Hikvision ip camera ds-2cd2020f-i chinese firmware

Reaction score
Reaction score
maybe you are confused or I write it wrong. I need Chinese firmware V5.4.0 build160401. I think it's were on camera before my upgrade. But I'm not sure that it will be good me.

Reaction score
How you can start camera if you said
Does anybody has 5.4.0 chinese firmware for this ip camera ds-2cd2020f-i because I upgrade it to 5.4.3 and now it doesnt work it restarts all the time!
After that you said
At SAPD tool now I can see the camera but it is all in chinese language!!
What did you do?

I tryed to use IPC_R2_EN_STD_5.4.0_160401 but putty said
error: packet's language mismatched!
error: digicap unpack error!

Reaction score
Go to this link
But it for R0 series. DS-2CD2020F-I is R2 series.
I have good news. Alastairstevenson was right - don't worry about errors. I forgot that after upgrade camera change IP address to the 192.168.1.64. When I change address on my notebook I could get connection to the camera.

Alexsim19

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
also mine is all chinese language,tonight I will try to downgrade to 5.4.0 with english firmware to see!!

Reaction score
What plan? If simply trying to use IPC_R2_EN_STD_5.4.0_160401 it's not working. Camera give yoг error "languages mismatch" If you don't have UART adapter you can't see this.

Alexsim19

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you fix yours to english language just tell me how you make it JohnnyKirchev,thank you for your replies.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No promises - as I don't know how the R2 series is tamper-protected - but maybe tonight I'll take a look at the EN firmware for this series.
I had a look at the R2 series EN firmware - and I don't have the decryption key for davinci_bak so I can't modify it to not reject a non-EN language camera.

Alexsim19

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have putting the firmware from your description R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced, and my camera is working but it is in chinese language .The firmware was 5.4.41

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have putting the firmware from your description R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced, and my camera is working but it is in chinese language .
Interesting - can you explain a little more the steps that you took, I don't fully understand.

Did you install the brickfixV2CN.dav firmware ?
Did you attempt the 'enhanced MTD hack' by modifying the file mtd6ro_orig ?
Did you go through the 3 stages as defined by the /dav/fixup.sh script ?

Alexsim19

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I only install with tftp server brickfixV2EN.dav firmware and the SADP tool recognise my camera I activated and I logged in the camera but everything in the menu is in chinese,I didn't do the other 3stages you written because when I open putty I get error so I cannot continue.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I only install with tftp server brickfixV2EN.dav firmware and the SADP tool recognise my camera
Thanks for the details.

OK - but that is R0 firmware, I would have expected it to be rejected.
And it's not complete firmware, all it does is to prepare for the 'enhanced MTD hack', it does not operate as normal firmware.
Did you rename the brickfixV2EN.dav or brickfixV2CN.dav as digicap,dav ?

SADP tool recognise my camera I activated and I logged in the camera
That does suggest that 'normal' firmware has been installed - whatever was in digicap.dav