Hikvision IP Kit I7604N1TA VS. I7604N1TP - need help deciding

erotavlas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm going to set up security cameras around my house (outdoor) and was debating between these kits.
Both have the same NVR so I'm not concerned about that.

But I'm confused which kit to get,

One kit has the 2MP dome DS-2CD2120F-I
the other kit comes with 4MP turret DS-2CD2342WD-I

I'm not really sure which camera is better for outdoor home application. I've been reading various things which say the turret is better but I really don't like the look of it too much and feel like it will be even more visible than the dome (more white surface exposed)
My questions are as follows:

1) I read that the turret cannot lock the position of the camera like you can with the dome camera, meaning its possible something can shift its angle and you have to keep adjusting it - is this true?

2) Does dome really suffer from internal IR reflection from the dome? I never saw this in any videos I watched.

3) How do these cameras behave when there is bad weather and lots of rain? Do you need to place them somewhere that can shield them from rain?

Any advice between these kits is appreciated. Thanks

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the Cliff notes in the WIKI. The WIKI is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Search the forum and read about the problems with DOME cameras. The domes are NOT recommended.

Before you spend money, spend time and plan your system. READ and learn.

erotavlas

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for that, has some good points. Although it talks almost exclusively about Dahua cameras. I'm pretty much sticking with HikVision.

I ruled out the dome cameras and decided to get the turret form factor. I can either go with the 4MP kit or create my own kit.

I feel there are certain smaller areas where I don't need a camera like 2.8mm that has a very wide angle and can use a camera with more narrow field of view maybe a 4mm, so I can zoom in and capture more detail of the area of interest. In that case buying the cameras and NVR individually would be more practical, although potentially more expensive depending which cameras/NVR I get of course.

Reaction score
Hi Erotavlas - I have the Hikvision 2CD2342WD-I 4MP 4mm in the front of my house. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them for you.