Hikvision - Noise/Quality Problem - $50 Reward!

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which camera is it? Is it a dome?

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have removed the NVR from the network and moved it to the opposite side of the house to eliminate the possibility that it is a network/router issue. Still had the problem. Is it possible it is dirty electrical in the whole house? If so, that could be a possibility. Im not sure how to figure that out and how to correct it if that is the case. I do have a Foscam inside the house that does not have the problem. The only difference between the Foscam and these cameras is that it is 720p and it is not POE. It not being POE would shield it from dirty power I would think.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The same pixel pulsating you see in the night video is what I see during the day, I just didn't record the day video long enough for it to pulsate enough. I will record a better day video tomorrow.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The same pixel pulsating you see in the night video is what I see during the day, I just didn't record the day video long enough for it to pulsate enough. I will record a better day video tomorrow.
The pixelation is normal. The fogginess is as noted by acp is IR reflection likely from whatever is at the top right of the image.
To resolve IR reflection see the pdf in post 10 here https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1177-Hikvision-Foggy-as-***?p=10194&viewfull=1#post10194

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yup you have two separate topics here. One is the milky image, the other is the pulsating effect.

Check if what fenderman said is the cause, but also your camera seems to be mounted or aimed too close to the eaves or whatever it is mounted on.

Regarding the pulsating effect, if you set the key frames high enough, say 75 and the frame rate to 15, the pulsating should be minimized. I don't think you can completely eliminate it though.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have removed the NVR from the network and moved it to the opposite side of the house to eliminate the possibility that it is a network/router issue. Still had the problem. Is it possible it is dirty electrical in the whole house? If so, that could be a possibility. Im not sure how to figure that out and how to correct it if that is the case. I do have a Foscam inside the house that does not have the problem. The only difference between the Foscam and these cameras is that it is 720p and it is not POE. It not being POE would shield it from dirty power I would think.
Maybe you could take the NVR and a camera and set it up at a friends house or anywhere besides yours to see if that eliminates the "dirty electrical" problem.

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe you could take the NVR and a camera and set it up at a friends house or anywhere besides yours to see if that eliminates the "dirty electrical" problem.
Looking at the videos there is no interference at all. The camera was in day mode recording at night time, which will result in a bad image.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera was in night mode, not day mode.

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera was in night mode, not day mode.
apologies for the confusion, I was referring to the earlier video where horizontal lines were clearly visible and we speculated it could be interference. In Your new videos, there are no interference lines. As I said the milkiness or fog is due to IR reflections.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sometimes setting the NVR back to the default settings works so you can start fresh.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can confirm with certainty messing with these settings DNR, WDR, Iframe and smoothing, in the wrong direction can give the pulsating effect if your getting that. I reset the camera not NVR to start fresh.

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As I suggested earlier, posting screenshots of all your image and video settings will be useful.

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As the very first step I suggest reducing the gain to 80 or lower and the frame rate to 1/25 or so. Such a high gain is bound to give you issues. If the scene gets too dark at night, you need additional IR lamps.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The appearance of moving noise is normal. However in your night time video the freezing of the movement doesn't seem normal. Maybe it's just because you've been messing around with the settings. I'd recommend resetting to default and just change the bit rate to what you want.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can see the moving noise you are talking about and its completely normal. If you look at other videos of the same cameras you have, you will also see the same thing. It doesn't affect the quality of the picture imo, best to just accept that's how it is.

In your night time video it appears to freeze periodically though, perhaps because of some setting you changed. This doesn't seem normal so I'd try solve that only.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, just reset everything again and only changed the bitrate and turned night mode on. Nothing has changed. I can plug in my Foscam that costs about $80 and this does not happen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, just reset everything again and only changed the bitrate and turned night mode on. Nothing has changed. I can plug in my Foscam that costs about $80 and this does not happen. :sad:
There is nothing unusual in your video's...you need to understand that the foscam is a 720p camera and will therefore preform better in low light. My 720p 2100 series dahua perform exceptionally well at night. These are security cameras not video cameras. You will be able to capture everything you need. Otherwise move to 720p cameras or hikvision darkfighter cameras (about $600, less via ali)...

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Again, this is not a night issue, it is a day issue. Pulsating pixels that stop and go, stop and go and distort the image.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, this is not a night issue, it is a day issue. Pulsating pixels that stop and go, stop and go and distort the image.
Change the white balance to auto awb1. I dont see the problem in the video you posted. Also have you followed lowered your gain? try 50 and working up.
Take screenshots of BOTH the video tab settings and image tab settings so that we can see every setting.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still a bit doubtful because both your outdoor videos look normal to me even though you pointed out the issue. Could be that you're viewing the direct 'not compressed+stored' image with that setup? This happens on non-ip cameras. Direct image is perfect, but once compressed there is the jumping pixels/blocks from the encoding.