Hikvision Virtual Host- Dead Links

Tony Simmons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I admit, I'm completely illiterate as far as networking goes, so the problem is definitely on my end. All I've done so far is connect the NVR to the router on my computer, run the SADP tool and used that to show the NVR address. After clicking on that IP address and logging in to the NVR, I configured the virtual host, which gave me links to the cameras, but none of them will open correctly.

That's where I am so far...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The IP address of the router/gateway for the LAN is 192.168.254.15
That's kinduv an unusual address range for a domestic LAN.
If that's definitely the IP address range of your LAN, and you have the NVR LAN interface connected to the LAN router or switch, and you only have cameras (ie no sneaky cables connected to the router / switch) connected to the NVR PoE ports -
Then the default IP address range as used by Hikvision NVRs PoE interface is clashing with your (unusual) LAN address range.

If that's the case - the solution is to re-address all the PoE-connected cameras. and the NVR PoE interface.
The NVR PoE interface address will likely be set (via the VGA/HDMI interface) to 192.168.254.1
I suggest you change the address to something like 192.168.250.1
And, assuming SADP still works (but that's a puzzle if the cameras are connected to the NVR PoE ports - they are usually not accessible) change the cameras IP addresses and the NVR PoE channels to match.

Tony Simmons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sure enough, after going into the NVR and changing the "Internal IPv4 address" to 192.168.250.1
I am able to get SADP to recognize the NVR (Still shows the same address as before- 192.168.254.34).

With that one change, the virtual Host links to the cameras work perfectly!
Is there still a need to change the cameras IP addresses and the NVR POE channels?

Tony Simmons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It appears that the camera IP addresses have updated on their own...

Tony Simmons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help!

I'm trying to learn the setup and configuration process for Hikvision virtual host so I can use it at another location.

There is no internet or wireless connection there and I need to access camera settings, (Cameras are already installed).
I'm going to take a laptop and tether my phone to it, then connect to the NVR, but I don't know if that will work.

When I try that setup here at home SADP shows an IP address for the NVR of 0.0.0.0. Not a good sign I would think.