How to add camera from different router?

Reaction score
I am not an IT guy, but I have inherited helping set up security system for my church. I have added all the cameras from the main building. But the ones from the other building have an IP address that starts with 192.168.0 instead of 192.168.1 When I type in their IP address, it can’t find them. Any help would be appreciated.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the make and model of the camera?

You can not access the camera because it is on a different sub net. This is a common problem.

How do you know the IP address ?

Reaction score
They paid someone to install the cameras and he wrote down the IP addresses. They also show up on SADP tool for are Hikvision cameras. Is there anyway to connect them to one blue iris system?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They paid someone to install the cameras and he wrote down the IP addresses. They also show up on SADP tool for are Hikvision cameras. Is there anyway to connect them to one blue iris system?
Is there a separate router in the other building?

Reaction score
They are sharing internet connections. Not sure how they are connected, but believe they have a cat 5 running to each other.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They are sharing internet connections. Not sure how they are connected, but believe they have a cat 5 running to each other.
ok, what you need to do, assuming the internet connection comes to the main building, change the remote router that is currently at 192.168.0. into access point mode (most can do this) and it will pull a new ip that is in the same subnet as the original. Then using sadp assign each remote camera a new ip in the proper range. Make sure you reserve all ip's using your routers dhcp reservation to ensure the addresses dont change (this will all be done on the main building router).