Hikvision IP Camera not connecting to Hikvision NVR (PoE)

fuzion

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly, i have checked many threads in fact so many my head is like the matrix right now with information except i am unable to still resolve my issues.

I have the following;

1x NVR DS-7604NI-E1 (PoE)
1x DS-2CD2332-I (2.8mm) (both noted updated to 2335 models with 5.2.5 software)
1x DS-2CD2332-I (4mm)

So my issues are that SADP cannot find either cameras when searching (via my Laptop through wifi running windows 8). SADP will also not find the cameras if in the router direct as well.

If i connect and power (via 12v adapter) to either of the camera to my modem-router i can access the Cameras no issue under the factory IP address or assigned IP address if i change it. Also the NVR can find this if the camera is connected to the router/modem directly and will show a picture no problems.

The issue lays when i reconnect the camera directly to the NVR (which has PoE) it will not find it, i have also tried to have power going to it to try but still nothing is found

The IP set for the NVR is 192.168.1.10 and the cameras following ips over .11 and .12 however still unable to find them.

I have tried the recommended settings and information as posted in other threads such as using manual mode, using factory passwords/login and still the NVR cannot find anything.

I have also tried to change the PORT on the camera itself and update NVR with the same settings and reconnect the cam into the nvr, but still no live feed.

Any help or further information would be much appreciated as i am confused to what the cause could be causing this. - PS. yes first time posting, hoping some wise member will help me with my situation before i go bald! haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vtec

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fuzion,

did you know when you connect the cameras to poe they cant be the same network subnet as the main ethernet port on NVR?
You will need to set them to dhcp when you connect to them through the switch/router so that they can plug and play when you put into the poe ports. Just connect to them with laptop and set to dhcp, the camera will want to reboot so say yes and give 20 seconds. Then disconnect and plug into NVR and you should be good to go. It will assign them an IP and away you go.

fuzion

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fuzion,

did you know when you connect the cameras to poe they cant be the same network subnet as the main ethernet port on NVR?
You will need to set them to dhcp when you connect to them through the switch/router so that they can plug and play when you put into the poe ports. Just connect to them with laptop and set to dhcp, the camera will want to reboot so say yes and give 20 seconds. Then disconnect and plug into NVR and you should be good to go. It will assign them an IP and away you go.
Followed all the instructions above, full factory reset - still no luck what so ever.

As mentioned, i can login to the camera and change IP and set to DHCP as you mentioned @Vtec. However soon as i take it from the router and put it to the NVR (PoE), it comes back with either abnormal network or 'user password incorrect' (password and username set the same as nvr)

So no luck again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vtec

n3wb
Reaction score
Which firmware is in the NVR?.. I had the same issue, the 2335 has to have the latest firmware in NVR otherwise it will not work. Must be v3.3.2 or later.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cant even access the webpage ! I'm in Australia btw

On a similar note, I have five Aliexpress sourced 2335's (firmware 5.3.3) and a 7616 NI E2/8P NVR (firmware 3.3.2). The cameras are plugged into the back of NVR PoE ports.
Have a thread about my issue here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6562-quot-NO-LINK-quot-appears-on-monitor-No-Live-feed-on-Hik-NVR-cam
But I havent been able to see any video yet :(

Currently not possible for me to plug a laptop in the NVR and access the camera GUI. Have to source a lappy first !

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The Hikvision Europe site seems to be down right now.
See your other post about temporarily plugging the cable to your NVR LAN port into one of it's PoE ports instead to give your desktop access, save getting a laptop.