How to view one ip camera through my laptop-HELP-

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hey guys, I’m back at it again. I want to place a camera on a pole and mover around to view on my laptop. I want to be able to adjust each camera this way before I permanently attach to the building. I won’t have any internet access while I’m away from the house either. Thanks for the help in advance.

Attachments

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tony, I agree on the one where the IP address was changed from factory default but this was new out of the box. Do I need to do adjust my laptop internet IP address in order to use the config tool.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tony, I agree on the one where the IP address was changed from factory default but this was new out of the box. Do I need to do adjust my laptop internet IP address in order to use the config tool.
Not knocking the ConfigTool, just never have needed it.

My LAN is already on 192.168.1.XXX , my BI server static at 192.168.1.239, so I just plug in the cam, open a browser, put 192.168.1.108 in the URL and hit <Enter>, open the cam's webGUI, change the cam's IP to what's outside my router's DHCP pool (.200 and up), and make it static.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read the instructions in the ConfigTool, it will search outside your current IP range.
Click on the little camera icon in the upper right corner.