Hikvision NVR firmware backup

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,
I have a 7608 Hikvision NVR that appears to be rebranded (Kepler for those who's interested). I have already successfully updated the Hikvision cameras as they were genuine ones. However never done the NVR for fear of bricking it. It's an English International version which I got from a Australian stockist.
Question is how do I go about backing up the firmware on the actual NVR? A lot of instructions seems to state to download the older firmware from the Hikvision website but I'm concerned that they may not work should it be bricked. I would like to be able to roll back to the original firmware if possible. Can someone supply me the instructions or point me a link that would let me backup the NVR firmware before proceeding with the update? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Simple answer is you can't, I would look for the original firmware 1st and grab the tftp tool, you will get the info on the sticker on the side of the NVR.

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that's a shame. So has anyone had a Kepler NVR that is essentially a Hikvision rebranded and have successfully updated the NVR firmware? I can confirm via serial number it is not the Chinese version.

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the NVR firmware old enough that it provides telnet access?
Unfortunately not. Am using firmware V3.4.82 build 160810. Serial no is KEPLER-7608 / 8P0820160926AARRxxxxxxxxxWCVU so it's region RR

Just spoke to the local distributor to ask for a copy of the firmware and his reply was they don't have a copy as it is done in the factory from Hikvision. :-(