a pc lol ... i will go chech the eu one now and get back to you thankyou so much for the quick response totally didnt expect a response so soon :)

Reaction score
originally i tried the 5.3 downgrader file, the original file on the camera is the 5.3.6 I have been to the chinese site and dont see a version on there page either for this model of camera
thx

Reaction score
So sorry about this, i see on the eu site that the version i downloaded is not actually for this camera, i should be getting the version 5.4.0 version in there are notes to say that it is impossible to down grade after that so if the camer still doesnt work then if i could ever find the chinese version i wont be able to put that on either, I can log into the other ones and translate laguage via google so that is ok but even if i turn of the date and time etc it still comes up and dosnt allow me to remove it, again not a huge issue i will see if i can get an NVR that will see these cameras as an onviv type without having a language issue thanks for your help though maybe time has come that hikvision is stopping the changing of firmware in support of international distributers so they can keep up there extorsionate prices. I remember my first one i got local supplier was AU$1345 + gst lol
Take care again thanks for trying to point me in the right direction
SD

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just a beginner that has probably wanted to be too clever. Bought a 2CD6362 fisheye camera in China. The vendor showed me it was working in English but when I came back, I made some stupid changes I cannot even remember, the firmware came back to a v4.0 version and while I see the camera in SADP, I cannot access it on the web browser. I'm sure I'm not the first one having such problems so I'd appreciate some guidelines if you can or at least a "nerd" type of procedure to apply to recover a multilanguage firmware or at worst the original.

Thanks in advance,

David

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
An easiest first step:
If you have any ability to contact the vendor, maybe on request you could get a copy of the firmware that had been installed on the camera.

Reaction score
Thanks Alastair, I certainly can. In fact, I bought 2 cameras, the other for my friend who has not changed the firmware. Any possibility to get it from his somehow ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any possibility to get it from his somehow ?
I don't believe that's a simple task.
Hikvision try quite hard to prevent access to the internals, and the as-installed arrangement is quite different from the firmware as distributed.
With the camera in the 'min-system' recovery mode (as shown by the 4.0.8 version in SADP) there would probably be no harm in trying a tftp update from this set of firmware:
HIKVISION EUROPE
That's the only place I've seen the firmware for the fisheye published.
I have a recollection though that there were some other posts recently for the same camera.

The Hikvision-specific tftp updater (not the firmware) and instructions can be found within the link on the first post here : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Reaction score
Thanks Al,

I could indeed recollect the original firmware from the Hik dowload site (It is 5.4.14 build 160427). I got the tftp.rar file but from the link. Extracted everything on a specific file of my desktop and changed the dicap.dav to the 5.4.14 just got from Hik's download.

Then I'll need to change my pc ip to the one indicated and run tftpserv.exe to finally unplu and replug the camera which should then update. Is that correct so far ?

Sorry for the burden

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct, you've got it.
One of the uncertainties is whether your camera has the same region-locking features as the other series. If you get a language mismatch error, what I don't know (not at home just now so can't check) is if hiktools can be used to change the firmware header language. And if it does, will the camera like the result.
But easy enough to try.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just a beginner that has probably wanted to be too clever. Bought a 2CD6362 fisheye camera in China. The vendor showed me it was working in English but when I came back, I made some stupid changes I cannot even remember, the firmware came back to a v4.0 version and while I see the camera in SADP, I cannot access it on the web browser. I'm sure I'm not the first one having such problems so I'd appreciate some guidelines if you can or at least a "nerd" type of procedure to apply to recover a multilanguage firmware or at worst the original.

Thanks in advance,

David
I wonder if you might have changed the http port. For some reason this always causes the camera not to start properly once this is changed, doesn't matter what model, firmware version, hacked or original.

Marc644

n3wb
Reaction score
omg omg OMG.. IT WORKED. I have to SHARE.. ipcamtalk and everyone on these BLOGS are the reason I finally got it to work. There has been so many of you I do not even remember everyone, over 6 months. I started and gave up 2 times. Then I came across someone who posted the HikVision TFTP server program. So here what the end result was.
1. Bought a DS-2CD2032F-IW ..
2. Did a firmware update with the latest on US Hikvision site.. end result.. I got an expensive Brick.
3. Searched and read blogs after blogs. Used TFTP windows, TFTP64 and on and on. Nothing worked. Could not get the DAV file to load.
4.A week ago I got brave again and stumbled on a blog where one of you awesome guys posted the TFTP tool from Hikvision which had been removed.
5.TADA, TFTP is working, I am able to push firmware. I then spent days looking for correct firmware. I tried it all. One actually worked, kind of.
6.I applied the downgrade from 3.5 firmware. Now the SADP tool sees it but the version is 4.8 and port 8000, no possibility to do anything.
7.Back to trying others and searching.
8.Stumbled on wzhick..and alastairstevenson this is different.
9. Decided to do some checking on the DAV files I am using, and looky there the downgrade DAV that is showing 4.8 and only kinda works has a language of 2.
10. So using the hiktool I changed it to 1 and ran the image update with TFTP .. OMG it worked.
11. SADP now reports Software version V5.2.5Build 141201, port 80 works it all works.

I cannot thank you all enough.. I hate it when something kicks my but. never give up .. never give up.. lol (lost my mind a few times).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent!
You do sound quite pleased ...

There is no doubt that @wzhick Hiktool has been terrifically useful - I've certainly used it loads of times, mainly on the NVR firmware, where it still works on all revisions. But the version that works on current camera firmware has been kept private.
We also have an intermediate one, not published on here, that although not fully finished, gives a wealth of useful info and facilities for manipulating the camera firmware.
We've now got a newcomer on the block with the @montecrypto Hikpack tool, that does quite a lot for all current revisions of R0 and R6 camera firmware.
I wonder if he's basking in any sun in San Francisco?

momez

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to request for this, but it is on the topic of Firmware so I thought I would.

Does anyone have the firmware for this camera. Multi-Language firmware please. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Model: DS-2CD3345-I
Firmware Version V5.3.3 build 150803
Encoding Version V7.1 build 150801

Also is there anything I should do before I upgrade just incase something happens?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a China market camera - if you have English menus it may be running 'hacked to English' firmware, in which case an update to the stock firmware would make it revert to its native Chinese menus.
When you bought it - did the product description say it was upgradeable, or was there a warning not to upgrade?
Also - if connected to a Hikvision NVR - 'language mismatch' would be the likely result also.
The stock firmware is in section 12 here : 海康威视是以视频为核心的物联网解决方案和数据运营服务提供商,面向全球提供安防、可视化管理与大数据服务。