Home Security Systems

Reaction score
From alarm club rep.

And yes, your proa7 will work with any Honeywell products on our site, including 5800 series, six sensors, and pro six sensors.

The only items that cannot integrate, are keypads designed for other series, and batteries

so the 5834 key fob should work with the proa7
That is incorrect.. I used Geoarm aka alarm club for about 1 year approximatively 10 years ago. After that I never used them again. I can see they still don' t know what they're doing.

According to AlarmGrid, the ProA7 with the takeover module that allows it to communicate with the 5800 series sensors cannot not be used with life safety sensors (smoke and CO detectors). I found a combability chart from Resideo on AlarmGrids website.

Here is the list- Honeywell Home PROTAKEOVER Transmitter Compatibility Chart - Dated 6/20 Rev. A

I don't see the keyfob on the list.

Here is the installation instructions for the module- Honeywell Home PROTAKEOVER Installation Instructions - Dated 6/19 Rev. B

This is taken from the compatibility chart- "Using devices not listed here as compatible is not recommended and may cause unexpected behavior"

So you might be able to use the keyfobs but it looks like they could cause issues with the system. Personally, I would wait for AlarmGrid to get back to you and see what they say.

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is incorrect.. I used Geoarm aka alarm club for about 1 year approximatively 10 years ago. After that I never used them again. I can see they still don' t know what they're doing.

According to AlarmGrid, the ProA7 with the takeover module that allows it to communicate with the 5800 series sensors cannot not be used with life safety sensors (smoke and CO detectors). I found a combability chart from Resideo on AlarmGrids website.

Here is the list- Honeywell Home PROTAKEOVER Transmitter Compatibility Chart - Dated 6/20 Rev. A

I don't see the keyfob on the list.

Here is the installation instructions for the module- Honeywell Home PROTAKEOVER Installation Instructions - Dated 6/19 Rev. B

This is taken from the compatibility chart- "Using devices not listed here as compatible is not recommended and may cause unexpected behavior"

So you might be able to use the keyfobs but it looks like they could cause issues with the system. Personally, I would wait for AlarmGrid to get back to you and see what they say.

From alarm grid.

Hey Jay, the Honeywell Ademco 5834-4 Four-Button Wireless Key Remote, will not work with the Proa7

instead, use the PROSIXFOB on ProSeries controls: Honeywell Home PROSIXFOB - Encrypted Wireless 4-Button Keyfob

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess you're going to have to use the PRO series keyfob. Hopefully the signal is strong enough to penetrate your concrete walls. If not, you can always try and relocate the main control unit to an area that might give you better coverage. Or you could just use the app to arm/disarm.

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess you're going to have to use the PRO series keyfob. Hopefully the signal is strong enough to penetrate your concrete walls. If not, you can always try and relocate the main control unit to an area that might give you better coverage. Or you could just use the app to arm/disarm.
I bought a prosixfob for $20. Ill try it out.

I will also try out the original key fobs I bought, just to see what happens.

But Yeah Ill probably just use the App to arm and disarm. The proa7plus also has bluetooth functionality. So when the panel notices your phone is out of range the system automatically arms itself. Super cool.

Once I get everything in, ill do some major testing.
@smiticans Do you have any specific function/questions things you would like to know about the system ?

if so let me know and Ill gladly test them out !!!

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response..

Personally, with all the requirements listed, I would select the Lightsys 2 from Risco. Has everything and more VAS. EAsy enough for DIY but very secure.
What's the cost associated with this system? I've only seen their iWise motion detectors in the United States. I've never seen a complete system installed here (Not saying they aren't installed here, but I've just never seen one). I don't think its going to have a large user base to assist with a DIY install. Also, the website only mentions 3G cell. AT&T/Verizon 4G and 3G networks will be shutdown in 2022. Only LTE and 5G will be available. I also can't find a website based in the United States that has this system for sale to end users.

SamM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the cost associated with this system? I've only seen their iWise motion detectors in the United States. I've never seen a complete system installed here (Not saying they aren't installed here, but I've just never seen one). I don't think its going to have a large user base to assist with a DIY install. Also, the website only mentions 3G cell. AT&T/Verizon 4G and 3G networks will be shutdown in 2022. Only LTE and 5G will be available. I also can't find a website based in the United States that has this system for sale to end users.
Hi

The iWise are super grade detectors, the first of the Anti-Cloaking devices since 2005

I have installed this for many of my friends/family in SA. I prefer to use the IP module that links to the router for the App. The 3G module was popular about 5 years ago. I am available to help with any DIY questions that you have. It's really an easy system to install and configure.

I am not sure who the local reseller will be and I could find out if you would like.

Reaction score
It looks like a decent system but I'm gonna stick with the Vista series for now. That system appears to be more popular outside of the US. I'm going to be checking out the Resideo PROH8PLUS Series when it becomes available. That system is going to be the hardwired version of the ProA7 plus. Hopefully Reisdeo releases more info about it during ISC West this July.