How to use Hikvision Audio and Alarm IO connections

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anybody know if its possible to have an alarm I/O input direct to a PC?
With the hikvision HW NVR I was able to hook up the connections from a doorbell to have the video out monitor pop up to that camera for a period of time when the bell is pressed.
I understand I can hook it up straight to the camera but I dont think that can trigger the camera to pop up full screen.
Is it possible to do with Blue Iris or Hikvisions IVMs with some I/o USB or Ethernet device??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if its possible to have an alarm I/O input direct to a PC?
With the hikvision HW NVR I was able to hook up the connections from a doorbell to have the video out monitor pop up to that camera for a period of time when the bell is pressed.
I understand I can hook it up straight to the camera but I dont think that can trigger the camera to pop up full screen.
Is it possible to do with Blue Iris or Hikvisions IVMs with some I/o USB or Ethernet device??
You can set blue iris to prioritize and fullscreen any camera detecting motion. You can also use one of these with blue iris (got one for 60 dollars a while back)..http://www.sealevel.com/store/120e-ethernet-to-4-optically-isolated-inputs-4-form-c-relay-outputs-digital-interface-adapter.html

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks alot, so in other words if connect this to BI I can have it fire up a certain camera on door press?
Basically you will use it to trigger the camera...you can also simply use the motion detection either in bi or the cameras own motion detection to trigger the camera...you dont need the sealevel device unless you want to use a pir sensor, or only trigger the camera via doorbell press.

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How does this sealevel device work? I have PIR sensors that I use in my analog camera setup. But im now getting into the IP camera setup. I currently own 3 Hik 2cd2032 cameras and a Hik 7608 NVR. Would this device allow me to connect my PIR sensors to my Hik NVR to trigger recording,etc?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How does this sealevel device work? I have PIR sensors that I use in my analog camera setup. But im now getting into the IP camera setup. I currently own 3 Hik 2cd2032 cameras and a Hik 7608 NVR. Would this device allow me to connect my PIR sensors to my Hik NVR to trigger recording,etc?
You cant use it with the nvr...you need a device or software (like blue iris)that can communicate with sealevel and trigger recording..

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
You dont need this device, Im not sure about your NVR but the PIR can be connected to the Hikvision NVR 7716NI that I have, and it will trigger recording when the pir opens the circuit

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately the the 7608 NVR I have doesnt have the alarm inputs.

ComPH

n3wb
Reaction score
Darn,wish I had thought of this while the house was being built. May be difficult now to run power.

Any speaker that that you recommend for that camera and or outdoor use?
I tried couple of speakers, the only one I had laying around and one that has plenty of output volume without powered amp is Xbox speaker. I am sure it could be re-packaged, I just wrapped it up in a "space Blanket", since it is under the eaves. It mounts using the 1/4-20 thread and it has RCA plug input. Works great, without an amp.

For some reason the photos are showing in "landscape", I don't know why but I think it shows the concept.

IMG_1294.JPGIMG_1295.JPGIMG_1296.JPG

Ar.Pi

n3wb
Reaction score
ComPH, can you please explain how you connected the RCA cable to the camera?

ComPH

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for not being clearer, the RCA plug is on the speaker side, cut of the other end and connected the individual wires to the camera terminals.

pdobrien3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have two Hikvision 2CD2142FWD-IS cameras that I mounted as soon as I got them. Never though of connecting them to my 2GIG alarm system. Unfortunately they are somewhat difficult to get to. From reading this thread and memory, I am pretty sure they have two green I/O boxes along with a 2.5 (I think) audio jack. Please correct me if I am wrong. My cameras are POE powered so I never concerned myself with where a power supply would go. Now that they are up and running perfectly, it dawned on me how easy it would be to add a Z-wave relay to the mix. Here is what I would like to accomplish:

1) In the event an alarm is triggered at my panel by one of the many security devices I have, I would like the cameras, through a z-wave relay, to begin recording 24x7 until I turn them off. Guessing this is pretty simple through the Alarm input.
2) When motion is detected by the camera, I would like the z-wave relay to notify my porch light, also on a z-wave switch, to turn on. Both of my cameras are pointing at a porch. The IR light at night is not bad but both porch light substantially improve night time video. I am guessing this can be done with the Alarm output feature.

Curious if anyone has already done something like this so I don't have to recreate the wheel. Curious if my above assumptions are correct and what z-wave relay anyone is using successfully? Also, some earlier posts suggest using the alarm output should be done with caution.....has anyone worked out these details?

I have been looking at the MIMOlite (Wireless Z-Wave Multi-Input/Output Dry Contact Bridge; Cert ID: ZC08-16040002 - Household Alarms And Detectors - Amazon.com) and the MIMO2+ (FortrezZ Z-WavePlus MiMO2+ Interface Module - - Amazon.com)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

vegas3416

n3wb
Reaction score
I also want to go back a bit on the speaker setup. I have a very similar camera as the first post in this thread and when I hook up my speaker I don't get any audio out of it. The green connector has I , O, GRN, and A on it. I hooked up my speaker to the GRN and the A but nothing. I'm looking at the user who has the speaker from his Xbox and wanted to know if this is a powered speaker or just a speaker with RCA plugs on it. ComPH?

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
I also want to go back a bit on the speaker setup. I have a very similar camera as the first post in this thread and when I hook up my speaker I don't get any audio out of it. The green connector has I , O, GRN, and A on it. I hooked up my speaker to the GRN and the A but nothing. I'm looking at the user who has the speaker from his Xbox and wanted to know if this is a powered speaker or just a speaker with RCA plugs on it. ComPH?
I dont remember off hand but I think you have enable it in the settings of the camera.

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

1) In the event an alarm is triggered at my panel by one of the many security devices I have, I would like the cameras, through a z-wave relay, to begin recording 24x7 until I turn them off. Guessing this is pretty simple through the Alarm input.
You dont really need a Zwave relay, you can hook up the open collector. terminals on the 2 gig by setting it up to follow the internal sounder. On "Q78: Select Output (00‐12)" choose (11) Follows Internal Sounder Alarm. You would then connect the output collector to the alarm in of the camera and setup to record on alarm input.

Hello everyone,

2) When motion is detected by the camera, I would like the z-wave relay to notify my porch light, also on a z-wave switch, to turn on. Both of my cameras are pointing at a porch. The IR light at night is not bad but both porch light substantially improve night time video. I am guessing this can be done with the Alarm output feature.
This can be accomplished vice versa, by connecting the alarm out of the camera to the hard wire loops of the 2gig and programming it to open any zwave light.

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have one of my cameras connected to my alarm system (Elk, not 2gig, but same principle). I should add to Lowvoltage's comment that if you have a proper PoE switch/injector, you can use only 2 pairs of the Cat5 you have already run to the camera and repurpose the other 2 pairs for your I/O needs. I don't know if that gets you closer to your alarm system, but at least you don't have to pull more cabling near your camera.

pdobrien3

n3wb
Reaction score
You dont really need a Zwave relay, you can hook up the open collector. terminals on the 2 gig by setting it up to follow the internal sounder. On "Q78: Select Output (00‐12)" choose (11) Follows Internal Sounder Alarm. You would then connect the output collector to the alarm in of the camera and setup to record on alarm input.
Thank you for your response Lowvoltage. Any idea how many cameras the open collector can handle? Is it unlimited? If not, I think the maximum number of cameras I would have in my house would be 6. Could 6 of them be tied together and work off the open collector?

This can be accomplished vice versa, by connecting the alarm out of the camera to the hard wire loops of the 2gig and programming it to open any zwave light.
This opens another can of worms. My 2gig system was converted from a wired system. As such, the can is in one place and the 2gig panel in another. The distance between the two is proportionately greater than my wire pulling abilities. Believe me, I have tried as I also want a wired bell connected to the 2gig. I also want to install two more cameras that I don't have the ability to get Cat6 wire too.

I do a majority of the stuff around my home because I have found that when I hire someone, they usually leave me disappointed with their work. I have high standards and an empty wallet ;-) although I don't mind paying fair prices for quality work. Any way to use this list to find a reasonable wire puller that has pride in his/her work ;-)

Last edited:

pdobrien3

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one of my cameras connected to my alarm system (Elk, not 2gig, but same principle). I should add to Lowvoltage's comment that if you have a proper PoE switch/injector, you can use only 2 pairs of the Cat5 you have already run to the camera and repurpose the other 2 pairs for your I/O needs. I don't know if that gets you closer to your alarm system, but at least you don't have to pull more cabling near your camera.
Thank you for your response LaurentR. I have a Netgear GS516TP switch. I have seen several mentions of a POE switch only using 2 pairs of the cabling but don't know how to check the POE capabilities of my switch. Also, unfortunately, the switch is in the same room as the old hard wired can (see above) and not near the 2gig panel.

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your switch should work. The only things that usually don't work are passive injectors. Of course, if it's not near your alarm panel...
You if your run goes next to your alarm panel, you can always interrupt it and split the alarm wires out, all passively (using proper RJ45 connectors).

pdobrien3

n3wb
Reaction score
Your switch should work. The only things that usually don't work are passive injectors. Of course, if it's not near your alarm panel...
You if your run goes next to your alarm panel, you can always interrupt it and split the alarm wires out, all passively (using proper RJ45 connectors).
Yes, unfortunately getting up the wall from the 2gig panel has been the big issue.