HIKvision NVR alternative

uhdamm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi fellow ipcamtalkers.

I spent some time searching this forum on my subject - found a few leads and suggestions, but none of them seems fit for our purpose:

We set up monitoring in 25 stores over the last couple of years, using HIKvision NVR and cams in all of them, and everybody was happy until recently, where a few things made us wonder, if HIKVision is the right product for us.
Certain settings are only accessible through the local NVR GUI:
  • Disabling a cam from the VGA output view, which is used in all stores.
  • Firmware upgrade disabling PoE!! (and we had to visit half of the stores, just to enable PoE again, through the console - bummer!)
Next, we find iVMS being a pita for managing settings and recordings.
And finally our local supplier decided not to support HIKVision anymore, however, they will sell us the stuff we need of course.
....and a few other minor things....

As we are nothern Europe based (DK), I was wondering if someone else in that area have experience with other NVR brands/suppliers, that doesn't have the flaws I just mentioned, but still in the same category/pricing as HIKvision?
Come to think of it, I would like to hear from anyone who's got a better suggestion than HIKvision.

Please note, we're not looking for a PC based NVR like BlueIris (which infact runs extremely well at my own house), but an NVR installed locally in every store, which we can manage centrally - including the tricky parts mentioned above - and firmware update when needed.

We welcome any suggestion you might have :)

Cheers

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
as of the new firmware you can disable or enable the poe over internet. yes...ivms is pita. lol..if nothing wrong don't upgrade the firmware. as far as i know. dollar per performance. hikvision or dahua hard to beat.

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I built out with hikvision so I'm mostly stuck with it, but I have recently been trying out a Watchnet 4 camera system, and I have to say their software seems much cleaner and their tech support got back to me right away by email when I had a question.

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I built out with hikvision so I'm mostly stuck with it, but I have recently been trying out a Watchnet 4 camera system, and I have to say their software seems much cleaner and their tech support got back to me right away by email when I had a question.
I checked out watchnet on youtube. It seems to be a rebranded hikvision or dahua. I think dahua is the oem of these not sure

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I checked out watchnet on youtube. It seems to be a rebranded hikvision or dahua. I think dahua is the oem of these not sure
Yes, literally everything in this price bracket that isn't Hikvision is made by Dahua, The difference e is the software.