Hikvision IPC Firmware 5.5.0 - released 24 Sept 2017

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
After upgrading a DS-2CD2185FWD-IS and DS-2CD2542FWD-IS line crossing detection no longer sends email.

I've also had one lockup over the last few days.
I just noticed this you are right, while entering the email settings on a reseted cam with 5.5.0 as i press save I get a "device error" popup message the camera is unable to save the settings.
So its not just the push alarms, it's like having bricked cameras since all the basic security functions don't work.

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm still running V5.0.5 on my Hik Bullets
Model: DS-2CD2032-I
I assume I would benifit from upgrading? I have 7 of these cams.
You are joking right ? Haven't you read anything in this forum?
Don't go further then 5.4.5 if you must upgrade.
I destroyed 3 cams thanks to Hikvision's crap firmware, not to mention they're non existent support.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You replied as I was deleting it.
No, I hadn't since I just started reading the forum and it didn't take long for me to figure out to just leave what works alone, thus causing me to delete the post. But thanks.

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
You replied as I was deleting it.
No, I hadn't since I just started reading the forum and it didn't take long for me to figure out to just leave what works alone, thus causing me to delete the post. But thanks.
Yes that would be wise, i wish i thought of that before upgrading.

Last edited:

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes i agree, Only update if your after new features or a specific bug fix you wanted fix. exploits don't matter too much if your on LAN, WAN is where its risky.

Jeroen68

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a EP-2742FWD-IZS I bought from Switech which is a CD-2742FWD-IZS hikvision OEM camera.

I've used the IPC_R6_ML_STD_5.5.0_170725.zip to upload the 5.5.0 firmware off the official Hikvision support site to upgrade from my version 5.4.0.

It did upload the file to the cam up till 100% but then it got stuck in "rebooting". Now it doesn't come back online in the network and I cannot see it with SADPTool either. I also so not see network activity anylonger on the switch(hub).

This looks serious. I cannot physically reach the cam as it is installed high and dry, so presssing the only button or remove the SD card has to wait some more weeks. Power off/on does not bring back the cam either.

Anybody with ideas about this?

Edlee

n3wb
Reaction score
IPC_R6_ML_STD_5.5.0_170725.zip when i used the hiktools to read the language version it shows something i have never seen before it says:
iLanguage: 0x01E9E9BE [32106942]

even after i tried changing language, it now shows:
iLanguage: 0x01E9E901 [32106753] EN/ML

I am afraid to use this file and brick the USA camera I have, usually language should be:
iLanguage: 0x00000001 [1] EN/ML

UPDATE:
i might have to take it back, they must have changed something in recent years with R6 line, it no longer shows 0x00000001 [1] EN/ML, cause i also downloaded IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.0_170725.zip, and it has the same file as the IPC_R6_ML_STD_5.5.0_170725.zip

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
IPC_R6_ML_STD_5.5.0_170725.zip when i used the hiktools to read the language version it shows something i have never seen before it says:
iLanguage: 0x01E9E9BE [32106942]
The firmware header wrapper and payload format has changed in that firmware revision - no longer supported by hiktools.

Edlee

n3wb
Reaction score
I recommend everyone to avoid V5.5.0, there is noticeable blurring , i updated a few of my DS-2CD2342WD-I, and they look terrible, i am not talking about 5% less quality, its obviously something is going on

Edlee

n3wb
Reaction score
mostly the issue is with H.265 + being enabled, i noticed when i disabled the plus, its back to being clear

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whats the g1 and r6 mean? Im not updating unless theres a vulnerability or cool feature but curious.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These are Hikvision's names for the various camera series.
For example : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
And check out the model number cross-reference at the bottom.

No shortage of those!
While true there are no shortages, My setup is never across WAN but if there is a serious WLAN id update ASAP. Its a risk im willing to take. Also thank you for that link. My cams are G1 it appears from that portal link. i use DS-2CD2T85FWD-I8 which comes under 2XX5 on the firmware section also. glad your part of this forum your very helpful!

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
These are Hikvision's names for the various camera series.
For example : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
And check out the model number cross-reference at the bottom.

No shortage of those!
will try the new firm ware( sarcasm) looking at the notes seems hik techs have been reading some posts lol and still getting it wrong

Last edited:

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot believe how useless this company is, it's been almost a month and many of my cams are not working due to their crap firmware, they have not released any new firmware and they do not provide a tool to roll back firmware.
Their support is non existent, they don't even recognize the problem.
I wonder if any other chinese cam makers like dahua for example are any better in terms of hardware, firmware and support.
Or maybe I should sell a kidney and start buying proper European security cameras like AXIS...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot believe how useless this company is, it's been almost a month and many of my cams are not working due to their crap firmware, they have not released any new firmware and they do not provide a tool to roll back firmware.
Depending on the model of the camera, there have been a couple of bug-fix releases for the 5.5.0 firmware.
Example :
G1 DOWNLOAD PORTAL

bcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Just in case this is useful to anyone:

Upgrading my 2042 and 2142 cams to 5.5.0 broke some functionality for me as well...
1) my custom integration with domoticz (uses nodeJS to read the alertstream and sends that to domoticz using mqqt)
2) event messages in hik connect (the "notify surveillance center" option)

I got domoticz integration back working by re-enabling hikvision-CGI and setting authentication to digest/basic
Configuration/Network/Advanced Settings/Integration Protocols/Enable Hikvision-CGI - set to digest/basic

In an attempt to fix the connection to hik connect, I also tried changing other settings back to their pre 5.5.0 (less secure) status
Configuration/Network/Advanced Settings/Integration Protocols/Enable ONVIF
Configuration/System/Security/Authentication/RTSP and WEB authentication to digest/basic
It did however not solve my messaging problem in hik connect... this is still dead in the water... but it may help others with their integration issues.

I had to reboot/disable H264+ to see the face detection event option and tweaked the video settings.
Image quality seems better then before.

Everything else seems to work.

Jeroen68

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a EP-2742FWD-IZS I bought from Switech which is a CD-2742FWD-IZS hikvision OEM camera.

I've used the IPC_R6_ML_STD_5.5.0_170725.zip to upload the 5.5.0 firmware off the official Hikvision support site to upgrade from my version 5.4.0.

It did upload the file to the cam up till 100% but then it got stuck in "rebooting". Now it doesn't come back online in the network and I cannot see it with SADPTool either. I also so not see network activity anylonger on the switch(hub).

This looks serious. I cannot physically reach the cam as it is installed high and dry, so presssing the only button or remove the SD card has to wait some more weeks. Power off/on does not bring back the cam either.

Anybody with ideas about this?
A quick update on this (29/11/17):
The cam came out of hibernation! It's ALIVE!
And the firmware updated from V5.4 to V5.5.0 and since it's the "Z" version and previously I had to focus manually after zooming, it now auto-focuses! WOW!

I did not expect this to happen! Did V5.4 exclude this or did I never toggle this on? Anways, I am happy not having to scrap my FWD-IZS cam AND getting the latest firmware to run on it!

Happy days!