HikVision NVR4.0 <-> AccessController IoT linkage - Arming failed?

gp2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to link an NVR (DS-7732NI-K4 on V4) with a DS-K2602 Access Controller via IoT.
The feature of overlaying Card numbers and access events on the video footage will be extremely handy for us. But i'm hitting a wall and have been banging my head for 4 hours now.

DS-7732NI-K4 Just upgraded to V4.21.5 build 190509
DS-K2602 Access Controller on V2.05 build 190301

Chrome does NOT show the IOT Channel Settings for some reason? It's only visible in Internet Explorer.
In IE, I can see IoT Channel Settings > AC Device, and have managed to add the device, but the status is Online(Arming failed.) The model shows as just: DS-K26
  • If I press the Config gear icon, nothing happens.
  • The AC is armed and is working absolutely fine.
  • Under IoT event config, nothing appears under IoT type or Camera.
  • Password is correct
  • Channel set to 1 but tested others. Don't really know which channel it's asking for, as I cannot set a channel in the AC.
  • Protocol is set to either TCP/UDP, doesn't seem to change anything.
  • Tried reinstall firmware. several reboots.
  • Tried reset to factory defaults. This seemed to allow IOT Channel Settings to appear whilst using chrome, but simply trying to add the same DS-K2602 had exactly the same error, before and after restoring the settings config backup.
  • DS-K2602 is on the latest available firmware.
Has anybody come across this issue, or successfully linked these devices? We're really wanting the feature of Card numbers/names being printed into the video image as people enter and exit.

I would like to try a factory reset on the DS-K2602 to see if that helps, but through iVMS there is no config export option. And there is no web interface as far as I know. So I don't want to risk resetting it, as even though I have exported a personal list, I will still lose all the personal groups etc, access rules and many more settings I have customized.

Any input greatly appreciated!

Thanks