Huisun 1.3mp Speed Dome PTZ with Auto Tracking and wiper

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too am interested in seeing a sample video when you have the chance please, @whoislooking. Much appreciated

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I too am interested in seeing a sample video when you have the chance please, @whoislooking. Much appreciated
mine has just been shipped so if I get it and mount it before Darren I'll get a sample video up.

Looking forward to getting it up and having a play with it

Don't even need a ptz but hey ho a new toy to play with!!!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's raining here so bad, looks like the English summer all 10 days of it is well over lol.

Hawko777

n3wb
Reaction score
G'Day
I have been contemplating a PTZ too, not that i really need one but it does provide that cool factor with flexibility to monitor the front of my house out to and down the road in both directions. Might even catch those beggers who keep letting their dogs drop landmines on my front lawn. LOL. These ones still equate to approx Australian $600, so still not cheap. I would be very interested to see how you guys go and await the sample video's.

Nice Work Lads

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
G'Day
I have been contemplating a PTZ too, not that i really need one but it does provide that cool factor with flexibility to monitor the front of my house out to and down the road in both directions. Might even catch those beggers who keep letting their dogs drop landmines on my front lawn. LOL. These ones still equate to approx Australian $600, so still not cheap. I would be very interested to see how you guys go and await the sample video's.

Nice Work Lads
While PTZ's are great, the biggest drawback for me on them is their ability to only monitor one area at a time. In many cases, it can be cheaper (and more useful) to get several still cams pointed in different directions to get all areas monitored at all times. This is especially true if the zoom part isn't very important.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
G'Day

Nice Work Lads
Yeah, I never bothered with PTZs, too expensive and limited use because I would prefer set it and forget it. Perhaps auto tracking would be a nice feature if it works well, but again, not worth the $$$. In case of Mini PTZ, it's a no brainer, it's a heck of deal for what you get, I don't think people realize this yet and probably put off by unknown brand, but it's much better then any Hikvision in this price range.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not even close to being good deals contact Monica for a better price than them by along way!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why did you change to 1.3mp surely 2mp would give a better sharper picture overall ? Do you have a live stream I can check the picture quality pm me if you don't want to publish details on forum.

Regards Andrew
I changed it to 1.3mp after chatting with Darren and deciding the 1.3 would give a slightly better night time picture.

Ill pm you over a login although it's not really dialled in at the minute as I've only finished installing it today

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cheers that would be good and has Darren compared both side by side , Did you need to run another 12V cable along with the RG45 to the camera as I have only had OPE cameras before Hikvision 2032.s
Yes that caught me out to start.
I ran a seperate 1mm cable to the camera
Cut the dc Jack off the power brick and soldered it to my cable
Then used bullet connectors on the power brick end to connect up and it works a dream.

I initially used some old flimsy power cable from the analogue age and it didn't give the cam enough power to run the ir and the ptz controls at the same time

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and looking at the login reeves1985 sent me to his camera well I was impressed by the night time captures I was seeing.

Looks like Monica is going to get another order tonight :)
Haha I knew you would!
They are very impressive

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just need to wait until Monica is online now and then I will order ...............credit cards out and can not wait.
I have just spoken to her over whatsapp about something so I wouldn't image it will be long

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did anybody made mobil stuff working in ivms 4500?!

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Monica is giving me a different link to the one you gave above Darren , now I'm confused
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/IR-outdoor-waterproof-720p-1-3-megapixel-ip-ptz-high-speed-dome-long-range-night-vision/1248007_32311323149.html

*EDIT** Now looks like she has altered it again it was £148 now shows a HDI-SD Camera

Monica also says the 2mp version is better than the 1.3mp one day and night time so I am really confused now
I think the links she sends are based on the price agreed for the camera and shipping. It all depends, but the chances are that she will send you the link for the regular price+shipping listed on their website. If you are able to get it for a cheaper price and/or cheaper shipping, then she will send you the link with the agreed amount. That way when you add it to your cart in Aliexpress that would be what you pay for the transaction. As far as the 2mp vs 1.3mp it depends on your needs. If night vision image and quality is important to you, then a 1.3mp should work better. Apparently for these speed domes you can't really tell much of a difference from recording at 720 vs 1080.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The night image is better on 1.3mp Day is better on 2mp

Taking the whole package into account, cost and performance the 1.3mp wins hands down.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you had both 1.3 & 2.0 mp cameras as the Hikvision 2032 I have now is set to Daytime all the time because the street lighting outside is very good in my street and I also benefit from having a streetlight outside my house so I am thinking the 2mp one might be better for me as I would never use the IR system for nightime.
Even so it still is a low lux situation so the 1.3 will perform slightly better.

If it was full daylight then granted the 2mp would be a slightly better picture.

But for the difference and the price difference I wouldn't bother with the 2mp

That's just my opinion and I could be totally wrong.

My situation is the same as yours with a street light right outside and I'm happy with the 1.3mp choice
Especially comparing it to my 3mp 2032's

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well you are correct, even with street lighting the lux levels drop compared to natural light.

I'm not saying stay away from the 2mp, again it's personal choice and both are really good value.