Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-E2/A - Web UI Issue

pruggi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Possibly someone has had a similar experience and can shed some light on this issue:
-The other day I added a new camera to my NVR (DS-7616NI-E2/A) via the web UI Camera Management Page (I have 7 IP cams connected). After I added the camera, exited the page and came back, all the cameras disappeared from the Web UI. Any part of the web UI that has to do with cameras (camera management / video/audio configuration etc. / live view and remote playback) all show that there are no cameras. This happened suddenly and was working flawlessly for about a month.
-I thought there must be an issue with the streaming ports or something, but the strange thing is that everything works fine via the iVMS software and the mobile application - all cameras show up in Main View, Remote Playback and in the Remote Configuration via iVMS. Therefore, this is solely an issue with the Web UI. I thought it could possibly be cache, so I tried in Safari, Firefox and IE - both on Mac and PC and it fails everytime.
-Of course, I can just forget the Web UI and rely only on the iVMS software, but I would like to figure out what happened there - it happened suddenly and have no idea why.

If it helps, the web version is V4.0.1 build 150415, the Firmware version V3.3.1 build 150422, encoding version V5.0 build 150415 and Plugin version V3.0.5.38

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds like a firmware bug - or a problem with the updated webcomponents that presumably you loaded from the new NVR.
all the cameras disappeared from the Web UI
Was it just the thumbnails that vanished, leaving the camera list OK on the left?
As an experiment, it may be worth downloading an older or newer version of the webcomponents plugin. Your isn't quite the newest.
For Win64 an older one is here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/02 Web Components/

pruggi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
I tried installing different webcomponent plugins, and unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.
Everything related to the cameras has disappeared, including the camera list to the left. It now just looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 15.06.23.png

Again, it is restricted just to the Web UI, as everything appears normally in iVMS, and the ports are all properly opened.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That is weird - not showing any cameras in Live View or Playback yet working OK in iVMS.
Have you tried removing the camera you added? Or maybe making a small change in camera management so it re-saves the configuration?

pruggi

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, actually in the Web UI, on the Camera Management page, the buttons appear on top, but there are no cameras listed below it. I thought I would try adding a new camera from that page, which might reset it - but upon clicking save, nothing happens - the add camera box never goes away.

Ah! While I was writing this I just tried removing and re-adding the last camera added, plus the one before that (so 2 cameras) via iVMS - now all the cameras have returned in the Web UI! Oh, that was weird... thanks for the tip to try removing/adding, it seems to have worked when done through iVMS, and maybe it was related to the camera added prior to the last. Still not sure what happened, but happy it seems to be fixed!
Thanks again:)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Most odd. Sounds like a configuration corruption of some sort. But good that it's fixed.
It may be best to export / save a copy of the NVR device configuration in a safe place now that it's in the state you want it.