Hikvision hires 6th grader to write blog...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! That's an amazing rant for a large organisation to put on their public website in such a high-profile way.
They are clearly feeling pricked by the articles.
An Internet search for negative and inaccurate reports about Hikvision will yield one source: the online scribe’s “articles.”
It looks like ipcamtalk needs to up their SEO activities.
Though, to be fair, the negative comments in ipcamtalk are mostly about their detested region-locking tactics, and black-and-white technical support.

I just had an excellent response from Hikvision technical support in the UK.
I'd bought a used 7604NI-E1/4P/A NVR cheap from eBay, so I can experiment with the firmware without disruption. It was apparently an Amazon customer return, according to the eBay seller.
It turned out it had a failed Seagate OEM Barracuda ES.2 HDD with a 5 year warranty still valid. I emailed the Hikvision 'Authorised Distributor' that Hikvision EU identified for me. They passed me on to Hikvision UK Technical Support, who immediately replaced the HDD with a proper Seagate Skyhawk HDD without requiring return of the failed drive or evidence of the failure.
I was well chuffed!

techsaurus

n3wb
Reaction score
IPVM has 180K alleged "site hits per month" plus 10K alleged "subscribers" and they hired a few dozen 6th grade educated dudes to trash Hikvision. Unbelievable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
IPVM has 180K alleged "site hits per month" plus 10K alleged "subscribers" and they hired a few dozen 6th grade educated dudes to trash Hikvision. Unbelievable.
Actually the articles on IPVM are very well written and make complete sense. Hikvision is simply pissed off that someone is taking them to task so they hire some incompetent fool to write a hit piece...if hikvision had any interest in securing their devices they would not act the way they have been...
the real question is who do YOU work for....

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the fact that Hikvision is responding this way is great. They are obviously hurting as a result of the negative press. They have to learn that its 2017 and they can no longer hide information as many have in the past. I would bet that hikvision hired Cisco to help them with security as a direct result of ipvm reporting as well as the work done by montecrypto as well as others exposing vulnerabilities...

techsaurus

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually the articles on IPVM are very well written and make complete sense. Hikvision is simply pissed off that someone is taking them to task so they hire some incompetent fool to write a hit piece...if hikvision had any interest in securing their devices they would not act the way they have been...
the real question is who do YOU work for....
"Very well written"? Please! Their articles DO NOT make complete sense. For example, any issue regarding a Hikvision product is a "backdoor" or China conspiracy theory. When a non-Hikvision brand has a similar problem, it is simply a "vulnerability." There isn't a single positive post on their blog about Hikvision. Everything is negative and exaggerated. From mocking their marketing campaigns to linking any sales efforts as a desperate attempt at unloading product to recoup "losses."

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
"Very well written"? Please! They cater to a non-college educated audience. Their articles DO NOT make complete sense. For example, any issue regarding a Hikvision product is a "backdoor" or China conspiracy theory. When a non-Hikvision brand has a similar problem, it is simply a "vulnerability." There isn't a single positive post on their blog about Hikvision. Everything is negative and exaggerated. From mocking their marketing campaigns to linking any sales efforts as a desperate attempt at unloading product to recoup "losses." Even someone with only a 6th grade education, such as yourself, could see this. If you can't...we know who YOU work for ;)
Non-college educated audience? how does that have any bearing? The articles are well written. The folks I know who passed on going to college are some of the smartest. Let me tell you something, I went to a top tier university and hold a graduate degree, and if I had to do it all over again I would pass on it - I certainly would not talk down to folks who dont have a worthless piece of paper...college doesnt make you smarter and for most folks actually harms them and puts them in debt...thankfully I went for free. Complete waste of time for most.
Getting back to hikvision, ipvm made the EXACT same comments about the DAHUA vulnerability....
Finally, I was waiting for your response, so I can out you. You work for Hikvision USA out of the 18639 Railroad St, City of Industry, CA 91748 facility. Bad mistake on your part.
Your pompous attitude is EXACTLY the problem Hikvision has.

For the record, I work for no one. In fact my career is not technology related. You should know better than to come here pretending to be a regular user. You are a Hikvision SCAMMER SPAMMER. BUSTED.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To me it reads a bit like it was translated to english or written by someone for whom english is a second language. Regardless of the quality of the writing it's a pretty poor way to respond to articles about security vulnerabilities.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally, I was waiting for your response, so I can out you. You work for Hikvision USA out of the 18639 Railroad St, City of Industry, CA 91748 facility. Bad mistake on your part.
Your pompous attitude is EXACTLY the problem Hikvision has.
Takeaway of the day... Don't troll from your office PC. Log files are a wonderful resource :)
:ohsnap: