Hikvison DS-KV6113-WPE1

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have recently just purchased a Hikvison DS-KV6113-WPE1doorbell however I can't get some aspects of it to work. I have managed to get it setup to some extent as in it can call and my NVR can pickup the feed and record for me.

The main issue I am having is when someone presses the call button it creates an entry in the event history in the hit-connect app either under call or even (depending if it's motion or a button press) however there is no snapshot taken.

I have seen other videos where people were able to see a snapshot of the person that turned up at the door.

Is there something that I am missing with this install?

Thanks

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
To my knowledge AND own tests with the kv8x13 ..
snapshot function only works if you have a display(indoor station).
There is a microsd slot (outdoor station), but it has no function..
They may send out an update in the future.. or maybe not ;)

both kv8113 and kv6113 were updated last year to work without the indoor station. Until then it only worked WITH indoor station. It was not possible to connect directly to the station.

All hikvision and dahua INTERCOM (not doorbell) devices are not working great without the indoor station. Even then, there are huge problems with push notifications. Sometimes they do not come, sometimes there is a huge delay.

There is no possibility to connect it to a wired chime or or add any chime... so you only have chime inside your home with the indoor station connected.

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi after I posted this I did stumble across the exact info that you have given me.

Yeah this is the reason that I wanted to get the hikvision rather than some other brand as I have the full setup already and had no need for another brand in the mix that I would probably end up having to pay a subscription for.

I do have an iPad mounted to my wall that I use for all my other home automation stuff that the doorbell rings on so that is good enough not to have to also by the indoor station.

I have also just worked out that apparently you can use an FTP server to store the snapshot images that I am after. Now I just have to somehow figure out how to get that working with my Qnap media server that I have.

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Many of us wanted to do the same, single tablet with home automation and door bell combined. Have a look at this thread

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I am not really in need for info on how to setup a single tablet it is already functional I just need to know how to get the image snapshots off the video doorbell.

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
Further more to my investigations I have managed to get the FTP on my Qnap server working and I have tested that on another camera to prove that it works.

The issue now is with the same settings in the video door bell it still doesn't work it won't even save an image to the ftp folder.

I'm stumped

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Further more to my investigations I have managed to get the FTP on my Qnap server working and I have tested that on another camera to prove that it works.

The issue now is with the same settings in the video door bell it still doesn't work it won't even save an image to the ftp folder.

I'm stumped
Hikvision and dahua intercoms are closed systems. so hikvision have to integrate the function into the firmware. You cannot add a ftp and then it works. LOL

kesawi

n3wb
Reaction score
To my knowledge AND own tests with the kv8x13 ..
snapshot function only works if you have a display(indoor station).
There is a microsd slot (outdoor station), but it has no function..
They may send out an update in the future.. or maybe not ;)
The A versions are EOL and would be surprised if there were anymore updates for those. B versions potentially.

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome so it looks like I have a half working doorbell should have just gone with ring or the like.

I love how hikvision put all the menus and info into the manual and make special points to say it has these features. However when you try to use them you can’t.

Just like the TF card slot that’s a listed feature however it serves no purpose to the user. :screwy:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of doorbells..

Chinese are like :
WTF who needs a doorbell... i have wechat..

No one like:

Okay what we need for our new doorbell ...
A chime !!

And you are right..

Ring has some of the best functionality of them.. But limited in other ways.

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of doorbells..

Chinese are like :
WTF who needs a doorbell... i have wechat..

No one like:

Okay what we need for our new doorbell ...
A chime !!

And you are right..

Ring has some of the best functionality of them.. But limited in other ways.
Chineese know how to make things but they need to be told what is customer's need. Americans on the other hand know what customer need but they make money by selling services and we developers don't like that model.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
So despite all the stuffing around I have managed to get some of it working.

I have the doorbell hooked up to my NVR to record also and within the NVR I found a function to capture an image on Motion, Alarm, Even ect. this does work however I can not for the life of me get an image to show up if someone presses the bell.

The motion works fine however I don't want to be notified every time someone walks past my front door only if the button is pressed.

I will persist with this there has to be some way I will check what hikvision says.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can grab the call event with an ISAPI command, so if callstatus is "ringing" => then capture a picture
I do that too with my synology surveiillance...

Btw, if you have a synology, the new version now supports also intercoms, there is on model officially supported , the 8113 , but you can other models too, as long as you select the 8113
The new SS center polls the ISAPI command, and can you send a push notification, or offcourse snapshot, or make a xx sec recording

If you are using Home Assistant, i can help you, i just released 3 days ago an addon, that also captures a "door open" status , based on this event, you can start your spotify music or turn lights on :)

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
you can grab the call event with an ISAPI command, so if callstatus is "ringing" => then capture a picture
I do that too with my synology surveiillance...

Btw, if you have a synology, the new version now supports also intercoms, there is on model officially supported , the 8113 , but you can other models too, as long as you select the 8113
The new SS center polls the ISAPI command, and can you send a push notification, or offcourse snapshot, or make a xx sec recording

If you are using Home Assistant, i can help you, i just released 3 days ago an addon, that also captures a "door open" status , based on this event, you can start your spotify music or turn lights on :)
I don't have a synology I am using a qnap NAS I also don't use home assistant is there something that I may be able to get the qnap to do?

I hit a dead end with hikvision support they have no idea about their products a complete bunch of nothing good came with contacting them just threw their hands up in the air once I poked holes in their 'so-called stand alone door bell'

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @Puma , tell me, what do you want to do with the doorbell? I have a lot of commands that can help, but if you don't have any domotica software, you need to run a script somewhere that connects to the doorbell.

I don't know qnap, but is there also Somekind of NVR software on it?

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
@NoFate

I currently have the doorbell connected to a POE switch and working just fine through the hikconnect app I also have my hikvision NVR recording 24/7 stream.

The only part that is not working is when someone calls (presses the button) and I miss it it doesn't take a photo of the person that pressed the bell. The only reason I care about this is I can see who visited without having to check the time of the call and then go back through the footage to match the time and see who it was.

All I get is a little bell icon and I have been told that for me to get that image to display I will need to add the indoor station. Even though this was sold to me as a fully functional stand alone unit.

Yes the Qnap is very similar to the synology I can run QVR pro or I can run surveillance station on it. Both are applications that can take iP cameras and record to the HDD's located in the NAS

IMG_9239.jpg

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, my Synology can accept external commands, is there also Somekind of action center on your NVR that you can trigger?
=> Incoming event > start recording/snapshot ?

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I believe it can somehow however I haven't been able to get anything to work there is no option to take a snap shot that I can see when the button is pressed.

I'm not sure if there is a way to take the photo and then get the hikvision app look into a folder for that image.

I was told the limitations is that the doorbell can only look at the indoor station.

I did manage to get the Hikvision NVR to capture a snapshot on motion detection however still unable to view it from the app without sifting through the images.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't think it will be possible from the hikconnect app, but you make a snapshot based on doorbell event and send a notification from your snap... I have a lot of events where you can trigger oni
I do it too with my Synology now, based on doorbell event, I get a push notification from synology with a snapshot, it opens the app on android, and I can start two way talking, I also have commands to open door