Hikvision Human detection trigger in Blue Iris

RabenFlug

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear BI experts,
I'm using BI now for some years with some Hikvision cameras and I'm very happy with it!
The latest Hikvision cameras came with a KI feature to detect Humans (or cars), for example the feature is built in the DS-2CD2326G1-I.

I would be very interested if I could use this camera internal trigger to trigger a recording in blue iris. Has anyone of you found out how I could use the trigger with the cameras?

Many regards
chris

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tested the feature yet separately to see how accurate (or not) it’s detection is?

RabenFlug

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tested the feature yet separately to see how accurate (or not) it’s detection is?
I haven't tested the function right now but I just found out how to get it interacting with BI. Maybe, some of the steps are not necessary. nevertheless I'll write all my steps down. What we need is to enable the ONVIF protocoll onb the hikvision camera.
1. Open the HikVision Camera web interface, login
2. Navigate to Network --> Advanced Settings --> Integration protocol
3. Check the [X]enable ONVIF checkbox
4. Add a user to the user list, in my case I created the same Operator "admin" user as I use to access the camera from BI
5. save the configuration
6. Navigate to Event-->Smart event
7. There are several events, for example the "area detection", define a area here and check the [X]Persons Checkbox
8. RESTART THE CAMERA
9. In BI in the Camera settings, Video-->Network/IP-->Configure check the [x]Get events with PullPointSubscriptions
10. In the Cameras "Trigger" tab, check Sources --> [X]Cameras digital input or motion alarm

After doing this, the camera events triggers BI to trigger a recording...
good luck!

shdwkeeper

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't tested the function right now but I just found out how to get it interacting with BI. Maybe, some of the steps are not necessary. nevertheless I'll write all my steps down. What we need is to enable the ONVIF protocoll onb the hikvision camera.
1. Open the HikVision Camera web interface, login
2. Navigate to Network --> Advanced Settings --> Integration protocol
3. Check the [X]enable ONVIF checkbox
4. Add a user to the user list, in my case I created the same Operator "admin" user as I use to access the camera from BI
5. save the configuration
6. Navigate to Event-->Smart event
7. There are several events, for example the "area detection", define a area here and check the [X]Persons Checkbox
8. RESTART THE CAMERA
9. In BI in the Camera settings, Video-->Network/IP-->Configure check the [x]Get events with PullPointSubscriptions
10. In the Cameras "Trigger" tab, check Sources --> [X]Cameras digital input or motion alarm

After doing this, the camera events triggers BI to trigger a recording...
good luck!
Having an issue setting this up, my cameras are set to record continuously, but would like an alert set. Do i need to change port or anything. I have a PTZ with smart tracking.

Thanks for your help.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In recent versions of Blue Iris, on the Alerts tab, you'll need to make sure the ONVIF checkbox is also checked.

xjust

n3wb
Reaction score
for me using a hikvision dvr, the onvif trigger seems to behave strange
when the onvif motion sensor is triggered i get the strips as if the cam is restarted, then the recording starts, and after the trigger ends the image is showing 70% zoomed in
any ideea why ?

xjust

n3wb
Reaction score
figured out why the image got corrupted
the substream(event) was only 720p instead of 1080p

now the recordings wont stop from onvif... maybe anybody had similar issues with hikvision

using onvif manager i only see IsMotion: true events
so the recording never stops if the "trigger untill reset" is checked"