Hikvision Foggy as ***

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a new Hikvision security camera set.
The set contained the following:
1xDS-7604NI-SE/P
1xDS-2CD2132
After a while I purchased a second DS-2CD2132.
All is great. Playback and recording works like a charm. During the day the picture looks amazing.
However, during the night the picture looks terrible.
I do not know the cause. I already received a new transparant dome cover but this also doesn't work.
My camera's both face a separate direction. I tried cleaning the lenses and the covers but it doesn't help.
see attached pictures for my problem. I fist thought it could be a lamp wich is on during the night. But that doesn't matter.
IMG_7803.PNGIMG_7801.PNG

IMG_7804.PNGIMG_7799.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your issue is IR reflection. Please post a photo of how these cameras are mounted.
The bottom camera also looks like it has alot of noise, make sure the noise reduction is set to 100 and that WDR is turned off or set to no more than 10.

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Will post a pic of mount points later this day. I cannot find the settings you mentioned in my interface. My cames are managed by the DS-7604 appliance

2014-09-30_15-23-01.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Point the cams down a bit and see if it helps. This is a common issue with domes. Also are you certain that you cleaned the domes inside and out? Also make sure the rubber around the lens is securely against the dome.
For WDR settings you need to log into the camera directly. I think there is new firmware for the NVR that allows virtual login to the camera, or there is a way to login by hooking your pc to the NVR, there is a thread about how to do that..i think by shockwave...i will post it if i can find it later...

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok will do, will update firmware first. I am running V2.3.7 build 131112. I downloaded 2.3.9 a moment ago.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
aim the cameras down a tad and clean the inside of the dome again, the IR is bouncing off the internals and right back into the lens.. firmware wont help that issue at all.

I am not sure what 3 *** mean in the title, but were all grown ups here... cursing is okay :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It could also be the nearby structure causing the reflection. It is usually pretty easy to determine if the problem is internal or external to the camera if you go out there at night and unmount the cam and point it around.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To prove it is the clear dome is pretty easy, let the dome hang off for an evening and see what the video looks like then without the cover, I bet it is just fine. I'd make sure it's not a rainy evening though....

I agree with the others, that's IR refleciton in a dome and it happens to both IP and analogs. I gave up on domes unless they are the turret stlye if I need IR. If no IR is needed then domes are fine, otherwise turret style or bullet is the only way to go for me anyway.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And even if it is not apparent during the daytime and you've thoroughly wiped the inside and outside of the bubble, when you finish up installing the dome, you can still get some foggy effect. I went through that with one of mine. Fine in the daytime. Fine with the dome off after dark. ... some excessive wiping inside with a soft glass cloth solved it.

One thing I did notice on a couple other domes later, as that there was small ring of "residue" or imprint left on the inside of the bubble where the foam ring was touching the bubble from the factory. So when you mount your base, aim the camera, give the bubble a quick wipe against dust, you're not getting that imprint. And since your camera is aimed differently than factory you will likely see it effect IR view ... unless you have the bubble rotated 180 from lens direction.

It helped me with other domes to thoroughly wipe the inside of the bubble while on the ground, against this residue. Probably something I missed first time around on my first dome, after I was fighting with the incorrect / impractical drilling template.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i just installed screen protectors on all a handfull of mobile devices, you can have unseen dust particles land on the surface the moment you pull the cloth away... outside with wind, be very diligent in keeping the lens and the dome as contaminate free as humanly possible...

clean it really well inside under a spotlight so you can see anything that needs extra elbow grease and then take it out and give it one good last wipe through right before you put everything back together.. In poor lighting you'll never see any of it.

treat the damn thing like it has ebloa or something (wash your hands, pull back hair, mebe even some gloves), it cant be too clean thats forsure :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I installed the most recent firmware. After this I cleaned the domes inside and out. I firmly pressed the foam against the dome. It made the picture much clearer. I have to clean the first cam again.

IMG_7872.PNGIMG_7873.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The left picture does not seem to have the fog anymore, but the image needs to be cleaned up. You need to log into the camera directly and set the noise reduction to 100 percent. Make sure WDR is either off or set to below 10.

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi fenderman,

I already have these settings enabled (white spots are raindrops :) )
2014-10-07_20-03-22.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you might try autoiris/autoexposure now that its not fogging up, could help clean it up in the dark.

Reaction score

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the "foam ring" come with the dome?? I don't remember seeing it in the box or around the lens......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Hikvisions come with the foam ring already installed. Did you buy the camera used?