How To Upgrade Amcrest / Lorex to Dahua Firmware And Get All Dahua Features

Virtualko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys. quick question and I didn't see the answer.. so throwing it out there again. I flashed a Amcrest IP5M-T1179E 98% successfully to the latest Dahua FW. The extra 2% being that I forgot to disable the Amcrest logo overlay first!!!!! not really bothering me much, but turning it off after the FW upgrade is proving unfruitful. Is there a tool (or trick) to set the hidden logo overlay to disabled after it's been flashed?

TIA

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have recently bought a kit from Costco UK. I have then run the below found in this post on one of the cameras, it works a treat.

http://<IP ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo

This gives me:

appAutoStart=true
deviceType=E891AB
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=DH7200
serialNumber=xxxxxxx
updateSerial=IPC-HFW1841EN-PV-0280B-CAYENNE
updateSerialCloudUpgrade=IPC-HFW1841EN-PV-0280B-

So hopefully now I can find a Dahua firmware file for a IPC-HFW1841EN.

Very interested to read about the Amcrest cameras, up to today I was thinking the only way to get Dahua cameras in the UK was buying Lorex. Mind you, Costco returns policy is excellent, so buying Lorex from then has never presented an issue if something was not right.

Virtualko

n3wb
Reaction score
try to reset to factory defaults
I had the same issue. Did the factory reset as suggested and viola no more Amcrest logo!!

Awesome! Thank you very much Zape and Fr1tzz. I did the factory reset and the Amcrest logo is gone.

...wish I would have thought about doing that instead of wasting 4-5 hours on it trying to get to a command prompt or trying to edit the firmware.

mromamcrest

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Just curious about some of the features that may be missing from Amcrest firmware that Dahua firmware may have?

What improvements can be made for Amcrest Firmware that are better on Dahua's?

I will gladly pass any constructive feedback to our R&D team for future considerations.

We also have AI versions out that have many of the IVS features that customers have asked for before.

The link below would be the Technical Specification of the AI line of products.

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Just curious about some of the features that may be missing from Amcrest firmware that Dahua firmware may have?

I will gladly pass any constructive feedback to our R&D team for future considerations.

We also have AI versions out that have many of the IVS features that customers have asked for before.

Please consider providing an official Amcrest updated firmware for the IP5M-T1179EW

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Firmware updates for the Amcrest IP8M-2496E IP8M-2499EW would be good.

I prefer the video output files the Amcrest gives over the .DAV files the Dahua provides, but the operation of the camera leaves a lot to be desired. The logo is easier to remove with the Dahua, and the motion detection is a lot nicer. Sub streams are also different.
I like the Amcrest cameras, so continue to buy them along with Dahua cameras.
Amcrest NVR are picky about the cameras they work with, so I get Dahua NVRs.

Tsu Ko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, but I'd already like to thank joec2000 as I ran his test of "http://<IP ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo" on my new Lorex LNB9232S and found that it is truly a HFW1831EN.

appAutoStart=true
deviceType=LNB9232S
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=DH7200
serialNumber=ND012003020359
updateSerial=IPC-HFW1831EN-A-0280B-CAYENNE
updateSerialCloudUpgrade=IPC-HFW1831EN-A-0280B-CAYENNE:01:02:02:64:2C:00:01:0F:01:01:00:320:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:200

I have a Pi4 booting from SSD with Shinobi running on it and It's now time to jump down the rabbit hole of trying to upgrade the camera. Wish me luck as I have been digging around for a week and have not seen anyone post that they were able to upgrade their Lorex 9232S.

P.S If you are wondering why I bought Lorex it's because I'm from Canada and was able to get 20% off that too.

John
Any luck upgrading the LNB9232S to dahua firmware?

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can upgrade the IP2M-841-V3 Amcrest camera to the new Dahua firmware and unlock these awesome features?

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just did this on my Amcrest IP8M-2496E and it worked flawlessly.
Can you switch the Amcrest firmware back to Amcrest after switching to the Dahu firmware on a Amcrest IP8M-2496E 4k Camera?

Here is my dilemma, I upgrade the firmware to Amcrest V2.622.00AC000.0.R dated 10-22-2020. In doing so I lost my color night vision. It is now all washed out and real grainy. I can get it back but have to switch the setup manually every day by switching on gainFirst in the camera setup menu. Any ideas?

I was thinking about trying the Dahu firmware to see if I get my color night vision back without having to switch the setup manually every day but if it doesn't work I'd like to switch back to the Amcrest firmware. I am also worried about bricking the camera.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

#1 request for my IP5M-T1179EW-28MM is the ability to view recorded streams from within a standard browser. NOT a Chrome Web App.
  1. I can view the camera Live view in any browser, in Amcrest Surveillance Pro, or in an RTSP viewer
  2. I can view the camera Playback in Amcrest Surveillance Pro
  3. I can not view the camera Playback in any browser on any OS. This is what I need to do.
    1. I can see a playback timeline in IE8, but the main window says, "IE no longer supported. Please use Google Chrome."
    2. On every other browser (Safari/Mac, Chrome/Mac, Firefox/Mac, SeaMonkey/Mac, Edge/Win, and Chrome87/Win) none of them displays a playback timeline with clips
  4. I can view the camera Playback in the Chrome Web App, but that is not a true browser view

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another little trick to ID rebranded Dahua cameras is to use the web API.

http://<IP ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo
Awesome. So, just to corroborate pozzello's results:

I can confirm the HWID of Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW is indeed "IPC-HDW2531TP-AS"
I ran this against my IP5M-T1179EW-28MM, and it reports:

appAutoStart=true
deviceType=IP5M-T1179E
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=SSC328Q
serialNumber=AMC0601A7XXXXXXXX
updateSerial=IPC-HDW2531TP-AS
updateSerialCloudUpgrade=IPC-HDW2531TP-AS:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:400:00:00:00:00:00:01:00:00:100

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
^^
But does anyone know where to find firmware for the IPC-HDW2531 series? The Dahua page no longer seems to have firmware links.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
@Skinny1 Did you do full factory reset after applying the Dahua firmware?

@TheWaterbug Yes, and I can also confirm the Amcrest IP5M-T1179E will take the following Dahua firmware via WebUI update and seems to work fine after a full factory reset and reconfig:

(I didn't notice any issue b4 factory reset, but didn't poke around much either)

The Dahua firmware adds the 4th (day/night) profile, SmartPlan/IVS, and no longer requires the Amcrest plugin...

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
(I didn't notice any issue b4 factory reset, but didn't poke around much either)

The Dahua firmware adds the 4th (day/night) profile, SmartPlan/IVS, and no longer requires the Amcrest plugin...
Thanks! Do you see any options for finer-grained control over the IR LEDs?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
nope. looks the same to me, tho Dahua refers to that page as 'illuminator' vs 'IR light' on the Amcrest...
amcrest_ir_light.PNG
dahua_illuminator.PNG
dahua_version.PNG

And i was mistaken about adding the fourth profile option (for day/night) as my latest Amcrest does have that already.
amcrest_4th_profile.PNG
amcrest_version.PNG

At least enabling IVM is a useful, i guess, if one uses that (I don't, with BI)
So while it can be done, it doesn't buy you much (on these units), so far...

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks! It might be worth it to get native browser view, but I'm on the fence about losing mp4 download.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ran http://<IP ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo against the cameras in the Costco/Lorex system I set up at my ex's place, and they report:

Code:
appAutoStart=true
deviceType=LNB8005-C
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=S3LM
serialNumber=ND0217xxxxxxxx
updateSerial=IPC-HFW4830EP-S