Hikvision Product Comparison

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Confused with Hikvision model numbers? And features included in specific cameras? Please have a look at this easy-to-read spreadsheet. It'll also give you the prices of cameras from three reputable sellers, it is safe to order from them. In this thread, you can also ask about differences of the models.

>> Hikvision Product Comparison - Google Sheets
(both cameras and NVRs now compared!)

Important thing to note:
If you purchase a Hikvision camera / NVR from Aliexpress, you should not upgrade the firmware. If you upgrade it, the user interface will be in Chinese only. Despite there are some solutions to this issue, it's better not to upgrade the firmware if you are unsure.

Last edited by a moderator:

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think, that the best model (value for money) is DS-2CD2132F-IS.

Why you don't have in table also "Alarm IN/OUT Interface"?

Tony G

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, that's a useful spreadsheet.

I changed the camera type for the 2332 to 'Turret' from 'mini-dome'. I hope that's ok.

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alarm I/O and Audio I/O , I have now added. Thanks a lot for the suggestion! :)

And Tony G, you're welcome. No problem, a very good change, thanks!

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, just ordered first cam from CCTV China. Wouldn't of risked the overseas transaction without the recommendations/trials/tribulations of the ipcamtalkers.

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would be OK, but you cannot upgrade firmware.

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have now added axis information to the spreadsheet. If you can, please help by checking it. Also some video explaining the "axis" for beginners like me would be preferred (to be used in the help section). Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have now added axis information to the spreadsheet. If you can, please help by checking it. Also some video explaining the "axis" for beginners like me would be preferred (to be used in the help section). Thank you.
Great. Both 2532 cameras are 3 axis...

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would it be accurate to assume that turret, bullet and Dome are outdoor cameras while Cube is indoor?

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, though, as far as I know, all the models can be used indoors. But the cube cameras indoors only.

about the NVR part : sorry for taking so long time with it. Hikvision NVRs are very confusing, and it takes to time compare between models. Hopefully you'll understand and any help is appreciated. Thanks.

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good idea, but I have thought to list only the most popular models and price of which is below 200$ (ok for consumers). But, I'm open for ideas, one expensive model wouldn't be bad at all. If you know one, please tell me or add to the list directly. :)

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it is expensive, but PTZ with 20-30x zoom is best :)

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay... i'll have to add it to the list maybe:)

Question to everybody:
as CSST seems not to be reliable now, does anyone know a good supplier for Hikvision NVRs without PoE? cctv camera china only supplies them with PoE.

jacky

n3wb
Reaction score
CSST means: Chia security & Surveillance Technology? one biggest of CCTV Equipment supplier in shenzhen?

ivarsand

n3wb
Reaction score
A Hikvision representative pointed me to the new inexpensive speed dome cameras. Zoom is only 2x but pan 350 degrees and tilt 90 degrees with presets.
DS-2DE2102 1.3 MB
DS-2DE2202-DE3/W 2MB
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_498_i5554.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20150522043727&SearchText=ds-2de2202-DE3/W

And DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W 2MB for indoor with IR. This is available in Chinese version now but is soon to appear in international version.
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20150522051622&SearchText=DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W
Make note that it is a Chinese 5.3.0 version, but menu similarities and the Onvif software makes it very usable for non Chinese buyers.