How do you setup Dahua AI Tripwire Intrusion and get an alarm?

sdnomad

n3wb
Reaction score
My knowledge of this stuff is very limited. I have a NVR5208-8P-4KS2E with IPC-T5442T-ZE cameras. I've set up Tripwire and Intrusion rules but I'm not getting any alarm notices. I went under MAIN MENU>AI>PARAMETERS>IVS and created my tripwire and intrusion areas. And as far as the arm/disarm periods, I imagine the armed periods are in color and disarmed periods are black. I just know the color blue is the default for all periods but is that armed? Is that all there is to it, because when I walk across the tripwire and intrusion areas on my front lawn, I get no alarm notices?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, do you have notifications turned on in the app? Does the trip wire flash red when someone walks across it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set them up in the camera themselves by clicking the e icon when on the page that lists the cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Read and study

sdnomad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, do you have notifications turned on in the app? Does the trip wire flash red when someone walks across it?

When you say do I have notifications turned on in the "app", if you mean the nvr's main menu, I don't know what notifications that would be. I'm just trying to get it to record an AI notice when you review the recorded history. When I draw a tripwire and go outside and walk across it, the person inside looking at the tripwire line I just drew said it did not change colors. It remained yellow.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just use one or the other, trip wire or intrusion box. I've found intrusion boxes to work very well but you do need to leave space all the way around them to make sure the camera can "see" something before it enters the intrusion box.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you turn on the light bulb under ivs for each camera D1-Dxx ? Also under storage>schedule you should see a solid blue line and a solid green line for each day and for each camera D1-Dxx . This will give you 24/7 ivs notifications. But if you want to set specific times of the day for ivs, you have to login to each camera and set it . It never works via NVR.

Last edited:

sdnomad

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you turn on the light bulb under ivs for each camera D1-Dxx ? Also under storage>schedule you should see a solid blue line and a solid green line for each day and for each camera D1-Dxx . This will give you 24/7 ivs notifications. But if you want to set specific times of the day for ivs, you have to login to each camera and set it . It never works via NVR.
I think I am closer to getting it to work thanks to your instructions. Tripwire trigger seems to be working and I'm now getting tripwire recordings. The next thing I want to set up is getting push notifications to my cell phone.
I found the blue lightbulb under AI>PARAMETERS>SMART PLAN. I did not have that turned on so I turned it on. (see below) Looks like you can turn on face detection or IVS Tripwire but not both at the same time. :(
I also found where to set the blue and green lines under STORAGE>SCHEDULE>"gear icon" (see below)
I cannot find where to log into individual cameras. This is all I see when I click on the camera menu. I'm just beginning to set this up so I only have one camera connected so far. (see below)

Attachments

Last edited:

sdnomad

n3wb
Reaction score
Read and study
If I make too big a mess of things, is there somewhere to reset all back to factory defaults? I have not run any updates on anything so far.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The DMSS app.

As far as I can tell it requires you to setup and use Dahua’s P2P service on the NVR. Something many of us aren’t real keen on and a quick search will show isn’t always reliable.

Myself I use email alerts. Get them within seconds (May depend on your email provider) with a snapshot

sdnomad

n3wb
Reaction score
The DMSS app.

As far as I can tell it requires you to setup and use Dahua’s P2P service on the NVR. Something many of us aren’t real keen on and a quick search will show isn’t always reliable.

Myself I use email alerts. Get them within seconds (May depend on your email provider) with a snapshot
I set up my email for alert notices but I wonder if it will work come May 30th 2022 when Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Already a thread created about it and how to fix it. Create an app password.