How to use a Kuna with Blue Iris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I open a ticket with the dev? None of my cameras have that capabilities working just tested... I have a dlink dcs-2670l and an Amcrest IP3M-HX2W.
The amcrest/dahua likely does work using one of the amcrest or dahua options from the dropdown.
You will need to email support with the info from the "email support now" button in the about tab. you will need to port forward the cameras and provide direct access for the developer.

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I contacted BlueIris but apparently my basic support has expired...So need to think if it's worth getting the extended service or not. If I do get it then its as if BlueIris does kind of charge a monthly fee... :)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I contacted BlueIris but apparently my basic support has expired...So need to think if it's worth getting the extended service or not. If I do get it then its as if BlueIris does kind of charge a monthly fee... :)
No it's a $30 fee for a year of support. There is no monthly fee to run the software. You have to understand how cheap that is. Perhaps compare the support fees of other VMS software, or what QuickBooks charges you for support. Not to mention their upfront cost Surely you don't expect free lifetime support for $60 that you paid for this software. If you find a software package that does more for less or the same I'd love to hear about it.

Last edited:

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well its like paying 2.50$ a month...Still the cheapest way to get a setup of such but it's not free. I went ahead and updated my software, it is worth the cost that's for sure.

Anyhow will see if they can resolve my issue. So far I am pleased with my Kuna hack. My original Kuna kept triggering for tree shadows, cars, and even squirrels. Tried so many things on it, zones, sensitivity with no fool proof way. BlueIris with it's multiple zone detection and various sensitivity settings allowed me to fix this issue. Once I get the intercom talk-back this new setup will be superior to Kunas and MUCH cheaper in terms of monthly fees.

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They asked me two questions:
1)
Q: Do you have a working WAN IP forwarded directly to the cameras that you're having trouble with?
A: Do they mean port forward setup within my router?

Q: We would need both the RTSP and HTTP ports forwarded.
A: What do they mean by that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well its like paying 2.50$ a month...Still the cheapest way to get a setup of such but it's not free. I went ahead and updated my software, it is worth the cost that's for sure.

Anyhow will see if they can resolve my issue. So far I am pleased with my Kuna hack. My original Kuna kept triggering for tree shadows, cars, and even squirrels. Tried so many things on it, zones, sensitivity with no fool proof way. BlueIris with it's multiple zone detection and various sensitivity settings allowed me to fix this issue. Once I get the intercom talk-back this new setup will be superior to Kunas and MUCH cheaper in terms of monthly fees.
The software has no monthly fee. You are only charged for support after the first year if you choose to want support. That is very different than a monthly fee. Simple concept. Stop misrepresenting it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They asked me two questions:
1)
Q: Do you have a working WAN IP forwarded directly to the cameras that you're having trouble with?
A: Do they mean port forward setup within my router?

Q: We would need both the RTSP and HTTP ports forwarded.
A: What do they mean by that?
Yes port forwarded. You will need to port forward both rtsp and http ports.

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Forwarded the HTTP but can't figure out the RTSP...need to look into it. Can't find how to get my cams RTSP link.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Forwarded the HTTP but can't figure out the RTSP...need to look into it. Can't find how to get my cams RTSP link.
It should be listed in the web interface..where you can do a port scan using an app like fing on your phone....

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
fwiw, RTSP is typically on port 554. Your cam *might* have it on another port, so check the UI (if any,) use a port scanner as suggested, OR use ONVIF device manager:
ONVIF Device Manager

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So haven't heard back from dev yet, is it normal to wait about 7+ days for support? First time contacting them so not sure how their process works...

As for my setup, since I went with wired camera and added an extension for my sonoff wifi (soldered an antenna to the board) I have zero loss of signal and my setup is pretty stable. Will see with dev if I can get the talkback feature, it's the only thing that I am missing at this point.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So haven't heard back from dev yet, is it normal to wait about 7+ days for support? First time contacting them so not sure how their process works...

As for my setup, since I went with wired camera and added an extension for my sonoff wifi (soldered an antenna to the board) I have zero loss of signal and my setup is pretty stable. Will see with dev if I can get the talkback feature, it's the only thing that I am missing at this point.
Yes its normal. He is backed up. He is working on significant updates/features 4.8.5 - BIG NEWS No movement trigger and New AI integration/update
If your read my posts on the hfw-1831c-pir camera you will see that it took 4-6 days between responses as it appears they go into a queue. He did get it done and was able to implement talk audio on that camera.

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update: BlueIris has yet to try fixing my issue...

As for the camera, I ended up removing the Sonoff Tasmota since it died and was not very reliable. Since I hard wired the camera, I made it POE and used the ethernet wire to power it. The light is directly connected to the electric wire which is now controlled via Tplink Wifi Switch.

Halo3

n3wb
Reaction score
This looks ace!!

Which camera did you end up with for POE? Any luck with intercom capabilities?