How to Upload vidoe clips with Dahua HI-NVR4208-8P-4KS2 ?

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I have this system working for some time now wit a few cams and I had quite some links on how to configure things but those got lost due to a crash.
I would like to upload a short clip of the cams when there is an trip wiretrigger.
Is that possible and how?
What are the requirements for the server?
Is there a link somewhere such that I canr ead back these things?
Thanks,
Bert

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First connect NVR to LAN router, and add NVR to Dahua SmartPSS program on PC.
Do a google search on "SmartPSS export clip". You will find videos and articles on how to do it.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First connect NVR to LAN router, and add NVR to Dahua SmartPSS program on PC.
Do a google search on "SmartPSS export clip". You will find videos and articles on how to do it.
I have the |NVR connected and the program on my PC.
I can do a manual export of the recorded stream of a camera. But that is manually as far as I understand from the doc

I would like to store some clip of about 60 seconds around the trigger automatically.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe this thread could help with recording anf viewing IVS events.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
An IVS event can trigger a snapshot or a short video. You can also have the pic or video mailed to you.
Those pics and vids are stored in a directory that you can define in the NVR cinfigured under "Storage"

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks all for the answers.
An IVS event can trigger a snapshot or a short video. You can also have the pic or video mailed to you.
Those pics and vids are stored in a directory that you can define in the NVR cinfigured under "Storage"
Hi OK so I can mail those clips and photo's. Could I also FTP them to a server?
GReets,
Bert

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe this thread could help with recording anf viewing IVS events.
I can see my time line and the recording and see events. But want to sent clips around the event to a server using FTP or so?
Greets,
Bert

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those pics and vids are stored in a directory that you can define in the NVR configured under "Storage"
I have email configured under network on the NVR.I tested it this and it works.
But when I try this with event config with the same setting the test mail fails.
I tried this from smartpss and fron the desktop.
Maybe I do something stupid here ?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't answer re: ftp. I never used ftp.
Re: email:
TEST, under the EMAIL tab of NETWORK does work. Good. All settings, the port, email p/w, etc is correct.
But emails aren't generated for an IVS Event.
Is that accurate? I think that's what you're describing in your brief note...
If so, did you define When? You must define WHEN. Ie: time of day, and day of the week. This is in addition to checking the box for SEND EMAIL, SEND ATTACHMENT (the pic), etc.
I assume you're seeing the red Mark on the timeline shown under PLAYBACK. This would confirm you truly have IVS set up completely.
Keep fiddling!
Fastb

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't answer re: ftp. I never used ftp.
Re: email:
TEST, under the EMAIL tab of NETWORK does work. Good. All settings, the port, email p/w, etc is correct.
But emails aren't generated for an IVS Event.

Is that accurate? I think that's what you're describing in your brief note...

That is correct. I receive thet test mail so it is really sent.

If so, did you define When? You must define WHEN. Ie: time of day, and day of the week. This is in addition to checking the box for SEND EMAIL, SEND ATTACHMENT (the pic), etc.
I assume you're seeing the red Mark on the timeline shown under PLAYBACK. This would confirm you truly have IVS set up completely.
Keep fiddling!
Fastb
I have set that the tripwires are activ for every day 24hours and I also see the red events in the timeline.
Here some screenshots from the desktop.
1630080028351.png
1630080135996.png1630080207471.png

The strange thing is there is also an email set of parameters in the camera stettings under network I can also enter SMTP setings
When I enter there exactly the same information for the SMTP server and try to test the settings I get an error message1630084565759.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm.
Here's my settings, for comparison:

1630083653190.png
My 2 cents: I notice you aren't storing regular video (green).
But more importantly, your screen doesn't show that you're recording IVS. And your screen only has 3 "types" of recording. Mine shows 4, including IVS.
Likely, that's a symptom/clue for you to track down...

Moving on....

1630084063768.png

1630084215541.png

My IVS enable settings are in orange - the typical color for assorted IVS items. Yours is green, a color normally used for recording normal (non-event) footage. Odd. Maybe that's another symptom/clue to track down...

I hope I pointed your investigation in the right direction.
Good sleuthing!
Fastb

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm.
Here's my settings, for comparison:

View attachment 99890
My 2 cents: I notice you aren't storing regular video (green).
But more importantly, your screen doesn't show that you're recording IVS. And your screen only has 3 "types" of recording. Mine shows 4, including IVS.
Likely, that's a symptom/clue for you to track down...

Moving on....

View attachment 99891

View attachment 99893

My IVS enable settings are in orange - the typical color for assorted IVS items. Yours is green, a color normally used for recording normal (non-event) footage. Odd. Maybe that's another symptom/clue to track down...

I hope I pointed your investigation in the right direction.
Good sleuthing!
Fastb
Hi FAstb,
Yes it is helping me and this makes it also a bit obvious why I and maybe other people get lost in the interfgace. It has been some time ago that I have this system setup.

And lately I thought it would be quite easy to steal the NVR with all the recordings for a burgler
The interface at this NVR is a bit different
I made a new screenshot
In myNVR I find that schedule under storage:
1630085225334.png

So yes I am storing events
1630085411800.png
Without the green general

1630085475059.png
With the green also enabled.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, the interface on our two NVRs differ. I bought mine in 2015 or so. My model info is below, in my signature file.

So far, we see the underlying required items are in place:
  • email "TEST" is successful. The NVR can send out emails.
  • IVS events are properly scheduled to be recorded. Presumably, the pics are stored on the NVR disk per settings in "Storage".
  • IVS is set up. You're getting events, and they can be seen on the Playback timeline. Presumably, you can replay the events, specifically to see the blue IVS Tripwires turn red when tripped.

The following item may be a long shot, but here goes.
Maybe the NVR did indeed send the email. But was rejected as spam by your email program. So check your Spam folder. Or send to a different email domain (instead of gmail, send to to comcast or your work email that uses a different domain)
Note: I'm currently battling a problem with gmail. Emails from my NVR (without pic attachments) are received by my gmail account, and then forwarded to tmomail.net (so I receive a text). But emails with a pic attachments don't go through, so I don't receive that text with an NVR snapshot. But this isn't a root cause of your problem.
I bring this up because maybe the the NVR is indeed sending the email, and your problem exists at the receiving end? (so one quick troubleshooting item would be check the spam filter, or use a different receiving email inbox). ie: the problem isn't at the TX end (the NVR) but instead the problem is at the RX end (your email inbox).

I'm running out of ideas, given the clues I've received so far. Do you have other clues or hunches?
(click "Like" if I've been helpful so far)
Fastb

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you again FastB
I looked in the unwanted mail folders on the receiving end and there was nothing from the NVR.
I now changed to another mail server for the NVR which also tested with succes wit the test button.
This a server that I also use for webhosting and which I control myself a bit more.
Now I will see again if I get mail ontrigger.
The strange thing remains that I cannot get mail settings working on the camera setup panels.
Also I have been searching in the NVR webpages to see where else to activate mail sending on a trigger but cannot find anything here.

But I have enabled health messages and those mails arrive correct, which again proves my mail settings work:).

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I've used mail settings in the NVR & cameras. For me, both worked. Email from the cam had a benefit, in the the SUBJECT line of the email could be different. From the NVR, all email gets the same SUBJECT. From cams, the SUBJECT could be specific for each cam, so I could tell at a glance of my INBOX which cam sent the email. As versus Gmail adding all emails (from each camp's IVS event) into a single long email thread with multiple pics/events. If that makes sense.
But if you can't get emails from cams, that could, maybe, be another clue. Maybe not, or maybe a symptom of the same underlying problem.

Another angle might be this. For each IVS EVENT, 3 emails are sent
1) Event start time
2) pic
3) Event stop time.
Email 1 & 3 have event times that differ by 2 minutes. I filter/forward just emails with pics, to reduce clutter.

Your newer NVR may be differ, and not send low-value email #1 and #3. There's threads in the forum on dealing with this.

Happy sleuthing!
Fastb

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've used mail settings in the NVR & cameras. For me, both worked. Email from the cam had a benefit, in the the SUBJECT line of the email could be different. From the NVR, all email gets the same SUBJECT. From cams, the SUBJECT could be specific for each cam, so I could tell at a glance of my INBOX which cam sent the email. As versus Gmail adding all emails (from each camp's IVS event) into a single long email thread with multiple pics/events. If that makes sense.
But if you can't get emails from cams, that could, maybe, be another clue. Maybe not, or maybe a symptom of the same underlying problem.

Another angle might be this. For each IVS EVENT, 3 emails are sent
1) Event start time
2) pic
3) Event stop time.
Email 1 & 3 have event times that differ by 2 minutes. I filter/forward just emails with pics, to reduce clutter.

Your newer NVR may be differ, and not send low-value email #1 and #3. There's threads in the forum on dealing with this.

Happy sleuthing!
Fastb
Thanks, so far:)
I will try to find any solution with search although this is sometimes a bit tough, as I am not a native english speaker

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Compliments on your English. At least, I haven't been confused. I did try to be very clear in my messages.
Reminds me of the old joke:
Q: What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?
A: tri-lingual.
Q: 2 languages?
A: bilingual.
Q: 1 language?
A: American.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got the mail working following guidings at this topic

But discovered only a picture is attached ad no clip:(
So still workin to store event clips off site on external storage