Hikvision SDK

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to enable SSH and telnet on my Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A NVR using the Hikvision SDK.

I can log in successfully and see the camera feeds so I believe that part is ok...

When I click Product Related->IPC/IPD CFG->Device Server I get a dialog box with 'Get Failed' error.

The dialog with the device options still displays and if I select enable for both SSH and Telnet then click Set, I get a 'Save Failed' error.

Does anyone have any experience of this and knows what the problem is here?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've downloaded the batch config tool but I cannot see an option to enable SSH.
The option has to be available in the camera, though not necessarily exposed in the web GUI.
Normally nmap would show the ssh port (22) as 'filtered' if it's available but not enabled, as the service is always on but blocked or unblocked depending on the enable state.

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
The option has to be available in the camera, though not necessarily exposed in the web GUI.
Normally nmap would show the ssh port (22) as 'filtered' if it's available but not enabled, as the service is always on but blocked or unblocked depending on the enable state.
Because the cameras are 'administered' by the NVR, their IP addresses are in a different range to that of the NVR and as I understand, they are not accessible except through the NVR.
If this is the case, can the batch tool deal with this or do I have to take each camera out of the NVR, reconfigure the IP addresses to my network, make the changes and then reconfigure back to how it was?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If this is the case, can the batch tool deal with this or do I have to take each camera out of the NVR, reconfigure the IP addresses to my network, make the changes and then reconfigure back to how it was?
Probably the simplest method is to connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE channel - in which case the cameras will be directly accessible.

But for future reference, there is a method that would allow the cameras to be directly accessible at the actual 192.168.254.x IP addresses from a LAN-connected PC. It requires a couple of configuration changes and needs Virtual Host to be enabled.
Example : hikvision 7604 ni-k1 - live stream (hdmi) laggy/choppy performance