Hikvision Onvif Issue - Firmware 5.5 - DS-2CD2342WD - no Onvif?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a few hikvision cameras to run with my Geovision VMS system (adding a few more actually) - the older cameras logged right into the server with the onvif protocol.

I went to the config settings, enabled onvif, then added a user/pass. I then went into Geovision where it the camera gets added but there is no onvif stream.

Any ideas what is going on - is the onvif locked down or something?

Thanks,
Rich

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any ideas what is going on - is the onvif locked down or something?
If you've enabled it with the new service management features in advanced settings, it should be working.
You can check it using the Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net

Give ODM those credentials you created (top left of the window) and it will find any ONVIF devices automatically, and give you lots of info about it.
Check the RTSP URL at the bottomg of the Live Video page.
Check the ONVIF port (usually the same as the HTTP port, 80) in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Geo.JPG Geo.JPG Hi,

So my older Hik 2CD2342WD has a firmware of 5.3.8 and an onvif version of 2.4

The newer Hik 2CD2342WD has a firmware of 5.5 and an onvif version of 16.12

Its possible that Geovision doesnt support that high of an onvif version? -- EDIT - My DAHUA PTZ has a 16.12 onvif version & works just fine. I think I have some sort of login issue - I am not sure what else is the issue.

It is also possible that not having the anonymous onvif login is causing a problem?

I am able to add the camera into Geovision (as Onvif) but it doesnt send any stream, the data all says "null" & no video comes.

If I use the RTSP stream I can get it working but it only has the main stream & I would rather set it up as Onvif as any other of about 10 brands of cameras I am using work just fine as Onvif - just not the new Hik camera (again old one works just fine).

Any ideas on what i could try?

Top two cameras are this same model but with an older firmware. They do work on Onvif but this new firmware doesnt seem to work for me.

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not only is it disabled but you have to create a user account to login to ONVIF

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
and to be clear, you need to create an ONVIF user account in the network/advanced-settings/integration page, NOT the System/user_management page.

So very intuitive...