Hikvision NVR 7608NI-I2-8P Reboot

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just setup Hikvision NVR 7608NI-I2-8P with two cams.
Most settings are still factory default, added new administrator password
and time clock.
Noticed that the unit would shut down and reboot by itself every 20 to 30 minutes.
From the log files abnormal shut down is recorded.
firmware ver V3.4.82
Has anyone come across such a problem?

Thanks

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a HDD installed? Try to remove it to see if that's the cause.

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks dreamboat
Try different HD but still rebooted.
removed network cable and nvr stayed up for 10 hours without reboot.

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, let me save you a lot of time and hassle. Spent 6 weeks with Hikvision doing diagnostics and troubleshooting everything you can imagine.

It is down to the unit running out of memory. The latest firmware release has helped mine go from every 3 hours to 5 days now before abnormal shut downing, but they have now basically it will never be fully resolved, as the memory of the unit its being reached and is not upgradable.

I have been advised by them to return the unit for a refund and go for the 7716 model, as it has more memory.

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to say, They are however going to publish a new firmware on Monday which should prolong the unit a bit further before abnormal shutdown, they are removing some features to achieve this. I also forgot to say I have been sent a cut down version of the public release firmware with English only language, and only supporting Hikvision and ONVIF protocols, all others removed.

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Phillip. Just before a reboot noticed the unit froze which suggest a memory issue.
I have seen this before on other devices. We won't be using these units until the issue is resolved.
Will discuss directly with Hikvision today.

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just an update...

I have spent the last 62 days onto hikvision about the abnormal shutdown reboots with my DS-7608NI-I2/8P. In conclusion, theres no fix, so its been returned and refunded. They don't know what the issue is, and can not fix it.

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
Update,
NVR has now been running for 10 days without reboot. Firmware upgrade fixed it and we are using third
party cameras.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Noticed that the unit would shut down and reboot by itself every 20 to 30 minutes.
From the log files abnormal shut down is recorded.
firmware ver V3.4.82
Has anyone come across such a problem?
That variant of the firmware was hastily introduced after 3.4.80 was released, to fix up a memory allocation problem that was leading to out-of-memory random reboots for the 7608NI-Ix model only.
Maybe it was not a good enough fix.
What firmware did you update to? K51 3.4.90 ?

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've was getting this too with my 7608NI-I2-8P on V3.4.90 build 160926 and a "Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings" pretty much fixed it though I'm still getting reboots about once a day. It's definitively this firmware version, it never happened pn previous builds.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmm, on mine I am running 8 cameras. 6 are Hikvision at 4mp and 2 are Huisun 2mp. I am also running a Purple 6 TB hard disc drive and a Purple 4 TB hard disc drive. So far so good without any problems. I have been running this combination for around 6 months.

Timo

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a 3.4.90 in englisch (not in ML to save memory) to download anywhere?
I am on 3.4.80 in englisch with 7 PoE Hik cams and get several reboots a day. With 3.4.8x and 3.4.90 (all in ML) the NVR reboots every few mins.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmmm, on mine I am running 8 cameras. 6 are Hikvision at 4mp and 2 are Huisun 2mp. I am also running a Purple 6 TB hard disc drive and a Purple 4 TB hard disc drive. So far so good without any problems. I have been running this combination for around 6 months.
I have a similar configuration with 8 cameras:
  • DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR, firmware V3.4.62 Build 160503
  • DS-2CD2042WD-I (4 bullets @ 4MP)
  • DS-2CD2732F-I (4 Domes @ 3MP)
  • Western Digital Purple 4 TB HDD
  • Western Digital Purple 2 TB HDD
I installed the system in October and it has not rebooted on its own. However, the NVR did loose all cameras once, but recovered them in short order. The NVR has been stable since.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a 3.4.90 in englisch (not in ML to save memory) to download anywhere?
What model of NVR do you have?
There are different versions of firmware for the K41 (76xxNI-En) and K51 (76xxNI-In) NVRs.
If it is a 7608NI-I2, the K51 3.4.80 firmware had some memory allocation problems, and 3.4.82 was released.

Here are the 2 series of firmware, with both EN and ML:
HIKVISION EUROPE
HIKVISION EUROPE

Timo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the D-7608NI-I2 this thread is about. The 3.4.82 was on the NVR as i got it. It was ML and lets the NVR reboot several times in on hour. This happened with 3.4.90 ML also. After each FW change i've resetted the NVR to default settings, and changed nothing. Every Hik cam has been resetted to default as well.