how to cause triggered PTZ to record when reaches triggered preset?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi! so, i have the PTZ being triggered by other cams, and it works great, but when it gets triggered and moves to a specified preset, it does not record anything there...instead it seems to sit there for a time, and then return to the preset defined in my PTZ cam schedule...can someone tell me how to get it to record once it moves to the "triggered preset"?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! so, i have the PTZ being triggered by other cams, and it works great, but when it gets triggered and moves to a specified preset, it does not record anything there...instead it seems to sit there for a time, and then return to the preset defined in my PTZ cam schedule...can someone tell me how to get it to record once it moves to the "triggered preset"?

Thanks!
if the camera is still in the triggered state it will record..check your motion delay time

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the PTZ camera on the record tab make sure that "When Triggered" is enabled.
Then in the "trigger" tab make sure your break time is like "30 seconds" or however long minimum you want the camera recording for.
Then when still in triggers tab click "Configure" next to motion detector (make sure motion detection is turned on) - in this menu UNCHECK object detection. When the camera is moving the whole scene is changing and by default this is 67%. The camera moving is most likely resetting the detector and not triggering the camera.