HOW TO??? IVS event alert emails from Blue Iris server

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
We know that Blue Iris doesn't not support Dahau camera IVS features but it'd be nice if we could received IVS event alert emails sent from the Blue Iris server that the cameras are connected to via a POE switch. After a scan if the internet and the cliff notes I didn't find how to make that happen, ergo this post.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get this working?

To be specific, I have two NICs on my BI server. 198.168.0.2 (secure) is connected to the POE switch which the cameras are connected. 198.168.1.2 (non-secure) is connected to my router. I'm guessing I don't want to bridge the NICs but what are my options? On the router I assume I need to add a single port forward for port 25 TCP for the 198.168.1.2 NIC.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We know that Blue Iris doesn't not support Dahau camera IVS features but it'd be nice if we could received IVS event alert emails sent from the Blue Iris server that the cameras are connected to via a POE switch. After a scan if the internet and the cliff notes I didn't find how to make that happen, ergo this post.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get this working?

To be specific, I have two NICs on my BI server. 198.168.0.2 (secure) is connected to the POE switch which the cameras are connected. 198.168.1.2 (non-secure) is connected to my router. I'm guessing I don't want to bridge the NICs but what are my options? On the router I assume I need to add a single port forward for port 25 TCP for the 198.168.1.2 NIC.
Actually, it does support dahua ivs. The real question is why you would want to use dahua ivs when blue iris zone crossing is superior - see videos on proper setup.
You are defeating the purpose of two network cards of you allow outbound traffic from the camera to send the email.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually, it does support dahua ivs. The real question is why you would want to use dahua ivs when blue iris zone crossing is superior - see videos on proper setup.
You are defeating the purpose of two network cards of you allow outbound traffic from the camera to send the email.
I'm confused....:wtf: