How to disable alarm re-arming? Hikvision Cube 4MP

Mintz

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear folks at ipcamtalk,

I have an annoying problem with my newly acquired Hikvision Cube 4MP camera. Whenever the alarm is armed and triggered, the camera's loudspeaker activates and audio warning commences which lasts a couple of seconds and then stops, all fine and well. However, after only a couple of seconds of silence, the camera seems to immediately re-arm and the audio warning continues. And it continues to make noise without stopping for as long as the alarm input is triggering the alarm, this can take hours on end! Which is tremendously annoying for my home use purposes.

Therefore, I want to disable the automatic re-arming of the alarm. Unfortunately, in the Hikvision alarm settings - alarm schedule, there are only two options (as far as I know) - to either have the arming fully enabled with automatic re-arming, or to have the arming fully disabled without any alarm. Essentially, just like in the home security systems, I would like the alarm and subsequent audio warning to activate only once, and to stay disarmed until I manually re-arm it. Therefore, I would like to kindly ask you, is there any way to disable automatic re-arming on this Hikvision camera?

Thank you very much for all your responses and help :)

Mintz

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..it cant be done...

Mintz

n3wb
Reaction score
I dislike that phrase. Anything can be done, depends on how hard you try and how many people are trying with you. I will contact Hikvision on Monday, they might be more helpful. Since it's only a software feature that I am after, it might be added to the camera in form of a firmware update in the future, if there really is no way to add it now. Would be really useful to disable re-arming of the alarm and have the ability to re-arm it using my phone, in the ivms 4500.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dislike that phrase. Anything can be done, depends on how hard you try and how many people are trying with you. I will contact Hikvision on Monday, they might be more helpful. Since it's only a software feature that I am after, it might be added to the camera in form of a firmware update in the future, if there really is no way to add it now. Would be really useful to disable re-arming of the alarm and have the ability to re-arm it using my phone, in the ivms 4500.
You can dislike it, but it cant be done (yes yes, I know your are going to write a script and user your PI to monitor the cam blah blah, not gonna happen), we are dealing in realities here. If you think hikvision is going to modify the firmware based on your request you are out of your mind. (also if you purchased a china region camera, which based on your post is highly likely, then you cannot update the firmware on your camera).
Your idea is silly in the first place, since a false motion alert (even the PIR will provide false motion at times) will now completely disarm the audio alert.
Some third party apps have the ability to enable disable the motion detection on some cameras...ipcamviewer was able to do this but the last time i check (a few years back) it would not properly re-enable the motion..the sensitivity would be set to 0..
Regardless, forger about using the camera as an alarm system. Buy an alarm.

Mintz

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know how you figured that it's highly likely that I purchased a 'china region camera' based on my post, but you're wrong in your assumption. It's a UK version bought from an authorised UK reseller. Not sure how that is related to the problem at hand though.. Anyway buying an alarm system would just add unnecessary complexity which I am trying to avoid. But thanks for your input.

If anyone else has had a similar issue with how the Hikvision cameras handle alarm arming, please let me know, I would like to know your input and suggestions :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how you figured that it's highly likely that I purchased a 'china region camera' based on my post, but you're wrong in your assumption. It's a UK version bought from an authorised UK reseller. Not sure how that is related to the problem at hand though.. Anyway buying an alarm system would just add unnecessary complexity which I am trying to avoid. But thanks for your input.

If anyone else has had a similar issue with how the Hikvision cameras handle alarm arming, please let me know, I would like to know your input and suggestions :)
Based on your limited knowledge of the camera and your dream that hikvision will create a custom option for you if you email them. You are wasting your time.
This is why folks use pc based vms like blue iris that allows for a multitude of custom options.