HikVision NVR - Mouse Cursor missing

AJR3773

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody got any idea how I get the cursor back on the mouse. Can’t get off this page at all or access any other menu on screen.
Tried another mouse, tried a reboot of NVR etc.... and nothing.

Got the Hikvision connect app running on my iPad and I’ve also got the IVMS-4200 application running on a MAC.
23B011FE-B933-4F44-9EEB-BE02EDD280E1.jpeg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the NVR have 2 USB ports like most?

If so, try the mouse in the other port, then possibly a re-boot.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried launching the NVR's webGUI with a browser using the NVR's LAN IP ?

Is the mouse's optical LED illuminating?

Maybe examining the pages of that webGUI will reveal something useful to you about the USB ports.

AJR3773

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried launching the NVR's webGUI with a browser using the NVR's LAN IP ?

Is the mouse's optical LED illuminating?

Maybe examining the pages of that webGUI will reveal something useful to you about the USB ports.
Yes the optical led is on. How do I access the NBR’s webGUI?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the optical led is on. How do I access the NBR’s webGUI?
Assuming you know or can locate the NVR's address, on a PC that is on the same LAN as the NVR, open Internet Explorer 11.
In Internet Explorer, type in the NVR's LAN IP address in the place where you'd normally type in a website address like "google.com" or the like and hit <Enter>.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have an NVR but using this search term ==>> site:ipcamtalk.com Hikvision NVR no mouse cursor, I found several possible solutions, most involving the display type setting in the NVR (which you'd have to access via webGUI since your mouse is inoperative).

From @Benacia May 2, 2021 here:

"Had same problem our Hikvision with no mouse, but seeing cams...
My solution:
Navigate to General and set Menu Output Mode to HDMI....problem solved...!!!
Hope this helps....."

And from @Labrobot Aug. 2019 here:

"I had the same issue, lost mouse. Using the information above, I determined that it was the menu mode that was causing the problem. Mine was set to auto. I have the HDMI output run into the family room and VGA where the NVR lives. I was trying to use the mouse while monitoring the VGA monitor. When I went to check the HDMI monitor, the mouse was there. Changed the menu output to VGA and the mouse returned to the VGA monitor."

AJR3773

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Managed to get into web interface. Gone into menu output where this was set to Auto. Only other option is VGA/HDMI. Switched to this, saved, NVR auto reboots due to change and still no mouse on HDMI. Have also tried another mouse and nothing. Still no cursor.