Hikvision NVR DS-7616 & iVMS Substream

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have 6 Hikvision cameras. 3 have FW V5.2.3 and 3 have V5.2.5. The NVR has V3.0.10.

Problem is: When using the iVMS app I cant choose fluent mode for the streams on all but one of the cameras. The only options available is Clear (Main Stream) and Custom (Editing the main stream.) Fluent(Substream) and Balanced are greyed out. This was not always the case, I use to be able to change it on some of the other cameras.

I have searched through settings on the camera, nvr, and iVMS Desktop APP and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated. All I want to do is recording at 1080p and stream to tablet and phone in 4CIF or VGA.

Thanks in advance!!:)

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I found a solution to my problem (Sub stream unavailable) thanks to this post: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38038

Here's what I did:
1) Restore Settings from the web interface
2) Power off the camera for 30 seconds.

Then sub stream was available again. Will be testing on my other cameras to make sure.

Hi Everyone, I have 6 Hikvision cameras. 3 have FW V5.2.3 and 3 have V5.2.5. The NVR has V3.0.10.

Problem is: When using the iVMS app I cant choose fluent mode for the streams on all but one of the cameras. The only options available is Clear (Main Stream) and Custom (Editing the main stream.) Fluent(Substream) and Balanced are greyed out. This was not always the case, I use to be able to change it on some of the other cameras.

I have searched through settings on the camera, nvr, and iVMS Desktop APP and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated. All I want to do is recording at 1080p and stream to tablet and phone in 4CIF or VGA.

Thanks in advance!!:)

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a similar issue also running 3.0.10 using v5.2.5 cameras.

The first camera D01 would only have the main stream, while the other cameras apart from the first I can freely switch to Fluent or Clear.

If I access the camera directly I can switch between fluent and clear no problems.

Then all of a sudden without doing anything the first camera works in both modes now.

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mmm... maybe it rebooted and resolved itself.
I had a similar issue also running 3.0.10 using v5.2.5 cameras.

The first camera D01 would only have the main stream, while the other cameras apart from the first I can freely switch to Fluent or Clear.

If I access the camera directly I can switch between fluent and clear no problems.

Then all of a sudden without doing anything the first camera works in both modes now.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No idea what happened. As I have rebooted it before with no change. These things have a mind of their own.