Hikvision plug in

sumbloke

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot get a customer's internet explorer to access the dvr.
The pc reaches the dvr and he can log in but when he tries to view live or recorded it says install the plug in.
When you click to install - nothing happens.
Also, i noted, in local configuration the destinations are all empty and if i type anything nothing happens and if i browse nothing happens.
Note: I've being doing this via Teamviewer.
I have similar problems with a brief attempt using a different pc and chrome which, even though i set permissions to run the plug in, it still says permission is required with no allow option [again via teamviewer].
This plug in business does my head in and i now have to go to site [now]:sad:

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found it best to use Firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:

daudet

n3wb
Reaction score
I have same problem, until a month ago
i was pointing my Chrome to PublicIP:8085 and i just login as admin and was able to do config and watch live view of recorded stuff.
Sudently after login either as Admin or regular Operator or user we get Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser
We get a file WebComponents.exe
which i installed after closing the browser. But i still have the same issue everytime i relog in. Chrome, IE browser does the same.
Reboot PC still dont work.
i can browse the configuration and i try to upgrade remotely and clicking Browse under remote upgrade does nothing. Try to export my actual config still nothing.

The only way i can view live is from my IPhone 5S wiht iVMS-4500 or Android Phone .
\

Any way to get that stupid plug-in to work? Without have to drive to the remote location..

By the way i have try the VSPlayer7.0 and it try login to URL IP port 8085 and it says connection failed.

Daniel
From Montreal.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Google have finally activated some additional security restrictions on chrome plugins.
http://chrome.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/protecting-chrome-users-from-malicious.html
From Google Chrome v42, Google have disabled NPAPI in default.
So you will not able to use live view and playback.
Try this and see if it works:

Enter the address "chrome://flags/" in your browseer and find the option to enable NPAPI.
Then restart your browser to use live view.

In September comes another lockdown:
http://blog.chromium.org/2014/11/the-final-countdown-for-npapi.html

daudet

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the hints it does work with chrome now, and IE prompted me to accept it.

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've tried all methods as well as the above mentioned and it doesn't work for me.
I think it maybe because I am using Chrome 64 bit.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I find that IE + Plugins behaves a lot better if you go to the Internet Options, Security tab, and set the security level for the Trusted zone to Low. Then add the address of the camera to the trusted zone.

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.
The problem is Google Chrome will soon no longer let you enable NPAPI in the near future.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision did not bother to mention that the workaround would cease functioning in September with the launch of Chrome 45.

I hope they are working on a new plugin that can work on older cameras without a firmware update.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to admit there have been plenty of other times when I wanted old Chrome functionality back. Like the old behavior when you click the bookmark star, or the old, old, old new tab page where you could drag and drop the frequently visited tabs. Or during the months when typing "C#" at the beginning of your search query would break the query parser... and it will happen again in September when plugins get disabled.

Sometimes it feels like Google just wants to be Apple and control every aspect of how you do things on a computer.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I like to keep a virtual machine around for cases like this. Between Dahua and Hikvision it seems like there are always problems

Reaction score
Hello there,

I don't know about Chrome, but since you asked about IE, all I can tell is mine worked with all active-x settings to enable or prompt, UAC deactivated and only after adding the specific IP Address to compatibility view settings.

If I can be of more assistance to anyone you can e-mail me at vladuceanuiberiu@mail.com.

Have a nice day everyone!

zarek

n3wb
Reaction score
Im still looking for how to install VLC in the correct plugin folder in firefox - I just can remember it "No plugin detected". I fixed it last week but forgot the exact path.

Edit:
Please help - Im stuck and cant get a picture in my browser any more :(
Need the proper files to install for a working browser: (WebComponents.exe etc etc)

Edit:
I have one working install of firefox - I might be able to share it over dropbox or box if you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Just had several cameras installed around the house. I am unable to view the feed on either my MAC Air (Yosemite) or my desktop PC running Windows 8. I have tried all browsers and have downloaded the plug-in several times, with restarts. I always get the same error message. I can only view using my Android phone. Why can't HIK give a clear and complete solution to this problem? If they can't I will soon return the cameras and demand my money back.