Hikvision SADP Tool and Windows 10 Compatability Question

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully used the Hikvision SADP tool with Windows 10? I recently upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I'm not sure if it is related to the upgrade, but when I started the SADP tool after the upgrade it didn't detect any of my cameras. I have two Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I bullets with firmware version 5.3.0 build 150513. When I installed the 5.3.0 firmware SADP was able to detect the cameras, but that was before the OS upgrade. I tried using the latest SADP version 2.2.3.6. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am running version 2.2.3.6. on win 10. I can see ALL my cameras. hope that help./
Thanks gpower. That is the SADP version I am using. Sounds like I will have to dig into this since I can't blame it on Windows 10.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried the uninstall/reinstall with no success.
Try reinstalling using windows 7 compatibility mode..there where issues with windows 8 where winpcap did not properly install.

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try reinstalling using windows 7 compatibility mode..there where issues with windows 8 where winpcap did not properly install.
I tried installing using Windows 7 compatibility mode. This didn't help either. You mentioned winpcap. I am not sure what it is, but it doesn't show up in my list of installed programs. Is winpcap something I need to install in order for SADP to work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried installing using Windows 7 compatibility mode. This didn't help either. You mentioned winpcap. I am not sure what it is, but it doesn't show up in my list of installed programs. Is winpcap something I need to install in order for SADP to work?
yes you must have it for sadp to work...it should be on your list of installed programs..without it sadp will launch but not find any cameras.

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes you must have it for sadp to work...it should be on your list of installed programs..without it sadp will launch but not find any cameras.
Thanks fenderman. I found WinPcap_4_1_3.exe in the SADPTool program folder. I ran this install file for WinPcap and all is well. I can now see my cameras in SADP. It is curious to me that WinPcap is not automatically installed when SADP is installed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. I found WinPcap_4_1_3.exe in the SADPTool program folder. I ran this install file for WinPcap and all is well. I can now see my cameras in SADP. It is curious to me that WinPcap is not automatically installed when SADP is installed.
Great!, It normally is installed together and you are prompted to agree to install it...not sure if its a windows 10 thing or something else...

Livin

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure if there is a more relevant thread so posting for help here.

I am a complete newbie to networks and cameras. I recently purchased the four HIKVISION DS-2CD2420F-IW IP cameras. I am running Windows 10 Home. When i start the SADP tool I can't see any cameras. WinPcap already installed. I have assigned specific ip addresse for each of the cameras on my router based on MAC address. I am able to use internet explorer and login to the camera via the ip address assigned and watch the live feed. I think that all 4 cameras needs to be wirelessly connected to the router first before they show up on the SADP Tool? is that correct? Is there a thread or link that describes step by step setup. Would really appreciate the knowledge transfer. Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the cameras are on WiFi, temporarily connect one with an ethernet cable if that's possible, to confirm the wireless configuration is affecting the SADP operation.

Livin

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think the cameras is on wifi yet because the link led on the ip cam doesn't blink once the ethernet cable is disconnected. Even with the ethernet cable connected to the camera i am not able to see the camera on the SADP tool. I want to connect all of them wirelessly without ethernet cable. I am able to live stream on the browser (only internet explorer works. Doesn't work on firefox or chrome even with webcomponent plugin installed) with the ethernet cable connected to the cameras on their respective correct IP address i have assigned to each of the cameras in the router config. I was assuming SADP tool will allow me to setup the cameras wirelessly, may be i am wrong. How do i connect the cameras wirelessly to the router now? and how do i get to see them on the SADP tool for managing them?

Last edited:

Livin

n3wb
Reaction score
I rebooted everything with lan cable connected, and for some reason this has helped. Now it is showing up on SADP tool, and also i was able to setup wireless using the internet explorer browser interface. Now need need to learn on good security settings for the wifi access. so much to get my head around! exciting and exhausting at the same time... :-D

Assaad

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 laptops with the same problem everytime i try to start SADP an error pop up saying that MSVCR120.DLL is missing i tried downloading it on it own didnt work i tried running c++ and directx didnt work. what should i do?