Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, extract files and create own firmware

Huthaifa

n3wb
Reaction score
I received my HIKVISION DS7108N-SN/P from taobao " Chinese website ".

The problem is the web interface come with English language fine, but TV interface come only with Chinese !

Any ideas, how to put English language on TV interface?

My NVR information:

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I received my HIKVISION DS7108N-SN/P from taobao " Chinese website ".

The problem is the web interface come with English language fine, but TV interface come only with Chinese !

Any ideas, how to put English language on TV interface?

My NVR information:

Use the firmware in my signature below, you should be able to use the web gui to update as your on the same firmware, if not you'll have to tftp it on.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep that's the one.

And welcome to the forum, don't just pop in for fix,
Take your time and have a read, you will need it with your NVR and camera's :rolleyes:

ciberneo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a question, it´s possible a modify firmware for cut notification event before switch day/night and night/day for no receiving the event???
I pay for this!!

Huthaifa

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep that's the one.

And welcome to the forum, don't just pop in for fix,
Take your time and have a read, you will need it with your NVR and camera's :rolleyes:
Thanks a lot, it works fine with me but the cameras not working " Language Mismatch ".

I tried to follow the steps on that text file but don't work with me or maybe I don't understand them well, if you can explain it more so I will follow it again

1- 1. Set the IP of computer as 192.0.0.128 || Should the PC and my NVR linked together or via the internet then I change my PC's IP from network connections?
4. Power off and power on the Camera. The device will search the new firmware and upgrade it automatically. || There is no on-off power on the camera only internet port and another port for sound, also where I can see the device searching from that tools or TV interface?

If you can recording a video and explain it step by step that will be more easier for me to understand.

My cameras model are : DS-2CD3T20-I3 (B) || DS-2CD3120F-I (B)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like your using the wrong firmware, but after the update you have to close tftp program before the reboot.

Huthaifa

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like your using the wrong firmware, but after the update you have to close tftp program before the reboot.
I think I solved that problem , now it shows for me that the camera is offline and in TV interface the status said the user is locked!

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, then your stuck I'm afraid, as this is a cramfs camera so the downgrader does not work on it.
But you can still add it as onvif camera.
Go into the camera setup and change plug and play to manual, then protocol from Hikvision to ONVIF then you will get the video feed.

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've written some Python to extract the files from the DAV files, which works on v5.05 firmware:

http://pastebin.com/AX88jsCG
It is easy to do the work that has already been done.
Try the new version of firmware or anything else inside. Hehe. :D

bit-twiddler has already blown away.
Well, yes, but without the original tool being open, even that isn't possible for a number of people. The header of the files I have differ slightly to the original Hikvision ones, so the original tool was no use.
I think you are being clever. Without using the original, you might not know the purpose of the header fields.

However, it does not matter. Hiktools over - now he needs eXtra instruments.
You can show yourself. But it will be much harder. And I will not give you the original tool. ))
That's a bit condescending don't you think? It's your decision to not share the source for your original tool, but there's no reason to put down someone else work when there is value to it - that is, at least its open and others can learn from it.

Huthaifa

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, then your stuck I'm afraid, as this is a cramfs camera so the downgrader does not work on it.
But you can still add it as onvif camera.
Go into the camera setup and change plug and play to manual, then protocol from Hikvision to ONVIF then you will get the video feed.
I tried that, by changing to ONVIF nothing working! but I tried to change it as a custom numbers and 2 cams working with me the others doesn't want to work I wait them more than 10 minutes.

Another thing I found is the cameras are working also with internal internet connecting, I mean from NVR to cameras without connecting the NVR with modem!

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's a bit condescending don't you think? It's your decision to not share the source for your original tool, but there's no reason to put down someone else work when there is value to it - that is, at least its open and others can learn from it.
The tool is free, and it works well. Source code is not necessary for its operation.
What do you personally do not have enough?

Maybe you do not correctly interpret me.
I am not objecting to the fact that someone is doing something ... but the source code useless.

New protective mechanisms uses a different algorithm - and this knowledge will be more useful to you than the source.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried that, by changing to ONVIF nothing working! but I tried to change it as a custom numbers and 2 cams working with me the others doesn't want to work I wait them more than 10 minutes.

Another thing I found is the cameras are working also with internal internet connecting, I mean from NVR to cameras without connecting the NVR with modem!
Use this firmware is doesn't care about the camera's region

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31r2kxv89q2ddgr/AAD4BFjBa__ZHRtwAFcnz7CJa?dl=0

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
without @wzhick ''s work I could not have got things to work, now take a look at the sticky section and see how many people have been helped if you add all mine ane his together, it's all because of him and Hiktools.
Now Hiktools has had it life, we all wait until a new tools comes along, if you want to learn about Hiktools go back over his posts,
Yes you could decompile, but all the information is there in his posts.

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The tool is free, and it works well. Source code is not necessary for its operation.
What do you personally do not have enough?

Maybe you do not correctly interpret me.
I am not objecting to the fact that someone is doing something ... but the source code useless.

New protective mechanisms uses a different algorithm - and this knowledge will be more useful to you than the source.
without @wzhick ''s work I could not have got things to work, now take a look at the sticky section and see how many people have been helped if you add all mine ane his together, it's all because of him and Hiktools.
Now Hiktools has had it life, we all wait until a new tools comes along, if you want to learn about Hiktools go back over his posts,
Yes you could decompile, but all the information is there in his posts.
I have no issue with the tool and I appreciate that you released the tool for free for everyone to use. My previous comment is not about your work at all.

I apologize if I may have interpreted you incorrectly, but all I'm saying is that it should be welcomed for others to put effort into developing tools for everyone else in the community - especially if they're willing share their source code. Again, I have nothing against you for not sharing (that's your own prerogative), but things that like should be welcomed, and your previous comments do not seem very welcoming.

Yes, from your perspective (and many others) it would be better if the effort was put towards the newer and yet unsolved problems. Yes, most of the information required to build your tool is already out there. But having examples and actual code to work with (rather than starting from scratch), is in my opinion - way better.

Anyone that wants to take a crack at the newer protection algorithms IS going to first take a look at the previous algorithms and first learn from that. From that perspective, the work posted by cybergibbons is another resource that I'm sure will be invaluable.