Hikvision motion or event recording, separated!!

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a nvr 7616 that i need to set the recording to take place only on motion, im using a relay swich to change views of my monitor and don't want it to start recording when i select a cam. I only have the option to set it to either continuous or event, nothing else which will record on alarm, motion and any event. I want it to record on motion only not alarm etc.
On a different Hikvision NVR that i played around I saw I can choose which schedule to set motion or alarm or event or continuous.
I have the latest USA firmware installed so so I doubt it's firmware related.

I emailed hik tech support and their response is useless. They wrote "With a monitor and mouse connected to the NVR. go int the main menue -> recording configuration and change all the schedules from blueto yello. Then click on motion detect on the left and make sure motion detection is enabled and that there is a grid drawn across the preview screen. Do this for each camera oin motion detect."

Sounds like they do not understand what I want.
Any input will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the latest USA firmware has something different, but in general Hikvision works like this:
- when accessing the local interface with monitor and mouse you can choose between different schedule modes like: motion only, alarm, motion or alarm, motion and alarm or event. In your case you have to chose motion only (green).
- when accessing via browse (IE) you can choose the same modes as above.
- when accessing via iVMS4200 software you can choose only between continous and event modes. Event mode icludes: motion or alarm or VCA event - it corresponds to an event mode (yellow) from the above two scenarios.

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the latest USA firmware has something different, but in general Hikvision works like this:
- when accessing the local interface with monitor and mouse you can choose between different schedule modes like: motion only, alarm, motion or alarm, motion and alarm or event. In your case you have to chose motion only (green).
- when accessing via browse (IE) you can choose the same modes as above.
- when accessing via iVMS4200 software you can choose only between continous and event modes. Event mode icludes: motion or alarm or VCA event - it corresponds to an event mode (yellow) from the above two scenarios.
Thanks for the reply.
This is exactly my question why don't I have this option to select different schedule modes like: motion only, alarm, motion or alarm, motion and alarm or event. I have motion only, in yellow.
I tried local tried web tried ivmd, all have the same 2 options. Motion or continuous nothing else.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably it's a firmware issue. What is the model number and the firmware version?

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably it's a firmware issue. What is the model number and the firmware version?
DS-7716NI-SP/16 Firmware 3.4.5

I just checked on another NVR the 7608NI-E2/8P running 3.4.92 same issue, cant set recording schedule for motion only.

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Delete all select motion a green line will be dragged across your time line select all days and save
Do this on the web GUI for the nvr and camera
Go back and watch your recording there are heaps of missing parts when reviewing the recording time line
Enable 265+ and watch a 3tb hard drive last for a few mths

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
Delete all select motion a green line will be dragged across your time line select all days and save
Do this on the web GUI for the nvr and camera
Go back and watch your recording there are heaps of missing parts when reviewing the recording time line
Enable 265+ and watch a 3tb hard drive last for a few mths
I dont have the option to select motion, I only have event and its yellow.
This is what WEB GUI of nvr looks like

upload_2018-3-27_17-4-13.png

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont have the option to select motion, I only have event and its yellow.
This is what WEB GUI of nvr looks like

View attachment 28012
Well I have never seen that before as on your camera web page it should be the same have you tried resetting the device to default but keep the user information button

Reaction score
2018-04-04_174017.jpg View attachment 28283 I also have the DS-7616NI-I2 /16P v3.4.82 build 160818 and i can set it to motion in the NVR menu (see screenshot)
What i have noticed is that making changes using the NVR web gui doesn't always guarantee that the changes will happen on the NVR itself and so i use a wireless mouse on the NVR and the Hik support procedure to check and another thing is that the setting in the NVR will always overrule the camera settings.

Last edited:

keniff

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry to revive this thread but I'm having similar problems, i want to record only on motion AND if theres a line crossing. can't seem to set this up, if i set the nvr to record motion when theres a line crossing i get the notification but can't watch the snippet it sends via hik connect. if i set the nvr schedule to continuous it works but i have to trawl through 24hrs worth of recordings to find what I'm looking for on the hik connect app, can anyone help me please!!

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sorry to revive this thread but I'm having similar problems, i want to record only on motion AND if theres a line crossing. can't seem to set this up, if i set the nvr to record motion when theres a line crossing i get the notification but can't watch the snippet it sends via hik connect. if i set the nvr schedule to continuous it works but i have to trawl through 24hrs worth of recordings to find what I'm looking for on the hik connect app, can anyone help me please!!
Same here. Exactly.

keniff

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here. Exactly.
I did get it working in the end, I’ll check what I set it to when I’m next at the dvr, I have it recording on motion and alarm I think. I’d love the app to distinguish motion activated recording from the permanent recording like it does viewing direct on the dvr. That way I could leave to permanently record. One thing I did notice is the hik-connect snippets of video it sends on alerts will not play until the whole clip has finished recording whatever record mode you have it set too

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did get it working in the end, I’ll check what I set it to when I’m next at the dvr, I have it recording on motion and alarm I think. I’d love the app to distinguish motion activated recording from the permanent recording like it does viewing direct on the dvr. That way I could leave to permanently record. One thing I did notice is the hik-connect snippets of video it sends on alerts will not play until the whole clip has finished recording whatever record mode you have it set too
I just changed mine to "Motion | Alarm", which I believe is motion OR alarm. Obviously a "Motion | Event" option would be logical I would think...but no.
I also find the delay between getting an alarm on your phone, to when you can begin watching the clip frustrating. I've changed my thinking to go direct to live view, unless reviewing older clips.

keniff

n3wb
Reaction score
I just changed mine to "Motion | Alarm", which I believe is motion OR alarm. Obviously a "Motion | Event" option would be logical I would think...but no.
I also find the delay between getting an alarm on your phone, to when you can begin watching the clip frustrating. I've changed my thinking to go direct to live view, unless reviewing older clips.
I generally find the snapshot of whatever has triggered the camera is enough for me now, maybe that’s because I’ve got used to the frustrating quirks of the app

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I generally find the snapshot of whatever has triggered the camera is enough for me now, maybe that’s because I’ve got used to the frustrating quirks of the app
lol. I was that way, then I changed my NVR to one of these new 'Value plus series' ones (wanted more channels and TB's), and now it does't show the picture anymore. Just a generic picture of a bell. Wonderful

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
My issue is as in post that I do not have the option to record on event only. I have a DS-7616NI-I2/16P and a DS-7608NI-E2/8P both have the same problem. Both have latest firmware V3.4.92 build 170518.