hikvision nvr setup and ip cams

mbwdekeijzer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello

I hasve a few questions because I don't know what to do.
thirst of all my setup.

hikvision nvr ds 7608NI-E2/8P
and 4 pcs ds-2cd2332 I

when I have installed it it works nice in the dvr but a little settings to configurate.
but I cant log in to my ip cams for the configuration when it is connected to the nvr.when I disconnect it and hang the cam on my network I will be able to login with a ip,also SADP let the cam see.

when I have it on my nvr SADP let only see the nvr.
the ip is also out of range when I connect it to the nvr 192.168.254.2 etc etc so I cant login because my network is 192.168.1.2 starting. so 254 is out of range.
when I set the nic ip to 192.168.1.1 there is a conflict.

but am I true that when I connect it to the nvr I also be able to login to echt cam for the settings?,because when it is connected in the nvr software there is not much you can configurate,only brightness,contrast,heu and not ir ,white balance etc etcetc
I think I must have them connected in my current network on connected to the nvr but how.

so please can someone help me.

with kind regard martin from Holland
ps sorry for my bad english

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The way I did it so that all the ip cams were able to be seen was to connect 1 of the nvr camera inputs back to your switch or router, then all the cams will be accessible by their ip addresses as well as by the nvr and SADP.

when I set the nic ip to 192.168.1.1 there is a conflict.
Then use 192.168.1. something else. ?

mbwdekeijzer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then use 192.168.1. something else. ?[/QUOTE]

Yes my normal network.
but isn't it weird that you can't login on a normal way.on the cam and the nvr.

computer range 192.168.1.1
Nvr 192.168.1.5
Cam ip connected to nvr 192.168.254.4
I want it also in the 192.168.1 range only then I can login to the cam and the nvr accept the cam.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Some hikvision nvr's have a "virtual server" that lets you login to the camera...otherwise ss davep explained you cannot do it without either hooking the pc to the nvr (you will need to change ipv4 settings to match the NVR's range) or davep's way which sounds even easier although i never tested that method...this is because the nvr creates its own kind of network..

mbwdekeijzer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oke but is there not a problem that is a poe port.so i go with poe in my switch.
I don't know the poe colors for disconnect that 2 wires

and when I stream to my phone i don't have live screen because the quality is to good,when I set the cameras to low quality it goes ok but then on my home screen the quality is poor. But Is there an option that the outgoing quality for phones goes lower.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
use the "main stream" and "sub stream" settings in the NVR or cam image settings to configure different resolution/frame rate etc for each mode.

make sure your phone is set to sub stream, otherwise a 3MP feed will most likely bog your phone down.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oke but is there not a problem that is a poe port
There is no problem just connect it.

(Only two of the four pairs are needed for data, power is transmitted on the unused conductors of a cable)

mbwdekeijzer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
use the "main stream" and "sub stream" settings in the NVR or cam image settings to configure different resolution/frame rate etc for each mode.

make sure your phone is set to sub stream, otherwise a 3MP feed will most likely bog your phone down.
Yes I understand.
when I configure the main stream in the nvr there is on the right a setting for event stream.i can't find the sub stream on the nvr.
I think I have seen that but now I can't find that option.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The screen on the nvr that you use for main / sub stream, may look like this. The camera number and the stream are selectable from the drop down menu (click on it)... don't forget to save each time you alter a screen.

Attachments

mbwdekeijzer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The screen on the nvr that you use for main / sub stream, may look like this. The camera number and the stream are selectable from the drop down menu (click on it)... don't forget to save each time you alter a screen.

I only have the main stream (normal)and main stream (event)
i do something wrong I know but what.

maybe you can login in my computer and let me see something and help me out with teamviewer or something I hope you wil take Some time for me.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

mbwdekeijzer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in iMVS 4500, there is an icon along the bottom dock where you can select "balanced" "fluent" "clear" or "custom". click custom and make sure it is on the sub stream. you could also drop the resolution and frame rate from the same config box for smoother playback

P20 in the manual (Android):
http://oversea-download.hikvision.com//uploadfile/Soft/User Manual of iVMS-4500(Android) Mobile Client Software_V3.1_20130627.pdf
yes i ik now but it is grey out so I cant click them.
yesterday I can click them so there is a setting wrong.but I cant find it

The nvr has no substream in the settings,10 minutes ago it had
record/parameters I have only record and gaan no substraat at top of the screen.

I restore everything to factory and my sub stream is back.
But on my phone and tablet image quality is still grey

and the option menu Sub stream is gone again,when I reboot the nvr that option Goes away.

Update.
I think the software is buggy from the new nvr because I'll do nothing and the nvr says on 2 camera's sub stream is not compatible.
So I can reset them all again

update:
the substream menu is new good for a while but when I use the hikvision 4500 2 cameras are good and changes when I set them to high or low resolution but the other 2 camare are not responsing on sub stream.

andreasp

n3wb
Reaction score
yes i ik now but it is grey out so I cant click them.
yesterday I can click them so there is a setting wrong.but I cant find it

The nvr has no substream in the settings,10 minutes ago it had
record/parameters I have only record and gaan no substraat at top of the screen.

I restore everything to factory and my sub stream is back.
But on my phone and tablet image quality is still grey

and the option menu Sub stream is gone again,when I reboot the nvr that option Goes away.

Update.
I think the software is buggy from the new nvr because I'll do nothing and the nvr says on 2 camera's sub stream is not compatible.
So I can reset them all again

update:
the substream menu is new good for a while but when I use the hikvision 4500 2 cameras are good and changes when I set them to high or low resolution but the other 2 camare are not responsing on sub stream.
Any sollution for substream?
I have DS-7108NI-SN/P with 3 x DS-2CD2020F-I and i can't find substream option in nvr
Only Main stream and main stream event like you.
So , when i am trying to view via ivms4500, the speed is low due to bandwidth limitations.
I have 3.0.17 build 150804 firmware in nvr.

Reaction score
interesting i have two cameras that i cannot access substream I'm starting to think its the NVR

andreasp

n3wb
Reaction score
interesting i have two cameras that i cannot access substream I'm starting to think its the NVR
I Fixed it, with a full factory reset in all cameras.
After the factory default, the substream displayed in the nvr.
Try it

andreasp

n3wb
Reaction score
ummm how do i do that?

Login to each one of the cameras. Go to maintenance if i remember right.
It is the same page with Firmware Update options.
You will see 2 options for factory default. One that keep the ip settings and some other settings, and one full factory default.
After this, you must activate again the camera.

Reaction score
hmmmmm i did a factory reset on the system and after reconfiguring the NVA still have the same issue with the two cameras, is there a way i can default the cameras?