hikvision nvr issues

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i had a 7600 series nvr. It lasted 2 weeks before going pop so they sent me a new one. Now I have an issue in that I cant add my cameras. The hikvision turrets dont have a reset switch and I cant remember the bloody password on them! How can I access them again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i had a 7600 series nvr. It lasted 2 weeks before going pop so they sent me a new one. Now I have an issue in that I cant add my cameras. The hikvision turrets dont have a reset switch and I cant remember the bloody password on them! How can I access them again.
That's an issue with the cameras not the NVR.... there are several tgradst discussing how to reset them.

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
^ I dont know. I had them new in March 2018. Ive never upgraded them. How can I get in to them? I have access to a POE switch if that helps as accessing via the NVR seems restricted.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How can I get in to them?
SADP will list the firmware, without requiring any logon credentials : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
I suggest the 3.0.0.10 version.
All you need to do is power up the cameras, and have the PC on the same LAN, it does not need to have an IP address in the same range as the cameras.
If the cameras are connected to the NVR POE ports - you just need to plug the PC into an unused POE port to find the cameras.

What model are the cameras?
If the firmware is older than 5.4.41 then for most cameras the passwords can either be reset or even retrieved by using the 'Hikvision backdoor' - check out @bp2008 updated tool here : Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Depending on the NVR firmware, and it's configuration settings, the NVR may have applied its own password if the cameras were added in 'Plug&Play' mode.

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They are
Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I. The cameras are on 192.168.254.xxx. My router is on 192.168.0.1 shall i connect them to the POE via my PC and use SADP and it should find them? Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the cameras are connected to the NVR POE ports - you just need to plug the PC into an unused POE port to find the cameras.
In SADP you are looking for the firmware version, in the (probably optimistic) hope that they are running old enough firmware that the backdoor exists and the passwords can be extracted.

Depending on the NVR firmware, and it's configuration settings, the NVR may have applied its own password if the cameras were added in 'Plug&Play' mode.
Presumably you have already tried the old NVR password to access the cameras?

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You could stick the pc into dhcp mode and then just put it into one of the poe ports, that way you can talk to the cameras direct

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
into the POE port of the NVR or into POE Switch? thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Either would do - easy to just leave as-is and hook up the PC.
Then you can find out if they are running vulnerable firmware which would allow the password to be extracted or reset.
Presumably you have already tried the old NVR password to access the cameras?

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
^ Yes i think they were added in plug and play. Il try the NVR password just in case. Thank you.